Diablo® III

Forced to use new launcher?

View profile
Last night I installed Heartsone beta and it also installed the new Launcher or whatever that client is. It seems that it have replaced my Diablo 3 launcher as well and I can't stat the game anymore without it.
If I uninstall the launcher, will that be a problem for starting Heartstone or Diablo 3?
Reply Quote
We are going to be forced to use it anyway after the beta is finished. Just make sure you turn off auto update and you should be okay.
Reply Quote
View profile
Is that valid for Diablo as well?
Reply Quote
yeah they will make us use it for any current Blizz game. :(
Reply Quote
For all blizzard games silentkiller. I personal like it since it will show you who is online in the games you own. If they added messenger support something like steam I would be much grateful.
Reply Quote
View profile
I generally dislike the idea of having something else start the game for me, I click Diablo3.exe and it starts the launcher and starts the game from there, why do I need an extra layer of risk?

I've obviously disabled all things in that launcher that can cause trouble, but do you guys have any feedback of what happens if the launcher crashes or something?

I guess, everyone is trying to create their own Steam type of client nowadays.
Reply Quote
I thought about this... can you just modify the properties of the shortcut, like when you run 2x D3's on one system? Add... " -launch" ...into the Target name.

How you liking Hearthstone?
Edited by Opiate#1943 on 11/14/2013 9:28 AM PST
Reply Quote
View profile
I will try to run Diablo3.exe with the parameters and see what happens.

I never read anything about the game and I had no clue what to expect, still testing it out, but it reminds me of the battles of Heroes III if you have played it, just those battles were better/faster and 15 years ago :) I don't know yet, still lvl4 on my Mage and trying the game out, so far I get owned, as my cards are super weak compared to the opponents I play against.
Reply Quote
It works, I just tried it. I learned about it when I wanted to run 2 accounts on my 1 pc. The Launcher prevents that, but you can go around it.

I never got into any real card games, unless you include poker. But I'm really liking Blizzard's version. People will claim it is unbalanced, but I've been in for about a month and find it to be surprisingly balanced.

It plays much different, at different experience levels. Once you get into Masters, the play becomes very intense and all classes seem more balanced. Check out their forums for some good deck builds. Many of the best decks aren't really that expensive to make (i.e. don't need legendarys).

I have a pretty cheap Rogue deck that is amazingly powerful and really fun to play. I think the Mage becomes a 1 trick pony, reliant heavily on efficiently played AoEs and expensive spells to do their damage.
Reply Quote
View profile
Well, I'm lvl 8 mage now and I've lost 6 games in a row on the Play mode with Basic Decks, just because my opponents have skills I don't including Mages. We'll see how it goes for a few more games and when I figure out where I can play with decks I build.
Reply Quote
Now come back to D3 and play HC SF with me :)
Reply Quote
Something that Galx mentioned was to close the Battle.net Launcher once you have clicked 'Play' on Diablo III. When you see the Diablo Skull graphic come up, just quit the launcher and everything seems to work fine.
Reply Quote
View profile
I'm at lvl 32-33 now, but since I've completed the game on SF it doesn't appeal much to me, I have SF gear set still left, might just plvl my DH to 60 and use that gear :) I'll see, it will be fun to play together, it's been a while :)

@musemechanic

It's what I'm doing right now, it's good to be known by other people too :)
Reply Quote
I'll play my SF monk with you. I got really lucky in drops.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]