Diablo® III

Listening to Mumble broadcast->English 101.

11/12/2013 03:12 PMPosted by jenpeezey
I think we should all just slide the llama at this point

I has no llama. :-(

perhaps... but you has a foxy instead, some might argue thats like 5 llama's ducktaped together.
Reply Quote
Raywhatever
You've still failed to address any of my arguments as you sit on your high moral horse so I'll just pass you off as a troll.

11/12/2013 12:14 PMPosted by PieHole
For a white boy, I do like me some Nongshim noodles....and appreciate MrDuMa's recommendation for them!

The best. Again, look out for Indomie Mi Goreng if you can find it as well.

11/12/2013 02:53 PMPosted by Jaetch
Have you read Brave New World? Your name is soma backwards. I believe you and soma are a good fit :)

I didn't know you were referencing "Soma" to Brave New World and thought you were just mentioning how Amos' name backwards is "Soma" so I just looked at names and reversed them...

MrDuMa = Amudrm (hammerdin)
Jaetch = Hcteaj (a sneeze)
yodatoy = yotadoy (pretty much the same thing)

Couldn't really make sense of any others (didn't try very hard).
Edited by MrDuMa#1541 on 11/12/2013 4:49 PM PST
Reply Quote
I'm waiting for MrDurma to show up.
Doly was there but got in little too late for me. After 9pm, it gets harder to be on the Mumble.
My daughter sort of came in and Ms. Peezey sang a song which she enjoyed.
Got to talk to my master wiz, boozor,
Oor and the new guy who explained to me about datamining were cool.
Bang was there too.

Did I forget anyone? they were 7-8pm people.

oh...Junger came in. We talked about when he's going to be in NJ as it looks like his in laws live 5 min away from my place. We could be neighbors...
Reply Quote
http://memecrunch.com/meme/13TR2/slide-teh-llama-amos-style

http://memecrunch.com/meme/13U4A/mail-order-llama-brides
Edited by FL0Maxx#1702 on 11/13/2013 7:34 AM PST
Reply Quote
http://memecrunch.com/meme/13TR2/slide-teh-llama-amos-style

http://memecrunch.com/meme/13U4A/mail-order-llama-brides

ROFL!!!
Reply Quote
Top-right please.
Reply Quote
http://memecrunch.com/meme/13WW2/instrucciones
Reply Quote
11/13/2013 10:43 AMPosted by FL0Maxx
http://memecrunch.com/meme/13WW2/instrucciones

Nice! Now Amos' statement about five llamas ducktaped together is clear to me.
Reply Quote
If you look at my analogy in a vacuum, then yes, you are right, that would be a terrible comparison. But we don't live in a vacuum. If at a later date, my father ascertained that I was in the know of information that I withheld - then he would consider that omission a dishonesty. Like for example:

You lend mzy a Puzzle Ring. You log off. mzy gives me the puzzle ring to try. He logs off. You log back on. You message me, "Man, I missed mzy. I need to get that puzzle ring back." I respond with, "yeah, you do."

My omission of the fact that it is I who now possesses your puzzle ring is paramount to dishonesty. That was my point. And that is somewhat what I am "accusing" you of in your thought process and discussion here. I get the feeling that you know the answer to your own question - but you also know that to put that answer into words is a tall order for us to fill.

I agree your example is a case of dishonesty but that example is still not analogue to the situation here. You see, in your example, speaking or not speaking is sufficient to determine the potential dishonesty. In our situation this is not the case. I would need to speak up first before people can determine my bias.

I chose not to put my bias into words because it would not be relevant to the point being discussed.

At face value, the function of this forum, noted above by the blue sticky, would suggest that we are well off the beaten trail of its original intent. And to be honest, I would be inclined to agree with that statement - but I don't necessarily see that as a bad thing. And I'm not sure you do, either? Do you?

I think this is exactly the issue I wanted to raise when I first posted here. I'm not sure myself either. I guess that is something I'm trying to find out as well. My opinion is still a fairly dry sponge and I was looking to see what other people think of it.

I think I started lurking a couple of months ago, so I have hardly seen any of this forum's history, though your three verbs were sufficient to spark my interest.

Many "forums" evolve from their original design, and that is as Ralph Waldo Emerson so eloquently put it (in so many words) because, "Mankind's best and worst trait are simultaneously the same - his inability to be satisfied with the way things are in their current state." That's how we broke Wicked Wind, and that's why there are 0 bidders and bots. We can't help it. But I don't believe, as I believe RWE also didn't believe, that this is a bad thing, always. Chaos breeds creativity. Yoda's posts sometimes make me roll my eyes. Other times, the guy gets good discussion going. I don't want him to ever stop - because for every post there is of his that may not have value, he has others that do, and who am I to criticize a social chemist? What do you think?

I think that's a highly interesting take on things. Thank you.

I have seen a couple of forums in my relatively short lifespan, but I am unfamiliar with the way the forum evolved here. Jaetch explained how everything that has to be said has been said already and that seems like a valid point but I'm wondering how a community, founded on discussing items, gears, builds, competitions, trades and whatnot fares when their foundation is slowly being undermined by repetition and the lack of new content.

I don't mind your previous post, you've proven to be able to argue sensibly with this post.

a) I've been quite apprehensive in asking this
- Congratulations on stepping out of your shell. Hopefully doing so wasn't as scary as you expected it to be.
c) This is the last straw
- Wow, this sounds scary. Last straw for what? Are we going to make it out alive?

I said those things in an attempt to cut of the sharp edges of my post. Not my strongest point, but I'm glad it managed to entertain so many.

b) kind "of" (sic) been playing the waiting game
- Don't get me started on how I can't stand people mixing up "have" with "of".

I don't like those people either. Why bring that up though? Are you implying I mixed those up?

) What's up with all the people here using this forum as their fb timeline?
- Well, this is the closest thing resembling some sort of a question, though it's hardly a specific one. In fact, its hard to ascertain if it even is a question, or some sort of a statement.

It qualifies as a discussion in the sense that there isn't a clear answer to the question, but rather different opinions from different people. A discussion doesn't always have to be about winning or losing, or coming up with the best answer, but it can also serve as a tool to exchange ideas or to inspire other people.
Reply Quote
Random suggestion: Why not take one thread, entitle it the chat lounge and use that for things that are not really wizard but more community related?
Reply Quote
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/3074647455
Reply Quote
11/13/2013 12:59 PMPosted by Rayquorz
Random suggestion: Why not take one thread, entitle it the chat lounge and use that for things that are not really wizard but more community related?

OMG...I thought the fire was about go out then you rekindle it.

Did you see what happened to the activities in the forum today? Doesn't it remind you EU forum?
Reply Quote
I only skimmed through the topiclist, but I didn't notice anything unusual today. What exactly are you referring to, if I may wonder?
Reply Quote
Oh wait, is this still going on?

If this was inappropriate for this forum, was it supposed to be deleted by now? Why are you still dwelling on this matter?

You made your points clear, everyone responded to it. Let's move on.
Reply Quote
Discussions get interesting once people respond to other people's responses.
Reply Quote
I only skimmed through the topiclist, but I didn't notice anything unusual today. What exactly are you referring to, if I may wonder?

Yoda is talking about the multiple posts on BoA in General. He's relating that to your suggestion of keeping everything in one thread ... I think.
Reply Quote
I think FL0 won this thread... i'm still can't stop laughing

how strange that the topic of a chat lounge thread be brought up again for the wiz community. i guess we wern't crazy afterall.... now if only someone would listen
Reply Quote
MVP - Diablo III
View profile
11/13/2013 12:59 PMPosted by Rayquorz

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/9573277821#1

Already done. Already talked about. I spoke with the community team regarding this as well, it's just not something on the web team's (the people responsible for forum development) agenda. Not yet anyway.

11/13/2013 12:54 PMPosted by Rayquorz
I'm wondering how a community, founded on discussing items, gears, builds, competitions, trades and whatnot fares when their foundation is slowly being undermined by repetition and the lack of new content.

It just happens, especially with all the ridiculously intelligent and passionate people we have in this community. When there are only X number of ways to "efficiently/effectively" gear a character for optimal performance at higher levels, people will want to know about it, so we talk about it. Over and over and over again.

Sometimes, dare to be different. People have proposed alternative ways to play. We discuss it; we all share our opinions. And that's it. But sometimes a month later, someone attempts to do something different. Not efficient. Refer to past posts about being efficient or refer to similar "for fun" builds in the past that have already been discussed and covered. Came up with a new build? Hey, here's a build that this group of players used five months ago, except with this rune instead of that rune. What do you think? Discuss. Next.

While such subjects don't apply to newcomers or those who don't frequent the forum every day or every other day or week, it applies to the "regulars" here, which is why you see off topic threads because... well, we pretty much talked about whatever's been talked about before.

Just wait until you see someone try to be a wise-[slang term for gluteus maximus] and debunk everything that's been covered so far. Those are the real fun moments when we pit over a year's worth of data against something that comes across as blasphemy. I'm sure the regulars here can tell you all about those episodes.
Twitter: @Jaetch
Edited by Jaetch#1861 on 11/13/2013 1:43 PM PST
Reply Quote
Jaetch explained how everything that has to be said has been said already and that seems like a valid point but I'm wondering how a community, founded on discussing items, gears, builds, competitions, trades and whatnot fares when their foundation is slowly being undermined by repetition and the lack of new content.

Why do you have to wonder about it?

Players start making fun for themselves whether "fun" is in-game challenges, moving to Mumble, or talking about blue crabs all night long.
Reply Quote
MVP - Diablo III
View profile
Players start making fun for themselves whether "fun" is in-game challenges, moving to Mumble, or talking about blue crabs all night long.

I was really, really, really confused when I came back online and read through all those broadcasts.
Twitter: @Jaetch
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]