Diablo® III

SC&HC GUIDE - Torment V and VI farming

@ SirPandelot

Thanks for the explanation, that makes sense. I am still trying to work out WD in general and my own WD play style in particular so it is great to get some knowledge from the high aps expert :).

@ Reaper

Here, here.
Reply Quote
@ SirPandelot

Thanks for the explanation, that makes sense. I am still trying to work out WD in general and my own WD play style in particular so it is great to get some knowledge from the high aps expert :).

@ Reaper

Here, here.

nice WD.
Reply Quote
Well...

- No. Inna's Pants? Are you kidding me? I don't really need extra movement speed as spirit walk + GI works very well if you kill fast enough already. So NO. Innas is not as important and that 24% movespeed is preferential.

- You seem to be stating stuff that "advanced" WDs already know but your guide seems a little misguided and could lead alot of players to...you know... keep on dying. 350k to 450k minimum EHP?????

- IMO, Sword or Axe??? What about Spears??? I honestly love spears...If I could get one for cheap that would be almost as good as my axe, i would opt for spears

- SOJ is good but I honestly just use it for elites. (Yes, there is still such a thing called switching)

- Yes, I do recommend Skorns for noobs too or people that have freshly got their WDs to 60

I honestly don't agree with some things that Paul says but his guide seems a lot more comprehensive and actually more "advanced". You should change the title IMO as this shouldn't be a guide and it seems more like you stating bias stuff about how your WD is just built....
Reply Quote
this is a common euro guide. It was well discussed when the Tals armor was discussed. Guide has some good info and well some not always so true information.

As for the EHP/RD thing for the original poster. Look at my shield build! I do not even notice RD at all with pretty good damage even when using a shield. As for your EHP numbers keep running VOTA - I know you will die with the EHP you are using xD. No pun intended yet its not hard to test yet you do bring up some discussion topics with Attack speed that I somewhat agree with for COB. Its not always bad yet you have to gear for it. On a side note: I always have been a SOJ fan and it is surely a BIS option.

Anyway I always like reading guides from all those that spend time making them. I may not agree with everything yet thats just it, we are not suppose to. We are suppose to read, test, push limits and hopefully add to things that work better then others so I had a nice read and TY, some of it was old from EU topics on the tals armor side yet it is a very viable option if you build for it.
Edited by Gotcha#1167 on 11/17/2013 6:33 PM PST
Reply Quote
You can outheal RD only when using 2H and have huge mitigation, like 4200 armour and 850+ allres. However its not consistent solution, because you need to use ruby
in the weapon and still when you are fully buffed, you run the risk of oneshotting! In my experience, when you start critting for more than 2-3 mln, then EHP
becomes useless and does not save from Reflects, especially when you hit all of them at once!

not true.
u dont need that much mitigation to tank RD w/ skorn. It sounds like 2h WDs should be very "stressful" when we facetank RDs....
in fact, RD is really a piece of cake for skorn WDs.
Edited by Luffy#1946 on 11/17/2013 6:44 PM PST
Reply Quote
In the situation where a lot of ranged, kitting mobs/elite, Inna pant is bad for WD.
Due to low EHP, 3 arrows or firebolts in MP10 can kill you when u are try to walk towards/pass/away while SW/SV in CD. Most ppl will prefer higher EHP because the simple rule, dead WD cannot DPS.

But if you are a player who are skillful, prefer more challenges & paying 200%attention in games! you can try low EHP (with Inna pant) build. Take the 350k EHP CoB WD and walk 1 round at Mp10 Act 3 "Field of Slaughter" you will know how fun is it, :)
Reply Quote
DELETE LOL LOL LOL

*N1K0*
Edited by N1K0#1135 on 11/23/2013 8:14 PM PST
Reply Quote
deleted
Edited by REAPER666#1553 on 11/18/2013 7:42 AM PST
Reply Quote
Hey REAPER,

Curious, you looking to sell the 2 1H's or on your "Last One"? Or, maybe the Inna chesty on 7?

I was looking to complete the gearing of my "Juggalo". If you are looking to help out or sell the stuff hit me up ingame. Usually on in the early am (US Central) between 7 and 11 am.

the weapons ill keep for now, i forgot I had that chest on last one

your welcome to it bud
Reply Quote
You can outheal RD only when using 2H and have huge mitigation, like 4200 armour and 850+ allres. However its not consistent solution, because you need to use ruby
in the weapon and still when you are fully buffed, you run the risk of oneshotting! In my experience, when you start critting for more than 2-3 mln, then EHP
becomes useless and does not save from Reflects, especially when you hit all of them at once!

not true.
u dont need that much mitigation to tank RD w/ skorn. It sounds like 2h WDs should be very "stressful" when we facetank RDs....

Luffy:
850 Physical resists and 4000 armor is 88.14% Mitigation. 88% Mitigation == 6% LS. (94% == 3% LS)
So his numbers are pretty much spot on, but imo I wouldn't call that 'huge' migitation ;p.

4200 armor and 850 physical resists is 88.5% mitigation, fyi.

@N1KO: I don't think Skorns are for only for newbs. The only reason I don't use my Skorn is because I'm bored.

Anyways my buddy Jride and his awesome Skorn build:
http://d3up.com/b/926238/tutanajisi
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Jride-1856/hero/8945572
Edited by MCP#1477 on 11/17/2013 7:26 PM PST
Reply Quote
11/17/2013 06:28 PMPosted by Gotcha
Anyway I always like reading guides from all those that spend time making them. I may not agree with everything yet thats just it, we are not suppose to. We are suppose to read, test, push limits and hopefully add to things that work better then others so I had a nice read and TY, some of it was old from EU topics on the tals armor side yet it is a very viable option if you build for it.

I couldn't agree more.
Reply Quote
@ Reaper

I meant I totally agreed with your post mate :)

@ Liquid

Thank you sir
Reply Quote
A WD thread on the main page??
Reply Quote
View profile
I've seen builds like this one before. Personally I like buffing up.

One of the EU players wasn't even using LS on one of his CoB builds and he was pulling it off in MP10. So it's best not to say something can't be done until you try it.

They think differently and almost all of them use SoJs for one and two handers.

Personally I don't get the Tal Chest, SoJ, Inna Pants thing, but some seem to like it.

I think most newer players should leave these items alone until they understand how they work together.
Reply Quote

not true.

Luffy:
850 Physical resists and 4000 armor is 88.14% Mitigation. 88% Mitigation == 6% LS. (94% == 3% LS)
So his numbers are pretty much spot on, but imo I wouldn't call that 'huge' migitation ;p.

4200 armor and 850 physical resists is 88.5% mitigation, fyi.

@N1KO: I don't think Skorns are for only for newbs. The only reason I don't use my Skorn is because I'm bored.

Anyways my buddy Jride and his awesome Skorn build:

Spot on?!
sigh...
yeah, i know..numbers don't lie... so 88% is the passing number?

let's bring up a noob build like this on the website:
http://d3up.com/b/871483/vita#skills
For farming,
activate life-link dog and Soul Harvest, (click on the checkboxes on the website)
Total mitigation = 88.43%

For uber, JF is used. (dont even need to click on SH or LL dogs)
Miti. = 88.47%.

Afterall, this is a Skorn build with >300k dps unbuff.
all mitigation is lower than what he claimed.

You can always add more mitigation.... you are just going to lower dps more or less.

11/17/2013 07:23 PMPosted by MCP
The only reason I don't use my Skorn is because I'm bored.

yep, it's boring... it's really too easy to play...
Edited by Luffy#1946 on 11/17/2013 10:52 PM PST
Reply Quote
11/17/2013 08:45 PMPosted by Luffy
yeah, i know..numbers don't lie... so 88% is the passing number?

+1 Luffy.
88% is the number from Wiz boards, and they rarely use lifesteal.
For WD CoB, the mitigation requirement for Skorn is much lower, that's why mid-tier gear can also clear all content in MP10, which makes Skorn the cheapest path to complete the game at MP10. The methods used by 1Handers to deal with RD can also be used by Skorn users, and that makes Skorn that much easier to complete the game.

@hANNO, good effort, although in Act 4 you tell advanced players not to use CoB, and you call this a CoB guide. That may put off a lot of experienced players. Other than that, all valid points. This guide shows your preference for speed farming, instead of boss fighting or Act 4. Cheers!
Reply Quote
Hey guys Could you please check my wd gears and give me some advice? Thanks
Edited by IMDDK#6289 on 11/17/2013 9:38 PM PST
Reply Quote
11/17/2013 07:55 PMPosted by quesadilla
A WD thread on the main page??

lol
Reply Quote
12 MS + more tanky or 24 MS + less tanky = personal preference

I like my MCK set so I don't need to use SoJ. Also, using a rare ring get you a better ranking somehow,
http://www.diabloprogress.com/hero/caiqian-1669/caiqian/5161099
Edited by caiqian#1669 on 11/17/2013 11:36 PM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]