Diablo® III

SC&HC GUIDE - Torment V and VI farming

12/21/2013 08:55 AMPosted by Fegmaniac
Clear all your expensive gear and keep something to be able to farm. In RoS all of the current gear will become obsolete.

I've been wondering about this - what about gold? What is worth keeping or stocking up for the expansion?

thanks,
Newb (sort of)

Ur still gonna need gold crafting and mystic I still suggest taking a decent amount of gold to coax with u. Better to have more than u need than not enough. as for gear this is tough u can downgrade if u have real good gear but ur still gonna want to have good enough gear to be able to farm the xpac at effiecntly right out of the gate.
Reply Quote
updated with:

http://youtu.be/YX29tgXzVdY - true power of 1H

optimized farming routes suggestions for act1 and act2
Reply Quote
updated with: worst music of all time. holy christ.

Also, he is using a doom hammer for half that video…just wanted to point that out.
Edited by ButteryNugs#1889 on 1/3/2014 12:50 PM PST
Reply Quote
updated with: worst music of all time. holy christ.

:P....hanno you need to update your playlist pal...get some Korn or Metallica in there
Edited by REAPER666#1553 on 1/3/2014 12:52 PM PST
Reply Quote
01/03/2014 12:47 PMPosted by ButteryNugs
Also, he is using a doom hammer for half that video…just wanted to point that out.

watch again :)

01/03/2014 12:51 PMPosted by REAPER666
P....hanno you need to update your playlist pal...get some Korn or Metallica in there

i agree, but its not my video, its done by Lastsoul. And unfortunately youtube will mute all the sound if i use metalica, which is why it is missing from the videos :(
Reply Quote
01/03/2014 01:08 PMPosted by hANNO
And unfortunately youtube will mute all the sound if i use metalica, which is why it is missing from the videos :(

ah I did not know that
Reply Quote
Posted by ButteryNugs

watch again :)

I did. I suppose the only time he uses CoB and 2H is for Ghom. I'd like to see some d3up or battle.net link, though. That 1H "no buff" Ghom, even though it showed SH buff had 609k dps before he had BBV popped. Which likely means he had CoL and Sac-PtP going.

Not that it matters to me, I suppose. The true strength was really portrayed in his VotA runs. I think the biggest downfall of the 1H+OH comes down to its vulnerability against RD packs.

Annnnyyyhoooo, nice video (minus that music!)
Reply Quote
01/03/2014 01:29 PMPosted by REAPER666
ah I did not know that

:( they are muting almost everything due to copyright license "infringememts"

01/03/2014 01:42 PMPosted by ButteryNugs
I think the biggest downfall of the 1H+OH comes down to its vulnerability against RD packs.

on high DPS skorn does not make a difference, and you can see that RD is absolutely not a problem for 1H, since u start DPSing during SW and kill them in <5-10 sec,m before they up the RD shield for a second time.

I'd like to see some d3up or battle.net link, though

I think he sold his gear or something, coz its not available on his profile, but you can see the other beast, timbo:
http://www.diabloprogress.com/hero/timbo1979-2831/witchy/25050258

his videos are also on the second post and i guess they have similar gear - like 400K DPS with SoJ (+3% tal + elite dmg from Mojo ....)

Annnnyyyhoooo, nice video (minus that music!)

it could always be worse:
http://youtu.be/iP6XpLQM2Cs

:D
Reply Quote
on high DPS skorn does not make a difference, and you can see that RD is absolutely not a problem for 1H, since u start DPSing during SW and kill them in <5-10 sec,m before they up the RD shield for a second time.

What do you consider high DPS for a Skorn user?
Reply Quote
imo 200k with 1 hand or 2hand is a good number to aim for mp10. id say high dps for a skorn user is 200k+ with soj. or like 250k without soj. i have seen some folks pushing 270-300k with a skorn
Reply Quote
01/03/2014 03:35 PMPosted by EvoIution
imo 200k with 1 hand or 2hand is a good number to aim for mp10. id say high dps for a skorn user is 200k+ with soj. or like 250k without soj. i have seen some folks pushing 270-300k with a skorn

that sounds familiar... [cough..cough..]

Here is one of my uber games using skorn WD.
It also demostrates the "sudden death" issue that hANNO concerned about. (in the game with SB uber, my SV proc'd, my WD keep calling "need help" but his HP was full)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pwBzgGRQi3Q

well, i survived.
Reply Quote
01/03/2014 03:32 PMPosted by ButteryNugs
What do you consider high DPS for a Skorn user?

as evolution said: starting from 200K with SoJ for both 2H and 1H ... The problem with Skorn is that you cant reach more than 300K with SoJ (often 250K tops), while 1H can go to 400K and even more + the hidden dmgs, making easily 6-8 mln solo crits and inflicting much more DMG than 2H, if you compare highest possible items ...

01/03/2014 04:15 PMPosted by Luffy
Here is one of my uber games using skorn WD.It also demostrates the "sudden death" issue that hANNO concerned about. (in the game with SB uber, my SV proc'd, my WD keep calling "need help" but his HP was full)http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pwBzgGRQi3Q

nice video :) This is exactly my point, here i guess u have JF+Dogs = 25% less dmg and no GF buff and less than half SH buff... imagine the same scenario vs 4 RD mobs when you are buffed like hell ... prolly on the 3rd sec you will oneshot yourself if you go for retarded tanking. I guess you crit for 7-9 mln easily, which is a crit that cannot be survived .... Of course if you use SW wisely u will survive. which is the same as with 1H :) This is the reason, why i say that on high DPS there is no difference in survivability between 1H and 2H for general farming ...
Reply Quote
I only ask because with my old gear i was 240k dps (Skorn, no SoJ) and only had trouble from RD packs if there was crap all over the ground. My "sudden deaths" were usually foreseeable, and rarely occurred. Now, when I ran a 240k 1H+OH with SoJ, I was getting one shotted on the second tick of bats (or the third bear would knock me out).

Horde RD packs i do remember having to actually "try" against, which was really just pulling them apart from each other while the first RD cast wore off. But i'd be lying if i said i didnt make myself a victim of full retard tanking every now and then.
Edited by ButteryNugs#1889 on 1/4/2014 3:06 PM PST
Reply Quote
01/04/2014 12:53 PMPosted by hANNO
I guess you crit for 7-9 mln easily, which is a crit that cannot be survived .... Of course if you use SW wisely u will survive. which is the same as with 1H :) This is the reason, why i say that on high DPS there is no difference in survivability between 1H and 2H for general farming ...

I wish 7-9mil crits were really that easy..lol...
you need to have skorn build with top dps, slam dance bbv, with soj, and/or some buffs from teammate (monk can do a pretty good job there). Also SB uber has the highest reflect damage... other RD elites are not that bad in general.

So that's why I said it's rare. RD problem are much much more common with 1h WDs (and it starts to happen even with lower dps). I use a skorn for my HC WD for that reason.
Reply Quote
only ask because with my old gear i was 240k dps (Skorn, no SoJ) and only had trouble from RD packs if there was crap all over the ground. My "sudden deaths" were usually foreseeable, and rarely occurred. Now, when I ran a 240k 1H+OH with SoJ, I was getting one shotted on the second tick of bats (or the third bear would knock me out).

without SoJ u deal much less raw-dmg ... fighting elites without SoJ is a waste of time :) Try with SoJ next time, its BiS! Then you can feel the problem, it appears when you crit too high, which is impossible without SoJ!

01/04/2014 03:33 PMPosted by Luffy
I wish 7-9mil crits were really that easy..lol...you need to have skorn build with top dps, slam dance bbv, with soj, and/or some buffs from teammate (monk can do a pretty good job there). Also SB uber has the highest reflect damage... other RD elites are not that bad in general.

i think with bbv. mc, soj, sh+gf you should be able to reach it, because with my sword i reach 5 mln and have seen some WDs can go to 7-8 mln in solo with 1H

Also SB uber has the highest reflect damage... other RD elites are not that bad in general.

isnt it the same as the normal RD elites? Please provide source

RD problem are much much more common with 1h WDs (and it starts to happen even with lower dps).

agree, Skorn is many times better for RD. 1H needs high DPS in order to compete

01/04/2014 03:05 PMPosted by ButteryNugs
(or the third bear would knock me out).

bears are spammable on RD with 1H+soj:
http://youtu.be/oSZsVAka3uQ

updated with:
Halls of agony runs:
http://youtu.be/8UFiiB--QLA

Some tips:
try to eliminate the distance when fighting dark berserkers and hulks
fighting hulk elites alone is not good, try to pull them in a group and spam on them during SW to avoid interruption
you need to reposition more often, otherwise dark berserkers can one shot or engage the group as close to the dark berserkers as possible
Crits can interrupt the hard hit from dark berserkers, if your SW is on CD, try to SH them
Reply Quote
01/05/2014 04:00 AMPosted by hANNO

updated with:
Halls of agony runs:
http://youtu.be/8UFiiB--QLA

1st video: 158K dps
Second, no Soj = more EHP

Just make a video with Ubers (beast) Lets see if you can spam that! :)

I know for a fact you can't because the reflect in the beast is greater than almost every Elite in the game... (When you make the video you will have your proof)

When doing Ubers I have 4100 Armor and 940 AR (@ 220 K dps, with Soj) and spamming bears is impossible with 3% lifesteal, but kiting works ;))

Edit: even tried with jungle fortitude, to no avail (works better though!)
Edited by Apsie1944#2958 on 1/5/2014 6:02 AM PST
Reply Quote
01/05/2014 05:59 AMPosted by Apsie1944
Just make a video with Ubers (beast) Lets see if you can spam that! :)

http://youtu.be/WlatryyG6UU

you can watch the compilations in the second post, to see that 1H is ok for Siege. In addition yesterday i carried two people over ubers without much troubles ... just replaced inna's with EHP pants

When doing Ubers I have 4100 Armor and 940 AR (@ 220 K dps, with Soj) and spamming bears is impossible with 3% lifesteal, but kiting works ;))

Its possible with higher armour and lower res - 4500 / 850 ... not to mention FA which immediately solves all of the above problems

Edit: even tried with jungle fortitude, to no avail (works better though!)

if you want this way, you need litany+dogs, JF by itself its useless and inferiour to SV in all aspects
Reply Quote
01/05/2014 04:00 AMPosted by hANNO

That guy's DPS is ~158k, mine was at 240k with SoJ (AS of 1.8, if I remember correct). I also ran Wailing Host (Zuni 4pc through Helm, Chest, Boots, Mojo) and a SoS with 6% vs elites…, so I was doing 40% vs. elites. I can assure you, bears can easily wipe you out against RD packs. Of course, I dont have any videos or the gear anymore :/

I do still have the gear in d3up, though: http://d3up.com/b/1263666
Probably could have used more EHP, but what fun is that?

Single RD targets werent a problem. Three of them was. I usually had to resort to choosing between skipping them or just sucking it up and dying a couple times.

That sac-bear build was !@#$, though. Loved it on par with 0 dogs, but CoB took over when I went for the lvl grind.
Edited by ButteryNugs#1889 on 1/5/2014 6:46 AM PST
Reply Quote
01/05/2014 06:13 AMPosted by hANNO
http://youtu.be/WlatryyG6UU

Sorry, I hardly call that spamming: waiting for FA on cooldown.....

Mind you, I'm also a "one hander" I find the skorn a slow and clumsy weapon, but you cannot deny that for reflect, with the right gear off course, it beats a (high damage) one hander....

Off course, this is all gonna change with ROS and no LS, people that are used to the big LS will get it rough....

And the high crits? Better put a big fat red rock in there ;))

01/05/2014 06:13 AMPosted by hANNO
just replaced inna's with EHP pants

I do the same ;)
Reply Quote
That guy's DPS is ~158k, mine was at 240k with SoJ (AS of 1.8, if I remember correct). I also ran Wailing Host (Zuni 4pc through Helm, Chest, Boots, Mojo) and a SoS with 6% vs elites…, so I was doing 40% vs. elites. I can assure you, bears can easily wipe you out against RD packs. Of course, I dont have any videos or the gear anymore :/

when using bears, high DPS is not affecting RD tanking, because when you have enough mitigation you cannot oneshot yourself due to low dmg multiplier: 236%, compared to 1000 in CoB!

In addition, dmg to elites is calculated like this, in your case:

1 - (1 - .30)(1 - .06)(1 - .04) = .368 = ~37%, which makes wailing/unity a worse choice then pox :P

01/05/2014 07:42 AMPosted by Apsie1944
Mind you, I'm also a "one hander" I find the skorn a slow and clumsy weapon, but you cannot deny that for reflect, with the right gear off course, it beats a (high damage) one hander....

it is better only for siegebraker .,.. high DMG 1H always beats skorn in every possible situation! Proven in the second post and in this thread countless times already ....

01/05/2014 07:42 AMPosted by Apsie1944
And the high crits? Better put a big fat red rock in there ;))

this is the worst option, because mobs have so much HP on MP10 that if you dont crit you barely scratch their HP and nerfing your DMG is not a good way ... Emerald is by a huge margin better in 98% of the cases (unless u have weak manajuma or very low critchance and high critdmg skorn)

I do still have the gear in d3up, though: http://d3up.com/b/1263666 Probably could have used more EHP, but what fun is that?

well you could have use slighly more allres :P Joking aside with bears it was different than cob, now i agree that EHP above 450K is a total waste of gold!
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]