Diablo® III

Reaper of Souls DLC for Xbox 360/PS3

the holidays are a busy time for everyone including Blizzard employees. a major announcement like that during the holidays isn't very practical from a marketing standpoint. they made their support for PS4 known before the holiday rush & they're most likely to stick it out until the holiday rush has died down at least by mid-January. If they make any major announcements prior to 15 January I would be extremely surprised.
Reply Quote
once again I will post this to enlighten people that don't actually research the info themselves

This is right from the Reaper of Souls wiki page.. read the last sentence. I'll even make it bold and underlined for you.

Diablo III: Reaper of Souls is an upcoming expansion pack for the action role-playing video game Diablo III. It was revealed at Gamescom 2013.[2] It is being developed for the PC and Mac versions of Diablo III, with a release date in 2014 for those platforms. Blizzard have stated the expansion will be ported to console versions of Diablo III.[3][4]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Diablo_III:_Reaper_of_Souls
Reply Quote
That page doesn't mention anything about a PS3/360 port. [3][4] links only mention PS4. Also if you look at the "View history" page you'll find this:

http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Diablo_III:_Reaper_of_Souls&diff=582504791&oldid=580910718

Again, we still don't know anything and you didn't really enlighten anyone. :(

ps: Wikipedia is not a reliable source for certain things and could be easily edited.
Edited by TozziFan#1943 on 12/17/2013 3:24 PM PST
Reply Quote
12/17/2013 03:20 PMPosted by TozziFan
That page doesn't mention anything about a PS3/360 port. [3][4] links only mention PS4. Also if you look at the "View history" page you'll find this:

http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Diablo_III:_Reaper_of_Souls&diff=582504791&oldid=580910718

Again, we still don't know anything and you didn't really enlighten anyone. :(

ps: Wikipedia is not a reliable source for certain things and could be easily edited.

So apparently the 360/ps3 aren't consoles then.. who knew.. and yes we know its gonna be on ps4 they mention its playable at blizzcon. amused that you say the wiki is not a reliable source while also posting a link to the wiki. O.o

also want to point out it says "console versions" plural.. so with no confirmed info on the xbox one release console versions must be referring to the ps3, 360, and ps4 then right.

Also seeing how as noone else has posted this link to my knowledge I would think it would come as quite an enlightening statement.

I'm also gonna state what I personally think is obvious but then again I don't work for a gaming company. Why make a game on a system and not release DLC such as Reaper of Souls. Obviously its more money they can make.. so one would believe it would be not a very smart professional move to not release it for the 360/ps3. Just saying I know some companies do some dumb stuff but I find it hard to believe they would be that ignorant to not make money on their game.
Edited by Scarecrow419#1829 on 12/17/2013 3:46 PM PST
Reply Quote
also found this.. not sure how reliable the information or the pages source of info but its something to read also

http://www.shacknews.com/article/80974/diablo-3-reaper-of-souls-in-development-for-consoles
Reply Quote
there was no specification on which consoles to which it would be ported. it's important to understand semantics if you're going to put words in peoples' mouths.

it said consoles, and the word consoles is plural. We already know it will be ported to PS4. Will it go only to PS4 & XBox One, but not on PS3 & XBox 360, or will it be ported to all 4? Unless you are a Blizzard employee I doubt you can make that call. Besides, the forums isn't the place Blizzard would make such an announcement so you are definitely not "on the inside."
Reply Quote
Additionally, let's look at the web link from the wikipedia article in question:

http://diablo.somepage.com/news/1638-reaper-of-souls-definitely-coming-to-console

Reaper of Souls on Console - The Reaper of Souls expansion will definitely be coming to the console versions of Diablo III.

Matthew Burger: "Obviously we wanna bring this expansion to console, we don’t exactly know how we’re going to do it yet (we haven’t announced that), and we’re going to treat the expansion in the same way we treated Diablo III when we moved it onto console, which means that we have to make sure that it is adapted to the console ecosystem in a way that is going to play the best way possible. So that's going to require some changes; some additions, some subtractions, just like we did with the original game, [but] it will definitely come to console."

From the first section it says "consoles" but that is just an intro to that quote, not a direct quote anyway. The author of the article put in the plural "consoles" whereas you will see in the quote by M. Burger there is a distinct lack of concrete plurality.

As I said, wait til 2014 for future announcements by Bizzard. If something new gets announced before 31 Dec '13 I would be extremely surprised.
Reply Quote
12/17/2013 03:37 PMPosted by Scarecrow419
amused that you say the wiki is not a reliable source while also posting a link to the wiki. O.o

Huh, not sure if serious. Read the top of the page.
Edited by TozziFan#1943 on 12/17/2013 4:02 PM PST
Reply Quote
Really hope there's an expansion for xbox 360. Or maybe even Xbox One where you can transfer your characters from 360 to One. Seriously I have 5 lvl 60's on hardcore and still paragon leveling like crazy, why would I start all over on the expansion? Makes no sense..

Not to mention that I originally played on PC and have 3 paragon 40ish characters on hardcore and then HAD to go to console because it's simply 10x better on it. Blizzard only cares about money.
Edited by AnoffeX#1217 on 12/17/2013 4:14 PM PST
Reply Quote
Here is a great article if it has not already been posted.

http://www.ausgamers.com/features/read/3348917

Suggested reading before starting rumors about RoS coming out on any particular console other than PS4.
Reply Quote
12/17/2013 03:53 PMPosted by samsaz81
there was no specification on which consoles to which it would be ported. it's important to understand semantics if you're going to put words in peoples' mouths.

it said consoles, and the word consoles is plural. We already know it will be ported to PS4. Will it go only to PS4 & XBox One, but not on PS3 & XBox 360, or will it be ported to all 4? Unless you are a Blizzard employee I doubt you can make that call. Besides, the forums isn't the place Blizzard would make such an announcement so you are definitely not "on the inside."

I'm not putting words in anyone's mouth. I'm stating what the links I've provided say and giving my opinion. From what I've read there still is no confirmation on the Xbox One getting the game yet. So with there being no confirmation on that then the plural of "consoles" would mean ps4 and either one or both the 360 and ps3 since they both already have the game. Of course this is all debatable with the reliability of the wiki. Also like I stated above I do not work for a gaming company and never suggested I was "on the inside" as you put it. I also never thought it would be announced on the forums.. it will be somewhere on their website when they decide to release more information though one would presume.
Reply Quote
In all honesty though i was posting my original link to give some information thats out there. Trying to keep it positive. Although I do enjoy a good debate I think I'm gonna step away from this one and just keep my eyes on the information. Still kinda worn down from the minecraft debates I've had. Besides instead of being on here I should be trying to get my other 4 classes to level 60. lol
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Does anybody know if I buy a ps4 will I be able to transfer everything over to it from my ps3?

It would really suck if I had to start all over again.
Reply Quote
Can we clarify things? It is very simple...

On March 25th 2014 RoS will be released on PC...then sometime after that the PS4 version will be released and yes they are aiming for PS4 players to be able to import your PS3 characters...they can't say for definite as they are still working on it but the devs say they want to.

The devs have also said in interviews that they "want" to bring RoS to current gens...it is definitley coming out on the PC/PS4 and after the PS4 they will then "take a look" at porting it back to current gens like the PS3/XBox 360.

At this moment in time they have not looked into doing that yet, they don't know how they will do it since there are many new features in RoS that requires more processing power...the PC/PS4 can handle that fine but naturally they are limited in what they can squeeze into the PS3/XBox 360.

That is the situation as it stands today...they can't announce it will be coming to current gens because they are still unsure if it can be ported across...the fact that they are still probably in early stages of the PS4 development of RoS (if they have even started it!) then current gens will not get "looked at" till Q2 or Q3 next year...
Reply Quote
The Shack News article Scarecrow419 posted above says consoles (plural), but if you read the actual interview they link to on AusGamers, Matthew Berger never once says consoles. He always says the singular "console" which is depressing, though I suppose he may be using the word to refer to all of them as a single group. Considering he only ever mentions the PS4 by name, as well as the fact only the PS4 console was announced at Blizzcon 2013 with no information given at all about the others, we need to be careful not to let wishful thinking, incorrect headlines, and potential Wikipedia errors cloud our judgment. For example [3] should link to the actual interview with Mathew Berger on AusGamers, not a potentially faulty interpretation of it on another completely unrelated website.

http://www.ausgamers.com/features/read/3348917

Given the history of Diablo 3 development for the PS3 and Xbox 360, where the former was announced before the latter, I'd wager the same thing may be happening again with the PS4 and Xbox One. Especially when you take into consideration what supposedly happened regarding the dev kits for each. I say supposedly because a couple of the sites that reported this link to an interview with Josh Mosqueira, Travis Day and Wyatt Cheng where nothing concrete was really said on the matter regarding Microsoft.

http://www.diablofans.com/news/47730-the-devs-on-the-past-and-future-of-diablo-full

It's a really good read by the way, but once again only the PC and PS4 are mentioned by name while nothing is specifically said about the other consoles. It seems as though I was at least partly correct in another thread about all of this too, regarding limited resources and devs potentially suffering from WoW-itis. At least one of the Diablo 3 developers has been working on WoW for 8 years and the Diablo team is indeed pretty small as well, about 20 or so people according to the interview.

It's also clear from the interview that they are focusing on just one port at a time, with PC development being first and foremost in terms of importance right now. This means I was also probably (depressingly) right that we won't hear anything official until after the PC/PS4 versions of RoS have been released. And even then, it will most likely involve the Xbox One and not the PS3/X360 at all for some time. Remember that it took Blizzard at least a year and a half to port Diablo 3 from the PC to two last-gen consoles and now there are two more consoles to develop for, neither of which being compatible with their previous counterparts from what I understand (which is very little admittedly).

To be perfectly honest, I really hope I'm wrong...
Reply Quote
console version is gunna get neglected, and yes we all have to buy reaper of souls just to play d3 again. d3, you've disappointed me, i want to play you, but i dont like that im gunna find the time to play you. greedy bastards.
Reply Quote
100 Orc Warrior
Console is pretty much new to blizzard. I have no idea why people are !@#$%ing about this. You pay $60 once and you can play for free on the ps3. Yes you don't get patches like the computer does. But blizzard made the console version because the demand was so high. Instead of being happy they did it. There's so many threads about blizzard being greedy, the graphics are bad, people can hack and dupe. Blizzard knew all of this and still made the game. They are restricted to what the 360 and ps3 can do. So what if you have to pay $60 for The expansion. Your not paying to play every month. You don't have to pay $10-$40 for a map pack that gives up to 10 maps and some armour or exclusive skin. Blizzard has mentioned that they want to make it so ps3 characters can be brought to the ps4. The ps3 doesn't have the option to load multiple accounts on one console. But it does allow you to load one account and a second can be loaded after that one. Because blizzard put it in the software. What that means is the ps3 has restricted blizzard that's not the games fault. To clarify you load account Z, start multiplayer then load account Y. Only account Z gets the achievements. Everything else is the same.
Reply Quote
Most console players don't have a problem with buying the expansion. I think what really bothers a lot of people is the fact that, insofar as consoles go, Blizzard only announced Reaper of Souls for the Playstation 4 and none of the others. RoS is going to add a lot of stuff that fans wish had been in the original, some which probably should have been. For instance, the simple straightforward ability to dye legendaries. Obvious things like that, and it probably worries some that the only way they'll get this stuff is if they not only buy the expansion, but a Playstation 4 as well.
Reply Quote
There's a lot of misinformation in your post. Let's curb our console bias for D3 discussions, please.
Reply Quote
12/27/2013 08:48 AMPosted by PawsforBear
There's a lot of misinformation in your post. Let's curb our console bias for D3 discussions, please.

A) To whom are you referring?

B) Can you clarify which bits are misinformation please?

C) Console bias? In the console forum? Say it ain't so! ;-)
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]