Diablo® III

New Ranged Build - Multi-BolaGasm, w/vids

View profile
11/13/2013 06:24 AMPosted by evilrayman
DPS is too high to mimic.

Lower/Raise the MP accordingly for your weapon damage to match output on the gameplay, to get the full experience of the build.

If you maintain at the MP you play at normally, then it's all good.
If you have to raise the MP, then it's better than expected.

If you have to lower the MP, it then becomes easier to discover what it is you need to tweak. Whether that's get better gear, wrap your hands around the build and learn how to pilot it, improve your gameplay, or call the build garbage and argue, or maybe it's just better for lower MPs based on gear.
Edited by ActionKungfu#1184 on 11/13/2013 12:54 PM PST
Reply Quote
Posted by REAPER666
Freeze wiz actually deactivates Cotw as well

hmmm.... I did not know this, Thanks for this info bud

I guess that's what I get for being away from DH so long :P

Ya, kinda sucks if you ask me. Buriza and Azurewrath causes the same issue, so they can't be completely relied upon for Cull :(

Hey sorry, just wanted to hop in on this one.

I've done a ton of testing with Freeze and CtW, as long as the skill that applied the freezing also applies slowing, you will still obtain the CtW bonus. Freezing alone doesn't give the bonus, but it doesn't cancel it either. I'm not sure if Frost Nova cancels the chill effect though, I've never tried that, but I would assume as long as your shot has cold damage you get the bonus.

Ya I should have been more specific and not used the term "deactivate" What I meant was the freeze itself, whether by follower or a Wiz, does not provide the cull bonus which means in most cases you will still have to provide your own snare effect during this time. Sorry for the confusion. :P

@DiEoxidE <(^^<)Have you ever considered taking advantage of party debuffs which slow down monsters for you (i.e. proc cull the weak), and then changing multishot to something else? Like CA -> LfB (may require bat companion)Examples of stuff that proc cull the weak in partiesCrippling wave (common on ZDS monks)Mantra of Conviction -> Disheaten (slows monsters within 20 yards)Barb's w/ cold SoJ (very common)Time bubble (wizard bubblezzz)Other demon hunters that use slow attacks

I'm not nearly as trusting of my teammates outside of TPA or long time friends to make sure they provide those things reliably lol. Not to mention for whatever reason, I tend to pull agro more than anyone in a party and often having to fend for myself almost half the time. It's hilarious sometimes watching leapers attack a WD and then all literally hoping over him to surround me in a matter of seconds lol.

Outside of that though, CA wouldn't be a bad idea granted everything's working out near perfect every time. I hate using the bat though, and I just pulled myself off of using it for multishot. :P

so did you guys use teamspeak or skype orrr??? ;)

The vid was good, but I was stunned that Nyan has a voice (>^^)>
Is there a solo vid for this build?

Ya we use teamspeak for the TPA Guild.

The last 1/3 of the tutorial video is technically a short solo run. Maybe I will record a full run later at some point, but there will be no distinct difference in the execution of this build, you'll only just see "more" of it.

As a bit of an aside, you want to use as much of the cone that is beyond 30 or so yards from the player as possible (i.e. you don't want to engage a pack at the edge of the screen). One of reasons, IMO, why DiE's build feels so smooth, is because the player engages the packs at long range with Bola and by the time they're loaded up with bolas they are at the perfect range for a Full Broadside.

Bingo.
Edited by DiEoxidE#1987 on 11/13/2013 1:46 PM PST
Reply Quote
View profile
@DiEoxidE

Play in non-DH parties more often!

CA LfB does much more damage than multishot, for more reliable pre-mature ejaculations. You do have to get the right party to do this, but it seems that it would be more effective than what your doing at the moment if the conditions are correct.
Reply Quote
@DiEoxidE, thanks for the build. Tested last night, as expected I have trouble staying ranged. My bad, no stepping skills at all. Just out of curiosity, can you share your keybinding please? Are there any ways to remap LH/RH mouse to keyboard?
Reply Quote
@DiEoxidE

Play in non-DH parties more often!

CA LfB does much more damage than multishot, for more reliable pre-mature ejaculations. You do have to get the right party to do this, but it seems that it would be more effective than what your doing at the moment if the conditions are correct.

Sounds like something to ponder over on TS. One of the biggest differences is multishot is consistent and accurate and does exactly what I want it to do 100% of the time, with or without the party. CA LFB lacks big time in this department, although its capable of insane amounts of damage. Is the respectable damage increase while slotting bat enough to overlook CA's inconsistency as well as party support inconsistency at a distance?

Another thing to look at is it's not important for me personally to set off ID in a team game each time. In a party of 4, I'd never be able to pop the ID's cherry quickly enough by myself on the first round. Also look at how this works at a distance with melee party members. The reason why ID becomes so damn good in parties is because I can start stacking ID's before the other members reach that area. By the time they get there, ID's are already starting to go off, tearing off huge chunks of HP WHILE the rest of the party amplifies this effect. Since this is the case, my first round of attacks on trash mobs won't have the cull bonus applied from other party members, nor the tight knit cluster of mobs from cyclone to make CA really strong. It is only after the rest of the party reaches the mobs and get their skills going is when I can truly attempt to maximize CA's damage potential and even then I have to worry about about consistency.

I know I went into some extreme detail here, but you've been around me enough to understand exactly where I'm coming from so I know you know what I'm talking about. Good idea's nonetheless, just stressing my concerns :D
Edited by DiEoxidE#1987 on 11/13/2013 5:11 PM PST
Reply Quote
View profile
<(^^<)
Reply Quote
11/13/2013 02:17 PMPosted by Defender
@DiEoxidE, thanks for the build. Tested last night, as expected I have trouble staying ranged. My bad, no stepping skills at all. Just out of curiosity, can you share your keybinding please? Are there any ways to remap LH/RH mouse to keyboard?

I actually just use the default settings, believe it or not lol. You can check out some ideas in my stepping thread. Has vids on how, as well as many comments from people that had different keybindings that helped them with stepping. You should check them out.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/8569108872

Also, keep in mind you don't have to be a great stepper to take advantage of this build (though it certainly helps). If you're having crowd control issues, run with suppression fire instead of broadside and add caltrops to help keep mobs away. You'll also have enough disc to vault etc as much as necessary. Just some foot for thought.
Reply Quote
Yeah, I had the chance to test it out in a couple of quick FoM run with the little time I had last night. I can feel the increase in eDPS with the Caltrops:BtT and MfD variation that Dieoxide suggested, feeding multiple forms of DPS buffs into Bola, so trash mob kill time felt a tiny bit quicker than my usual Bola-Ball Lightning build, and I used Suppression Fire to help with Perma Gloom. I did miss going ra-ta-ta-ta-ta-ta at Elites with RF:FS though. :P

And then there's the issue with the cone shaped AoE of Multishot not overlapping fully with the Bola's explosion radius at melee range, so the mobs on either side of the cone shaped AoE don't really benefit the increase in DPS due to CtW (although those that stepped into BtT's AoE did still get snared for CtW benefit), as Nyan and RedCell mentioned:
11/13/2013 07:06 AMPosted by VocaloidNyan
In fact, I don't even think multishot works well with a tank.

MS deals damage in a cone, thus you want to keep the bulk of enemies forces at a distance thereby making maximum use of the widest arc.

So, I guess yes it's usable, but it's not going to work as well as playing ranged to make full use of the overlapping AoEs between Bola and MS.
Reply Quote
ive been having alot of fun with this build.

things ive changed that work better for me....

caltrops (hooked spines) in lieu of bat.
with the idea you can remain stationary slightly longer firing off more bola's for hatred regen. simply move back a few yards before bolas explodes to maintain steady aim... plus the front enemy (fully bola'd) gets slowed 80% while his buddies catch up for the big bang,

multishot - suppression
great for discpline regen, more vault, more traps.
Reply Quote
CA LFB lacks big time in this department, although its capable of insane amounts of damage

Tried this out. Bad for two reasons:

Hatred generations are lacking even with prep and crow.

No chill effect for CtW.

Love this build because this allows you to successfully kite and AOE damage is just as good against 1-4 mobs (elites) as well as groups. For a DW hunter, I use RoV cloud for full crowd control.

Question: When chilled, affected mobs with Immanent Doom, does CoW still come into play or is it when the mob must be chilled for the full 2 second duration to go off?
Reply Quote
Question: When chilled, affected mobs with Immanent Doom, does CoW still come into play or is it when the mob must be chilled for the full 2 second duration to go off?

CoW = Cull the Weak?

you have to apply cold damage when the bola's are exploding for CtW to be applied and the chill effect from a cold SoJ lasts one second. CtW is a monster debuff, not a character buff, that's why it has to be applied during the explosion.
Reply Quote
I gave this build a quick run tonight and quite enjoyed it. It felt like it was a much easier build to use compared to the Stone cold Hunter build. Did a few Mp9 runs and with 800k-1m Bola crits i could DPS elites pretty quickly and also didn't feel like i was going to run out of disc either by using supression fire.

I'll need to fine tune it a bit more for me as im not quite happy with how my skills synched together. And im quite pleased this build has cropped up as i'll soon be concentrating on leveling a new DH and i dont really want to RF Bombard my way through Crypts any more.

Good work Dioxide

<(^^<)
Reply Quote
View profile
Good work Dioxide

<(^^<)

What about Nyan? :(

(>^^)>
Reply Quote
Nyan too good for praise <(^^<)
Reply Quote
Yeah, I had the chance to test it out in a couple of quick FoM run with the little time I had last night. I can feel the increase in eDPS with the Caltrops:BtT and MfD variation that Dieoxide suggested, feeding multiple forms of DPS buffs into Bola, so trash mob kill time felt a tiny bit quicker than my usual Bola-Ball Lightning build, and I used Suppression Fire to help with Perma Gloom. I did miss going ra-ta-ta-ta-ta-ta at Elites with RF:FS though. :P

And then there's the issue with the cone shaped AoE of Multishot not overlapping fully with the Bola's explosion radius at melee range, so the mobs on either side of the cone shaped AoE don't really benefit the increase in DPS due to CtW (although those that stepped into BtT's AoE did still get snared for CtW benefit), as Nyan and RedCell mentioned:
In fact, I don't even think multishot works well with a tank.

MS deals damage in a cone, thus you want to keep the bulk of enemies forces at a distance thereby making maximum use of the widest arc.

So, I guess yes it's usable, but it's not going to work as well as playing ranged to make full use of the overlapping AoEs between Bola and MS.

If I'm assuming correctly, MS:Burst fire was meant to be a close ranged rune, but...... well.... you know lol. Everything that's said here pretty much holds true.

I gave this build a quick run tonight and quite enjoyed it. It felt like it was a much easier build to use compared to the Stone cold Hunter build. Did a few Mp9 runs and with 800k-1m Bola crits i could DPS elites pretty quickly and also didn't feel like i was going to run out of disc either by using supression fire.

I'll need to fine tune it a bit more for me as im not quite happy with how my skills synched together. And im quite pleased this build has cropped up as i'll soon be concentrating on leveling a new DH and i dont really want to RF Bombard my way through Crypts any more.

Good work Dioxide

<(^^<)

Thanks (>^^)>

What about Nyan? :(

(>^^)>

<<<<<(((^---^<<<<<))))
Reply Quote
Nyan, Nyan ??? Where have i heard that name before ??? :P
Reply Quote
If I'm assuming correctly, MS:Burst fire was meant to be a close ranged rune, but...... well.... you know lol. Everything that's said here pretty much holds true.
The melee range shock pulse is Arcane damage, so no Cold SoJ proc :/
Reply Quote
11/15/2013 07:17 PMPosted by Oble
The melee range shock pulse is Arcane damage, so no Cold SoJ proc :/

True, however the actual multi-shot of that rune does proc cold and i believe it hits before the burst fire does, giving it the 15% bonus as well. Issue still remains that anything outside of that narrow cone coming from the weapon will not get hit by multi-shot though.
Reply Quote
View profile
Okay well here is my Nyan build after I did playing around. Here you go <(^^<)

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/demon-hunter#WckgYe!ecX!cbbccc

The idea is that you LS snapshot chakram, and step towards the monsters playing chain of torment/caltrops. RF: FS is just for finishing off monsters. Even when your tanking (unless reflect damage), you should rarely use shadow power. Of course, you should have the eHP to tank without gloom.

Here is my Nyan profile :

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/VocaloidNyan-1582/hero/27359023

And another hug <(^^<)
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]