Diablo® III

Reaper of Souls DLC for Xbox 360/PS3

So why have they released it on 360 with the offline mode ? :) No they will do it (i cross my fingers and my toes)
Reply Quote
I am trying to figure out why Blizzard has not shared their thoughts on what's going on. To be quite honest with you I firmly believe that if Blizzard has not yet announced anything about the PS3 version but announced PS4 version I think we can all stop complaining because it will be highly unlikely that they will release the version.

They will take into consideration all things that people complain about and other things like customers on fixed incomes, however I firmly believe that we can kiss RoS good bye for the PS3, it's shameful on behalf of blizzard but this is not a Pay to Play game and for people who have been playing blizzard games they will not cater to people who do not want to pay a premium to play their games.

Also you can tell how much the blizzard Dev team cares about what us Console gamers think considering there is not one post in here that indicates that blizzard has opened a thread of even discussed the possibility of seeing the game on the PS3/360 Console. It's a shame, but this is the service they have been providing which is why their sales and subscriptions have been fading away :(
Edited by Zizic#1699 on 4/8/2014 3:25 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Game is coming out on XB1/PS4 and not on 360/PS3. Accept it and move on.
Reply Quote
The best way to get a product is to show a desire for it, The opposite will cause it to die. As for their silence they have already said everything you need to know.

1. They focus on projects one at a time, (in this situation console by console) they said this before we even knew the ps4 addition exists and if I remember correctly, before the 360 version of diablo 3 even came out..

2. they first announced the ps4 ver., waited, then announced they were going to do a xbox one version but said they haven't begun on it yet and that it wasn't a truly official announcement..

3. NDA's are Draconianly strict documents that stand for NON DISCLOSURE AGREEMENT. aka sign this document, good! Now if you dare say a word about this or about its contents without our express permission, we will happily sue you in to the ground and then some.

See, the thing you need to keep in mind is those documents aren't written by gamers, developers, or producers. They are written by lawers who don't know or want to know/understand jack !@#$ of how the industry works. The closest they can get is if they specialize in the law intellectual properties. So you will know nothing until the devs are allowed/safe to say otherwise.

It's unfortunate, this is something that can only be talked about in hindsight (after it has happened/has been officially denied to its fullest) so sit down, buckle up, keep showing your support for it and make them know you actually want it. ($$$$$)

04/08/2014 04:23 PMPosted by CHawk015
These are comments made by scum. The reason that is so is because while him believing what he does is fine, his attempt to throw this short sentence in your face in a thread dedicated to actually HAVING/hoping for the game out on 360/PS3 can only cause conflict and bring any bad blood to a higher boiling point.

You want to tell people its not coming out for ps3/360 and that people are foolish for asking? Fine. Make your own thread for that purpose, Do NOT drop your trash in a thread that isn't. Thus the right thing to do is click the thumbs down on CHawk015's post and choose trolling. IF he keeps doing things like this perhaps blizz mods can give him a spanking and he can learn a bit of common sense and decency.
Edited by Rykn#1529 on 4/9/2014 11:27 AM PDT
Reply Quote
CHawk015
View profile

If you say this, it is likely you have either an xbox1 or ps4... so play your game and shut up...

@TheReject : i agree with you

If there is no ROS on 360 nor ps4, i'll sell my game on this support and continue playing d3Ros on pc without my friends at my home, but all of us at their respective home (it was totally a great part of the fun of this game to play all in the same room and on the same screen, Live account or not...). We will find other games that can be played coop on a single screen without blizzard's help.
Money rules the world.
Edited by LoneWolf#2856 on 4/9/2014 12:48 AM PDT
Reply Quote
well, in RoS legendaries are account bound after 2 hours, that means you can trade with any party members you want within those 2 hours, i think they will include that in the possible console version too :3
Reply Quote
Yet another Blizzard fanboy huh hawk? let's get a few facts straight.WE don't need Blizzard,Blizzard need us.We're the ones who buy their games,play on their servers(when they work) and so on.If Blizzard don't give us ROS? fine,I can take it or leave it.Hell,I'll buy torchlight on live.But NOBODY dictates to me what I should do with my money,taxes et al not withstanding.I don't have to pay money for a game who's designers seem more fixated on how much money they can squeeze out of their customers rather than making good games.I'm sorry Blizzard,but that's the impression you're leaving at the moment
It's time to face facts.Diablo 3 is a mess,created by people who can do so much better-and we should know(we've played better) so what happened? Greed? a simple accident? or the Dev's deciding that they don't need to listen any more? I don't pretend to know.I do know that it SHOULD become available on the PS3/360-given some of the stuff we can handle? I don't see the problem and hopefully Blizzard will too
Reply Quote
04/11/2014 07:18 AMPosted by Shadowknight
Yet another Blizzard fanboy huh hawk? let's get a few facts straight.WE don't need Blizzard,Blizzard need us.We're the ones who buy their games,play on their servers(when they work) and so on.If Blizzard don't give us ROS? fine,I can take it or leave it.Hell,I'll buy torchlight on live.But NOBODY dictates to me what I should do with my money,taxes et al not withstanding.I don't have to pay money for a game who's designers seem more fixated on how much money they can squeeze out of their customers rather than making good games.I'm sorry Blizzard,but that's the impression you're leaving at the moment
It's time to face facts.Diablo 3 is a mess,created by people who can do so much better-and we should know(we've played better) so what happened? Greed? a simple accident? or the Dev's deciding that they don't need to listen any more? I don't pretend to know.I do know that it SHOULD become available on the PS3/360-given some of the stuff we can handle? I don't see the problem and hopefully Blizzard will too

but.. but.... i'm on your side. I swear It's been whack-a-mole the way I've been bashing the anti-ps3/360. I'm actually tired of that, and it may have shown in my writing, I'm just trying to promote a sensible buyers mind and future expectations. How about we send out an olive branch and hug it out in peace eh? ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Edited by Rykn#1529 on 6/23/2014 7:54 PM PDT
Reply Quote
5 Tauren Druid
Dude calm down
Reply Quote
firstly,sorry for posting twice.Second,my bad for found like a rabid fanboy (you know who you are Mr Hawk) appreciate the support.I have it on good authority from a friend of mine,a longtime D1 and D2 fan that we the 360/PS3 crowd COULD in fact support ROS.We might not get everything,but hey the base bonus act and class is enough for me.Another thing is,that he is also a programmer and in his professional opinion? it's harder to have no offline mode than it is to not have one-so why would Blizzard do that? yeah,we know the PS4 and XBox One can handle it-and? If we don't have/Can't afford/don't want one of them? why shouldn't we receive the same benefits as everyone else? we paid for the game didn't we? I DO like the game,just not the appalling like of support for us 'lesser' mortals that don't have a PC.
Reply Quote
This comes down to behind the scenes contract agreements, etc. between Sony and Blizzard. Sony is losing in the selling battle between the PS4 and XBOX 1 and they are trying to promote, persuade (whatever you want to call it) customers to purchase the PS4. This has nothing to do with Blizzard. PS3 is more than capable to run the expansion. I am waiting to see if Sony sticks to its guns on this and prevents Reaper of Souls to come out on PS3, if that is the case I will be buying the XBOX1 and leaving Sony PS after 15 yrs. For me it's not about price, it's about principle.
Edited by NinjaTurtle#1540 on 4/19/2014 11:30 AM PDT
Reply Quote
I still like my ps3, it has allof my content and s working us fine. hat ht to get reaper of souls, I have to get a whole new system, that seems ike a huge waste as my ps3 is fine, like I said. ge each o make the switch if I was going to expensive and don't eve get me started on the impact to the environment as everyone ha to throwaway pertly good electronic devices, yet again.
Reply Quote
04/19/2014 11:26 AMPosted by NinjaTurtle
This comes down to behind the scenes contract agreements, etc. between Sony and Blizzard. Sony is losing in the selling battle between the PS4 and XBOX 1 and they are trying to promote, persuade (whatever you want to call it) customers to purchase the PS4. This has nothing to do with Blizzard. PS3 is more than capable to run the expansion. I am waiting to see if Sony sticks to its guns on this and prevents Reaper of Souls to come out on PS3, if that is the case I will be buying the XBOX1 and leaving Sony PS after 15 yrs. For me it's not about price, it's about principle.

Actually, its the other way around, latest numbers show PS4 sales are over 7 million units to XB1s 3.8 million units. Microsoft as gone to the extent of dropping the price by $100 to try to catch up.
Reply Quote
Sony wins console but strangely sony isn't selling as many games as the xbox.... This new gen is so weird. The only thing that would have made me buy a new gen console currently was Persona 5 and its not coming out for PS4 so that made me laugh. ON THE OTHER HAND, MIcrosoft wants to get backwards compatibility into the Xbone, not sony's cloud "you have to buy the game again though" but actually use the discs. Microsoft has nothing to show yet but if they succeed I'll actually buy one. Because then its worth it. (also there are 5million xbox ones out there.)
Edited by Rykn#1529 on 4/19/2014 6:14 PM PDT
Reply Quote
So ps4 is new, ps3 is old. I am sure there are behind the scenes discussion between Sony and Blizzard along the lines of "Hey we want to push PS4 platform as hard as possible, we know the Diablo franchise is worth a ton of money, we would appreciate no mention of RoS (Neither confirm nor deny) on the PS3 platform, to help said PS4 sales. (They know quite a few people will upgrade to PS4 using the D3 RoS expansion as a deciding factor.) After we feel the Diablo franchise has pushed ps4 as far as possible, we will allow you to release any RoS information you desire concerning Ps3 platform."

D3 is the only game I play on console. I won't be upgrading to PS4, but I am pretty sure I am in the minority. It's ok, though, if they release it on PS3, they know I will throw my money at them. Till then I will enjoy the PC version.
Reply Quote
I'll throw this at this forum topic. The fact that Blizzard has given no information about the Ps3 or X360 may not make a lot of people happy. What makes you think that whining about it on a forum is going to make them want to give it to us. Orginally they didn't have to give us D3 at all. The console community got LUCKY in that light. I want ROS yes but I'm not going to whine like a little child because my only game developer I like isn't giving the console I own ROS. I really could give a !@#$ less about another ACT or even the new character. My focus right now is my gear and getting my other toons up to snuff. Enjoy the game for what it's worth. Don't sit here and BASH Blizzard because they haven't given you information on whether we are getting it. It's useless to bash them for the information. Let them do what they are going to do. This wasn't a CASH GRAB, because if it was then they wouldn't be giving you Hearthstone and Heroes of the Storm FTP on many levels. I say they were doing it to test the waters and check to see if the demographic was right to give Console a shot. It's not like you are there with them, and helping them test the product. Why not request a BETA for PS3 like they did PC. Let them see if it works and if it doesn't they can take out whatever they need to. Enjoy the game and quit pestering Blizzard.
Reply Quote
If your gonna do it do it right. Blizzard has made constant errors and if consumers don't call them out on it then they will keep doing it with a smile. If your not willing to give feedback and stand up for yourself then getting screwed regularly isn't something you can really complain about years down the line.

Know that they listen whether they tell you or not, its valuable data to use going forward. How they act on it is the question. Its also important to remember that they have different teams working on Hearthstone and HOTS, with little to no crossover. So yes, just because one team is nice doesn't mean the other won't !@#$ up.

Employ your power as a consumer, both sides benefit from it. (being blind or loyal can cause more damage than good. Moderation in all things.) ^_^
Edited by Rykn#1529 on 4/19/2014 11:11 PM PDT
Reply Quote
including moderation*grin* sorry,but you're right reject.We don't NEED Blizzard,they NEED us.Without people buying their games and so on they lose money-and frankly at the moment given the lack of console support I wouldn't shed a tear if they folded tomorrow.It's nothing personal,I've played Blizzard games in the past-I liked them,but loyalty goes both ways.You want loyalty? you give loyalty.As far as I'm concerned,I've got better games to play,Dishonored Fallout 3-Dragon Age..none of which force you to do something you don't want to.If you want my money Blizzard? Earn it,bring back the quality we know and love and less of the 'You're not online=you're not worth our time'
Reply Quote
The best way to get a product is to show a desire for it, The opposite will cause it to die. As for their silence they have already said everything you need to know.

04/08/2014 04:23 PMPosted by CHawk015
These are comments made by scum. The reason that is so is because while him believing what he does is fine, his attempt to throw this short sentence in your face in a thread dedicated to actually HAVING/hoping for the game out on 360/PS3 can only cause conflict and bring any bad blood to a higher boiling point.

You want to tell people its not coming out for ps3/360 and that people are foolish for asking? Fine. Make your own thread for that purpose, Do NOT drop your trash in a thread that isn't. Thus the right thing to do is click the thumbs down on CHawk015's post and choose trolling. IF he keeps doing things like this perhaps blizz mods can give him a spanking and he can learn a bit of common sense and decency.

RANT ON

Just because my opinion differs from yours and before I go any further, I do own a PS4 and XB1 already. But my opinion would be the same if I didn't own one.

There are technical limitations on 360/PS3 and compromises were made to even bring the game to PS3/360 in the process and I would imagine that the development costs were high. And even with those compromises, the game still chugs at points when in an online group. With the PS4/XB1, the architecture is much more PC like, which makes the development process much easier and cheaper, the development cost / potential return doesn't warrant the effort to bring it to PS3/360 IMO. That's why I say it's not coming to 360/PS3. What's the case for bringing it to PS3/360, the sales #s on console aren't high enough to warrant it. If it had sold 15 million copies, might be a different story but it didn't.

Scum, really ? Had to get personal didn't you ? There's nothing wrong with hoping for it, it's just that when you have over half the threads on the lead page asking the same damn question, it prompts a response like this from me and I'm sure I'm not the only one thinking it. You have a right to disagree with me of course, but to make it personal like that is out of line and you're the one that needs the decency and common sense lesson.

RANT OFF
Reply Quote
1 Night Elf Druid
Everyone sounds surprised . We all knew that 360 and PS3 would be thrown under the bus for the new content . Once I get my paragon level to 100 , that's it for me blizzard .
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]