Diablo® III

Reaper of Souls DLC for Xbox 360/PS3

Blizzard announces the upcoming Reaper Of Souls for The New PS4, BUT DOES NOT include it for either PS3 NOR XBOX360--Does this mean we will be FORCED to buy the New Playstation 4, WHICH BTW IS NOT Backwards COMPATIBLE with any of the older versions of PS1,2 or 3??? That is BULL as far as I am concerned. And another thing is that Sony Playstation DOES NOT ALLOW people to use MORE THAN one profile to play at a time like the XBOX360 does--SO, In Conclusion, I will NEVER buy another Playstation EVER AGAIN. Another note is if Blizzard CLAIMS that the Console version of D3 is an EXTENSION of the PC, where with the PC version you DON'T have to buy a NEW PC to play the newest DLC, Then WHY make us BUY a NEW Game Console to play this latest version of D3???
Edited by raven229#1234 on 11/19/2013 10:14 AM PST
Reply Quote
11/19/2013 10:13 AMPosted by raven229
And another thing is that Sony Playstation DOES NOT ALLOW people to use MORE THAN one profile to play at a time like the XBOX360 does

Source please? That would defeat the purpose of one-screen coop.
Edited by hahahaha#1814 on 11/19/2013 10:31 AM PST
Reply Quote
My gf and I use our separate profiles together on my PS3 just fine. What are you talking about?
Edited by QntmMechanic#1245 on 11/19/2013 11:09 AM PST
Reply Quote
um I play lots of games co-op with friends and their profiles as well at mine at the same time just fine on my ps3. It depends on if the game supports it i guess but so far that i've seen every game i play has the option to do it.
Reply Quote
Chill man. This game isn't coming out anytime soon. The soonest release date they have given us is the last quarter of 2014... so a year from now. If you don't have a PS4 by then, get it on the PC until you do. Lots of things will change for you between then and now.
Reply Quote
11/19/2013 11:29 AMPosted by Ash
Chill man. This game isn't coming out anytime soon. The soonest release date they have given us is the last quarter of 2014... so a year from now. If you don't have a PS4 by then, get it on the PC until you do. Lots of things will change for you between then and now.

What? 4th quarter 2014? Where was that said? Gawd damn they over engineer everything, making decisions that fans didn't ask for or want (boa) and just taking too long to release.

I was thinking with a march 2014 close of the AH, loot 2.0 patch will have to be released then. Since that's a pre-patch for ROS, how can it be released at the end of 2014?
Reply Quote
I agree with that too
Reply Quote
I'm guessing March for PC and September for console.
Reply Quote
Blizzard announces the upcoming Reaper Of Souls for The New PS4, BUT DOES NOT include it for either PS3 NOR XBOX360--Does this mean we will be FORCED to buy the New Playstation 4, WHICH BTW IS NOT Backwards COMPATIBLE with any of the older versions of PS1,2 or 3??? That is BULL as far as I am concerned. And another thing is that Sony Playstation DOES NOT ALLOW people to use MORE THAN one profile to play at a time like the XBOX360 does--SO, In Conclusion, I will NEVER buy another Playstation EVER AGAIN. Another note is if Blizzard CLAIMS that the Console version of D3 is an EXTENSION of the PC, where with the PC version you DON'T have to buy a NEW PC to play the newest DLC, Then WHY make us BUY a NEW Game Console to play this latest version of D3???

After what I've heard I've lost all interest in the Reaper of Souls expansion anyway. I don't even care anymore if PS3 gets it or not. What pushed me over the edge was the whole thing about making Legendary items account bound in the expansion. That is just stupid. When I play same-screen co-op with my friends we like to keep things fair by taking turns to pick up Legendary items. If they make Legendary items account bound in RoS then that would kill off the same screen co-op because some players would be able to pick up too many Legendary items while others would not be able to pick up enough. This already happens with Demonic Essence in the main game. For example for every 7 Demonic Essences I am allowed to pick up my friend only gets 1. If this happens with Legendary items you can bet that both me and my friend will stop playing this game for good.

Also why can the Crusader, a character that is nowhere near as big or as buff as the Barbarian, hold 2-hand weapons in one hand?!? WTF BLIZZARD??? So far I am NOT impressed with the design choices in Reaper of Souls at all.
Reply Quote
And another thing is that Sony Playstation DOES NOT ALLOW people to use MORE THAN one profile to play at a time like the XBOX360 does--SO, In Conclusion, I will NEVER buy another Playstation EVER AGAIN.

You, are a big fat liar. Caps Lock makes you look childish and desperate for attention. PS3 do allow you to use more than one profile on same screen co-op.

P.S. I doubt anyone, including Sony, care if you buy a Playstation "EVER AGAIN!"
Reply Quote
Haha. So mutch fun desperate false accusations. Aka troll :)

If they make Legendary items account bound in RoS then that would kill off the same screen co-op because some players would be able to pick up too many Legendary items while others would not be able to pick up enough.

They said account bound, but tradeable to friends you play with up till 2hrs aften pickup. Both can pickup legendarys. And if you cant choose who gets that legendary within 2hrs, then sharing isnt for you :)

My theory with the release of RoS is that they announce ps4/pc now. Working to polish and give us the best product they can. Then they see how it goes and how meny buys the expansion. If its a success and after some emergancy patches, they start working on a ps3/X360 version, and announce it :)
Reply Quote
I'm fine with the ROS only coming out on PS4/Next gen. I'm picking up a PS4 around this holiday season anyway. The closing of the AH will coincide with the release of RoS imo. No more than 2-3 weeks before or after it closes, I'll be figuring out how to port my ps3 toons to my ps4.
Reply Quote
the thing to keep in mind about the PS4 version.. It will be another platform for D3, since PS4 and PS3 players won't be able to play in the same games, since PS4 will have increased densities, and functions the PS3 won't be able to handle, such as the 'gifting' feature (cause PS4 will have a new mail system), and the PS4 will be able to handle more graphics and be on par with the PC version.

With the inability of the PS4 and PS3 to be unable to play together, I kinda doubt they'll release RoS on PS3
Reply Quote
11/19/2013 11:51 PMPosted by MidwestChaos
I doubt anyone, including Sony, care if you buy a Playstation "EVER AGAIN!"

Oh, I beg to differ. Video games are a business at the end of the day no matter what anyone says. A consumer is a consumer to them no matter who the individual in question is.
Reply Quote
Unlike some of you i'm NOT okay with RoS only being PC/next gen. I've already paid full price for this f@#$ing game twice. My wife and I really enjoy playing together on PS3, but I will not buy it for full price again. Whoever made this decision is an !@#$%^-. It's a complete cash grab. And something I'd expect from EA or Activision…..oh right. Maybe if Blizz/Activi$ion offers a trade up program like some of the other publishers I'd consider it.
Edited by Dominion#1820 on 11/21/2013 12:33 PM PST
Reply Quote
View profile
I will not be thrilled about buying the RoS for PC because I prefer the console version of this game, but I'll just have to wait and see how much they charge for the PC version. If its more than $20.00 then I'm going to wait until I get a PS4. (Sometime next year).
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
for those of us who are very limited in income. I believe that the version for ps3 should be considered because not everyone can afford a ps4 ( myself included whom sits on a disability pension and was lucky to even get a ps3 thanks to a friend who sold me theirs privately) so if there are those of us who can't afford the ps4 blizz.. what about those of us who own ps3's already? I'd love to get a hold of ros.. but so far you've left me in the dark as to whether or not it'll be available for ps3. if it is then great. if not. then goddamit blizz. why not?? you'd have many others getting it too * points vehemently to self as counting one of many*. ( except the damn trolls who are never happy anyway) please Blizz and Sony . if you guys have any heart at all you'll consider those of us who can't afford the ps4 and make a run of the ros for ps3 for us please. not all of us are going to buy a ps4 within the next 2 years ( I KNOW I'm not. I'm HAPPY with my ps3 and would have to save up for a lot longer than just 2 years to be able to afford it)
Reply Quote
84 Troll Druid
If I may clarify u are both wrong and right . On ps3 u cannot play diablo with more than one "account" meaning a online ps3 account. But u can play on multiple profiles being on the same console or thumb drive ...big issue is u cannot get trophies,challenges ect if ur the unlucky one not signed in to PlayStation network
Reply Quote
As I have said before, Blizz has not said "It will only be on PS4."

Blizz likes to wait and make sure they can do something and do it well before they announce it. This saves them from catching flak if they say they re doing it and then later discover they can't make it work right.

Lots of things go into a game, PS4 will most likely have higher mob density, particle effects, graphics all that jazz. To tune it down to 360/PS3 hardware is not as easy as flipping a switch. (if you want to argue this, build a game yourself and see how hard it actually is)

In closing, just chill. All in good time my friends.
Reply Quote
wonder when this stupid exclusive announcement will end, we want some news blizz, please stop keeping us in the dark with console news :(
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]