Diablo® III

New Ranged Build - Multi-BolaGasm, w/vids

I'll give that a shot, Nyan. (>^^)>

Just wondering since I haven't had much experience with the Shadow Glide rune, how is SP:Shadow Glide meant to be used in Nyan's build?
Reply Quote
Multishot.. It's kinda cool to be able to use it as a Generator-ish :3

Though again, it needs specific skills and preparation though.

But able to use any rune of it in an alternating fashion with a Generator is nice too.
Reply Quote
Okay well here is my Nyan build after I did playing around. Here you go <(^^<)

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/demon-hunter#WckgYe!ecX!cbbccc

The idea is that you LS snapshot chakram, and step towards the monsters playing chain of torment/caltrops. RF: FS is just for finishing off monsters. Even when your tanking (unless reflect damage), you should rarely use shadow power. Of course, you should have the eHP to tank without gloom.

Here is my Nyan profile :

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/VocaloidNyan-1582/hero/27359023

And another hug <(^^<)

11/17/2013 07:43 PMPosted by Oble
(>^^)> So I've tried it, but I can't seem to get it to work nicely. It's probably my lack of eHP and weapon life steal. And there are still little blind spots where monsters don't get snared by Caltrops or CoT, so I'm unsure if it was my positioning.

In fact, I went back to using MS:Suppression Fire with Caltrops:BtT. Caltrops's AoE covers both sides of MS's blind spots at melee range, whilst MS covers the front and far end of the Bola:ID's explosion radius. Suppression Fire also allows me to continue perma-Gloom to compensate for my eHP. I also threw RoV:Dark Cloud/Anathema into the build for more cold proc blanketing.

It did get a little disc-starved on some elite encounters though, so I had to drop my favourite Vault:ToC for Prep. Overall, that went quite alright for an alternate build for me when I'm bored of my Bola-Ball Lightning-Fire Support. The build ended up looking something like: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/demon-hunter#WjVgYl!ecX!cbcYcY

Gotta start brushing up on my ranged play though to experience the full power of Dieoxide's build, and to stop derailing a ranged build thread into a melee build discussion. *embarrassed*
Reply Quote
Great job DiE!!! Always thinking of new builds...
Reply Quote
Okay well here is my Nyan build after I did playing around. Here you go <(^^<)

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/demon-hunter#WckgYe!ecX!cbbccc

The idea is that you LS snapshot chakram, and step towards the monsters playing chain of torment/caltrops. RF: FS is just for finishing off monsters. Even when your tanking (unless reflect damage), you should rarely use shadow power. Of course, you should have the eHP to tank without gloom.

Here is my Nyan profile :

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/VocaloidNyan-1582/hero/27359023

And another hug <(^^<)

11/17/2013 07:43 PMPosted by Oble
(>^^)> So I've tried it, but I can't seem to get it to work nicely. It's probably my lack of eHP and weapon life steal. And there are still little blind spots where monsters don't get snared by Caltrops or CoT, so I'm unsure if it was my positioning.

In fact, I went back to using MS:Suppression Fire with Caltrops:BtT. Caltrops's AoE covers both sides of MS's blind spots at melee range, whilst MS covers the front and far end of the Bola:ID's explosion radius. Suppression Fire also allows me to continue perma-Gloom to compensate for my eHP. I also threw RoV:Dark Cloud/Anathema into the build for more cold proc blanketing.

It did get a little disc-starved on some elite encounters though, so I had to drop my favourite Vault:ToC for Prep. Overall, that went quite alright for an alternate build for me when I'm bored of my Bola-Ball Lightning-Fire Support. The build ended up looking something like: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/demon-hunter#WjVgYl!ecX!cbcYcY

Gotta start brushing up on my ranged play though to experience the full power of Dieoxide's build, and to stop derailing a ranged build thread into a melee build discussion. *embarrassed*

Lol, it's all good man. Creative thinking is always welcomed.

11/22/2013 04:32 AMPosted by shingO
Great job DiE!!! Always thinking of new builds...

I saw some guy in game I never met (a friend of a clan member of mine) that said this brought back life into his DH again. We have a lot of lurkers who don't post that we do reach in the DH community, and I think that's pretty cool.
Reply Quote
After playin with ya today or yesterday.... Was smooooth.... Didn't notice they were frozen till they exploded.... Sick build!!!! Keep it up bro.
Reply Quote
I have been meaning to post this for a few days. Been really busy! I do'nt normally post on forums, just constant thief of all the great information out here!

I want to throw out a special thank you to Dieoxide! I randomly joined a game with him and told him how much I was in love with this particular build. We played a few rounds together. He gave me some great pointers on which skills I should be using because of my playstyle.

To anyone who was not sure about this build. Let me vouch for it and say its extremely fun and powerful. I never really enjoyed DH until I cam across this particular build.

Thanks again Die =D
Reply Quote
11/27/2013 09:29 PMPosted by Demoz
I have been meaning to post this for a few days. Been really busy! I do'nt normally post on forums, just constant thief of all the great information out here!

I want to throw out a special thank you to Dieoxide! I randomly joined a game with him and told him how much I was in love with this particular build. We played a few rounds together. He gave me some great pointers on which skills I should be using because of my playstyle.

To anyone who was not sure about this build. Let me vouch for it and say its extremely fun and powerful. I never really enjoyed DH until I cam across this particular build.

Thanks again Die =D

Hey man, didn't even realize I had another post lol. Cool, glad you're enjoying. Hit me up anytime.
Reply Quote
Change name to Multi-BallGasm >_>
Reply Quote
12/03/2013 09:51 PMPosted by Chrizzle
Change name to Multi-BallGasm >_>

Epic
Reply Quote
Just wanted to hop in and say how amazing this build is! It is the most fun I've playing a DH since I first started way back when Diablo 3 came out.

DiEoxidE also helped me out a ton with the build. He gave me a few suggestions on skills based on my playstyle. He also gave me tons of advice on how to gear my character for the build.

DiEoxidE is one awesome person.!
Reply Quote
View profile
I helped too! :'(
Reply Quote
DiE, combo this with a Buriza.. Play on Low MP and watch some fireworks. It's just for a fun build/idea but hey.. I prefer doing that than grind mindlessly :3
Reply Quote
12/08/2013 08:32 AMPosted by VocaloidNyan
I helped too! :'(

No fish for u

Running this with Thrill of the Hunt for the last couple nights. It's good stuff.
Edited by TheGreatKhan#1302 on 12/8/2013 10:54 AM PST
Reply Quote
12/08/2013 01:16 AMPosted by Impossible
Just wanted to hop in and say how amazing this build is! It is the most fun I've playing a DH since I first started way back when Diablo 3 came out.

DiEoxidE also helped me out a ton with the build. He gave me a few suggestions on skills based on my playstyle. He also gave me tons of advice on how to gear my character for the build.

DiEoxidE is one awesome person.!

Nice, glad it's working for you.

I actually need to make a calculator for the "non-steppers" version, so it's not automatically assumed you need godly stepping skills to use, which is far from the truth.
Reply Quote
Added the tactical, non-stepper version/guide in OP :D
Reply Quote
12/08/2013 08:10 PMPosted by DiEoxidE
Added the tactical, non-stepper version/guide in OP :D
Yay! Time to try it out again~ :D

Had issues with stepping cuz I kept getting rubberbanding with my lag =(
Reply Quote
Finally set some time aside to do a solo video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UbHlhclra6U&feature=youtu.be in HD!

I took time to find a run in which had challenging elites as well. First pack is a demonic tremor pack! :D.

Put vid in OP as well.
Reply Quote
so DiE brought me into a game the other day and walked me through this build. showed me how he played it and gave me the breakdown of the order of attack. it was a ton of fun tbh, in a game with him. when i tried this build on my own solo there was a couple things that i just couldn't get to work properly in my favor and basically just didn't sit quite right with me.

1: depending on your dps the soj even with the cold proc for CtW didn't\'t add up as an actual dps gain. don't get me wrong it wasn't much of a loss doing the math and the snare affect came in handy.

example: if i have 350k sheet dps and changing my rare ring for the soj was a 50k loss (which is was more like 57k, but i was slightly higher than 350) quick math shows

300k x 15% is 45k so now im only at 345k dps. granted i get the bonus to bola so that helps a bit to. on the other hand the the extra disc is nice as well as the BvE. it was only the BvE that made this really worthwhile. IMO

2: MS is such a huge spender and if there isn't a group of mobs in front of you the disc gain is minimal at best. and without using MS you won't get the CtW bonus.

so i tweaked this build a little bit and am finding it very viable, at least for me. the basic mechanics are the same. the idea behind the build is the same, with just a slightly different skill set.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/demon-hunter#WiVYdg!Yce!cZbacc

this skill set requires more discipline to be used when using your discipline, since MS is not tehre to give you some back. DiE i know you don't use supp fire anyway. that being said +disc gear is helpful.

by using this skill set you could essentially gain even more dps because you will not need a cold soj or tals. the hatred usage is almost non-existent. since the idea here is to get off 5-6 bolas then fire a MS for the cold proc, nothing really changes. FA cost 10 hatred and snares for 1 second. with 2.75 aps you can fire off 1 FA every 3rd bola for the cost of 1 hatred. this gives you basically constant snare.

i usually fire 1 FA at my target to slow them. then stat firing my bola's, followed by a FA. at that point if they have not died yet i can continue to fire 3 bola 1 FA rinse repeat.

thank you DiE for showing me this in game. i know i said i didn't like it but now I've changed my mind.
Reply Quote
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/demon-hunter#WjRYkd!ace!cbbccc

Shadow powerless build that I have fun with. Life steal weapon of course but if you dont have one you could substitute Numbing Traps for Thrill of the Hunt and Aid Station for Guardian Turret.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]