Diablo® III

What games do Blizzard employees play?

Just curious! Do they mostly play their own games, or do they devote their main gametime to rival companies? Haha, it's all fun and games anyway so I doubt Blizzard really views any other company as rivals - except maybe the marketing guy, haha!

And while we're at it, what games do you guys find yourselves playing lately?

Me:
-Hearthstone (very fun)
-GTA5 (amazing)
-LoL (really excited about Heroes of the Storm)
-The Logical Journey of the Zoombinis (hahaha just found it in my old stash, had to break out the OLD computer).

really excited for RoS. That will be my main goto game, I'm sure of it. Pre-expansion patch I'm in.
Reply Quote
WoW, Journey, and Uncharted. Think that's it.
Reply Quote
View profile
I would say Mindcraft, And they seem to be pretty good at it too..
Reply Quote
Blizzard employees obviously don't play Diablo 3.
Reply Quote
I'd expect Blizz employees to play all the games that are out there. First because they're people and like different things just like you and me. Second, it's good business practice to witness or experience the competition.

Personally I've been playing D3 lately, trying to help level a friend and gear up my Wiz. I also play GW2, Civ V, Borderlands 2, Terraria, and Sins of a Solar Empire to name a few.
Reply Quote
While working on D3 they got inspired dungeon siege 2 I believe ( and probably various other games) Just look at the treasure goblin and the fire bomb skill that looks just like the plasma globes in DS2.

Note that I said inspired and not knock off.
Reply Quote
If you think blizz employees play games outside their working hours, you are mistaken.
Reply Quote
View profile
this thread is full of....LULZ
Reply Quote
Obviously not Diablo or they'd understand why the community doesn't like what they have done to Our game. It might have the Blizzard logo on it but since we have to play it it's our game. not thiers! =P
Reply Quote
I read somewhere that Jay Wilson played PoE. It might have been hogwash, dunno.

Recently replayed through DS 1&2 and was thinking about doing the same with Divine/Beyond Divinity for some more nostalgic goodness
Reply Quote
11/15/2013 08:02 PMPosted by Prætorius
If you think blizz employees play games outside their working hours, you are mistaken.

Blizzard employees are definitely gamers.

It's fun to know what other games everyone else is into too. It's cool that even though some people like FPS and others like sports games, we all come together and enjoy blizzard games :)
Reply Quote
Plants vs. Zombies 2 perhaps!?
Reply Quote
I've read that many developers will try and experience tons of different games when getting into the profession. The idea is to try all sorts of different games in different genres to study game design and understand what works and what doesn't. You intentionally play good games and bad ones.

People joke about CoD or casual games like Plants vs Zombies but it's good to understand what makes these games successful at their core. It's just as important to see why CoD is popular but another copycat FPS military shooter with similar mechanics is not.
Reply Quote
11/16/2013 02:41 AMPosted by Godric

Blizzard employees are definitely gamers.

It's fun to know what other games everyone else is into too. It's cool that even though some people like FPS and others like sports games, we all come together and enjoy blizzard games :)

I see you didn't notice the sarcasm in my statement.
Reply Quote
Mile High Club: Blonde Ambition
Eat 10 Pounds of Steak and Your Party Eats Free.
Irish Car Bomb Response Team
Sake Bomb Response Team
Eat 1 Pound of Fugu and Your Party Eats Free.
Which Origami Benjamin Will She Pick Up Off the Runway First.

and Golf.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]