Diablo® III

Listening to Mumble broadcast->English 101.

English 101.
Reply Quote
MVP
View profile
Speaking of Mumble, whoever that wizard was who came back from break, I want to know the final stats after Whar, Poptartz and I showered him with gear.

(oh yes, lurkers, once in a blue moon a crit Mempo, trifecta BT Cross, trifecta rings and socketed Chant Wills get donated)
Twitter: @Jaetch
Edited by Jaetch#1861 on 11/13/2013 8:44 PM PST
Reply Quote
View profile
(oh yes, lurkers, once in a blue moon a crit Mempo, trifecta BT Cross, trifecta rings and socketed Chant Wills get donated)

damn i gotta come back :)
Reply Quote
11/13/2013 09:24 PMPosted by SteelPhantom

damn i gotta come back :)

I know right - holy cow what a give away O.O

but first i think we should leave for a serious amount of time lol
Reply Quote

As a lurker can I say holy cow :P never have the guts to ask anyone on here if they want to play when I do though lol :P plus I am not top elite lol but decent enough for where I need to be lol but just wanted to say holy cow.

Please continue will be keeping an eye on this convo as I like to check out these threads each night.
Edited by Sorceress#1395 on 11/14/2013 12:44 AM PST
Reply Quote
It's all about the social really. I don't think anyone really cares about your gear.

I think most here are decently geared enough to carry anyway. I mean... I haven't upgraded my gear in a long time (don't really care anymore) but as long as I can freeze decently and lag enough people from a prepped crypt or ole someone, it's all good.

Having said that, I haven't ole'd anyone for a while. I think the last was jenpeezey. I wonder if I should be worried about a revenge ole...
Reply Quote
It's all about the social really. I don't think anyone really cares about your gear.

I think most here are decently geared enough to carry anyway. I mean... I haven't upgraded my gear in a long time (don't really care anymore) but as long as I can freeze decently and lag enough people from a prepped crypt or ole someone, it's all good.

Having said that, I haven't ole'd anyone for a while. I think the last was jenpeezey. I wonder if I should be worried about a revenge ole...

whats an ole? and i am geared enough for mp10 in groups even with 124k dps as I do survive fairly decent when playing public games lol.

Though was weird today was in a public game and this other cm wizard asked how i was setting off freeze so regulary lol which i didnt realise was the case though think it may be cause i use get 15% extra crit chance for 12 seconds when you hit 5 monsters? any opinions on that I would be interested.

Also if needed in game stats are 2.76 AS and 50.50 Crit chance. (though maybe thats with the 15% crit chance too I have no idea lol I don't follow stats much lol) The other guy though had 3.14 attack speed too though I would have thought that would have made him faster than me at setting it off?

Thanks for the response.
Edited by Sorceress#1395 on 11/14/2013 1:03 AM PST
Reply Quote
Ole is when you agro a Savage beast in line with another player and move out of the way so the beast charges in and (hopefully) kills the other player. I do it in public a lot hahaha Players get angry at the game and asking for nerfs.

Umm... if the other guy had an APS of 3.14 (that's heaps fast), then he either has rubbish CC (like... under 30 or something), doesn't have enough APoC (means you can't cast as many WWs to bring down cool down timers) or didn't have CM equipped. My guess... he didn't have enough APoC since he would probably need a Mempo (no APoC) and was using a non APoC Chanto's Force. I don't think the 9~10 APoC from Chanto's Will is enough to sustain at any APS break point.
Reply Quote
Ole is when you agro a Savage beast in line with another player and move out of the way so the beast charges in and (hopefully) kills the other player. I do it in public a lot hahaha Players get angry at the game and asking for nerfs.

Umm... if the other guy had an APS of 3.14 (that's heaps fast), then he either has rubbish CC (like... under 30 or something), doesn't have enough APoC (means you can't cast as many WWs to bring down cool down timers) or didn't have CM equipped. My guess... he didn't have enough APoC since he would probably need a Mempo (no APoC) and was using a non APoC Chanto's Force. I don't think the 9~10 APoC from Chanto's Will is enough to sustain at any APS break point.

Kay thats interesting as he said he had 50% crit chance so you might be right must be the APoC then as when I upgraded to mempo for more health plus damage I pretty much went and bought a force with APoC for what I could afford.

Thanks for that interesting to know
Edited by Sorceress#1395 on 11/14/2013 1:25 AM PST
Reply Quote
Thread title should be renamed "A lesson in english for Wizards"

geez people.

A lesson in English by a bunch of prescriptivists! I of placed a curse on all your toenails!
Reply Quote
Is the thread getting redirected now? It's Mumble for wizard players... seriously, whoever is reporting this stuff really needs to pull their heads out of their bum bums.
Reply Quote
uh, no, English doesn't work that way.

It should have (not of) read as:

I am (present tense) quite apprehensive in asking this, and have kind of been playing the waiting game, but this is the last straw.

"Have been apprehensive in asking" implies that you have been asking this in the past, and that it was a continuous action, and also that it ended. If you wanted to say that you were asking about it in the past, and still are in the present, then you would say, "I was apprehensive in asking"

Neither apply here, though, because you hadn't asked anything until this thread started, so the correct tense to use is simply the present tense, not the past perfect tense. You are asking. You are apprehensive in asking.

The second clause is something you had done in the past, but are no longer doing, so using "have" there makes sense. (You aren't playing the waiting game anymore)

Caveat- I'm just an engineering major, though.

Then why did you link me two sites with have/of errors earlier..?

'have been apprehensive in asking' does not mean I have been asking this in the past, it means I have been feeling anxious about asking this in the past and still do now. That's what apprehensive means, having anxious feelings about something.

Both clauses take place in the same time frame. They started in the past and last up to the time of posting. That's why I used present perfect instead of simple past.
Reply Quote
Is there really a good reason why this thread turned into English !@#$s 101?
I don't think that in any conventional forum conversation, anyone cares about other peoples grammar, unless it is exceptionally poor or they can't come up with more creative criticism.

Edit: They censor the word use to describe WW2 Racist Germans; odd.
Edited by Ley#1310 on 11/14/2013 9:05 AM PST
Reply Quote
Personally, I think the Games, Gaming, and Hardware forum is a very appropriate place for lessons in English.
Reply Quote
I'm doing a mumble tune in right now! tryign to stay away from teh game so i can get work done but bored out of my skull so it's mumble wiz radio for me woohoo
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]