Here's the foundation (Full out DPS version)
As shown in the videos below.
Here's a more tactical, also considered "Non-steppers" version for more engaging play.
Suppression Fire supplies everything in the points mentioned below, plus disc. Prep helps for "oh !@#$" moments. Order of attacks still apply, however you plant bait the trap to gain that 10% crit chance as it doesn't interrupt your bola stacking. When mobs get close, vault back with trail of cinders while they trigger your caltrop, giving you crowd control, cull the weak bonus, and a fire trail for them to take damage. Suppression Fire provides you with more than enough disc to rinse and repeat this method.
*Side note* Bait the trap does NOT snapshot crit chance, so you will need to be in the trap as the bola's are exploding to get the 10% crit chance bonus, therefore it may be useful to lay down the trap right before the first bola explodes (or before you layer in your first multishot).
Pre-prepped Crypt Run with VocaloidNyan's zero DPS monk mp 10.
*NEW* Solo video mp 10 with challenging packs! (in HD!)
Quick key notes to take from videos:
1. This is a ranged build with good synergy. Would not recommend for anyone do not like playing ranged or simply do not enjoy it.
2. ID is extremely potent with higher attack speed weapons, enough to be THE damage dealer when done correctly. Once you go below 2.5 APS, it really starts to lose effectiveness. 2.74 or above is recommended.
3. With the exception of a few rare cases, spamming the hatred spender at any moment in this build results in less efficiency and should be used to compliment ID.
4. Multi shot serves a minimum of 3 purposes for this build, making it crucial to have.
5. The order of attacks determines the outcome of trash mobs.
6. Buff the hell out of bola on gear slots for maximum pwnage, as it is your damage dealer. You do NOT need end game gear to pull this off at your appropriate MP level.
7. Really fun (subjective) and satisfying to use, especially when pulled off well.
8. I called it "DoomShot" in the first video, which is no longer the case.
Thanks for reading/watching!