Diablo® III

What is THE PERFECT Setup for XP Farming?!?

I don't think NATs 2 piece is ever going to be worth it tbh

it's extremely difficult to maintain the higher BP, your pretty much gimped for EHP unless you sacrifice damage rolls in other slots

I haven't done the math, but even if we're critting an extra 7%, it should nowhere near makeup the raw damage/EHP loss overall

@silverfire

That barb you just linked made my eyes bleed T_T

That barb is zapro's, aka imthereal3377 (apparently)

It's not at all my cup of tea but for the sole purpose of extracting efficient FoM runs, it's probably about as good as you can get.

I think his reasoning for nat's set is sound. My concern with nat's set is not ehp, dps or bp's. At that gear level my only concern would be whether putting a leoric's signet and/or hellfire in place of the reflection would be optimal. But zylog and Chaz have gotten around that by using a nat's sight in certain scenarios.

zapro's theory behind his gearing revolves around reliability over peak damage. That's also why he fundamentally dislikes brawler so much. He's already stated he doesn't feel like its worthwhile for him to increase his rend damage.

Nat's set is a good fit because it ensures nearly every rend is a crit. At that level of damage, it's likely more important to have as many rends crit as possible, over marginally increasing the damage per crit. That's why you can't look at the raw numbers alone, because at a point, there's no need to increase the rend damage if its already sufficient to kill everything in one pass.
Reply Quote
Mmmm, if bloodbath is unable to crit
and bloodbath is more optimal than the extra radius of ravage
it would be absolutely 100% that a ruby will outperform emerald.

The Bloodbath on kill bleeds follow the exact same mechanics as the main Rend, which means the smaller ones don´t stack (newer bleed overwrites an earlier) and can crit.
Reply Quote
@silverfire

what i'm trying to accomplish isn't trying to be "reliable over peak damage" nor am I trying to build a setup that is "optimal" in certain situations but not in others.

I'm trying to find the setup that will just faceroll and get Masss XP without breaking a sweat

@nubtro

Bloodbath is definitely out then
Reply Quote
I'm trying to find the setup that will just faceroll and get Masss XP without breaking a sweat
@nubtro
Bloodbath is definitely out then

By out you mean not viable? Hope you didn´t misunderstand but main Rend bleed + Bloodbath small bleed stack together on the same target and both may crit. Bloodbath is a really good rune with high-end gear in act 1 which has been proven in the past.

As for getting mass XP without breaking a sweat, don´t worry, you will. Just find a couple of Barbs and a WD to run with you. The party exp gain is just sick. You´ll want ITF over Charge! though.

Note that I just got my 5th Barb to paragon 100 two hours ago, 6th p100 character total. I just wish I could level my Wiz, DH and Monk in a party like that but all the (positively) crazy EU exp farmers I got to play with recently are used to WD+3Barb setup heh.
Reply Quote
@nubtros

ok I did misunderstand, I thought you put that it overwrites and doesn't stack ?

because you said the new rends overwrite and don't stack in your previous post, as in that a bloodbath rend can overwrite and normal rend.

if they stack then bloodbath is def viable obv lol

as for the group thing etc, I'm more trying to figure out for SOLO.

group xp will be dependent on your group's speed, so not really concerning myself with that seems like it's been established that 3 barbs + wd is the way to go?
Reply Quote
11/19/2013 02:08 PMPosted by silverfire
The breakpoint is at 1.81818.. APS, and you need 57% IAS to reach it.

I thought the break point was 54%, with 67% being the next? Also, this is a little off topic but could someone tell me whether rend - bloodbath is superior to rend - lacerate for someone farming crypts/fields with below average gears like mine?
Reply Quote

THis is a stupid question but what if the following situation occurs:
- MP10 FOM mob HP is 5mil
- Rend total dmg (crit) = 2.5m
- tDPS (WW/RLTW) = 1m

Does that mean I need to circle mobs with WW at least 1-2times to result in a total of 5mil dmg?

Or asked in another way....what is the total rend dmg, tDPS (WW/RLTW), and crit chance required to do MP10 A1 efficiently (i.e. run thru mobs with rend/WW once)?

That's not a stupid question at all because this is what the build is all about.

You are dealing 100% of Rend damage and a percentage of your tdps in 1 run-through. On top of that, you get Overpower damage and procs from Bloodbath.

The damage contribution of ww/tornado depends on mob type and how it behaves. On the goats from Fields of Misery, in 1 run through I usually get ~50% of my tdps. Savage beasts have a bigger hitbox so the percentage will be higher, ~80% of tdps.

For example, last time I tested a 4.2m Lacerate rend with 3m tdps, savage beasts got damaged for ~6.5m hp in 1 run-through.

Hihi Zapro - glad my question is not so stupid :)

I think I get what you mean now regarding where all the damage is coming from, and didn't realise how good bloodbath was after reading the past posts. Basically it sounds like a double stackable rend?

So for gearing, should I basically just follow the OP gearing suggestion then?
Reply Quote
@nubtros
ok I did misunderstand, I thought you put that it overwrites and doesn't stack?
because you said the new rends overwrite and don't stack in your previous post, as in that a bloodbath rend can overwrite and normal rend.
if they stack then bloodbath is def viable obv lol
as for the group thing etc, I'm more trying to figure out for SOLO.
group xp will be dependent on your group's speed, so not really concerning myself with that seems like it's been established that 3 barbs + wd is the way to go?

1. Main bleed (700%) and mini bleed (100%) are separate and they do stack on the same target. Main Bleed and another main Bleed (you use Rend again) do not stack, the new one overwrites the previous. The same applies to mini bleed.

Say one target stands in tornado range and one doesn´t so the first dies sooner and triggers the mini bleed on target 3 (let´s say t1 and t2 were crit by main bleed and t3 wasn´t) and 2 seconds later t2 dies and triggers a new mini bleed on t3, which will overwrite the original t1 mini bleed.

But yeah Bloodbath is viable, all Rend runes are in certain scenarios. Blood Lust if you need sustain, Lacerate for elites, Mutilate is underrated because we run cold SoJs but the slow is amazing and Ravage/Bloodbath are widely used for trash farming depending on area and gear setup/personal preference.

That being said, I still use Lacerate because it kills packs faster and I think I´m pretty good at positioning my Rend to hit many monsters. Plus my base Rend isn´t as strong as I want it to be and I also want my damage to be useful for the group (many people from Det0x´s friend list are almost gear clones of his) and then there´s the thing with me wanting to make sure stuff actually dies and with 29% more damage it occurs faster. I do Rend-run but I also pick up items, so that´s that.

2. The sooner you start to learn the pathing and testing out runes the faster you´ll maximize your exp gain.

As for group setup, basically WD is the main elite killer and Slam Dance is the best boost for a WW/Rend Barb. After the stacks, WD utilizes the most broken gathering skill Pestilence and runs ahead of the 3 Barbs who do their usual Rend-running. This is very, very effective in act 1 but not as much in act 2 but still doable.

Det0x´s p100 in 31 hours thread with video
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/10039054064

Also unless the people you run with are really bad and not know what they´re doing, you´ll always gain more exp playing in a group than solo.
11/20/2013 06:48 PMPosted by Adeimantus
The breakpoint is at 1.81818.. APS, and you need 57% IAS to reach it.

I thought the break point was 54%, with 67% being the next? Also, this is a little off topic but could someone tell me whether rend - bloodbath is superior to rend - lacerate for someone farming crypts/fields with below average gears like mine?

You´re right, both 1.54 aps (>20/13) and 1.67 aps (>20/12) are WW/RLTW breakpoints but 1.81818 is a higher one, the highest achievable for a Skorn user is 2.01 though (>20/10).
WW/RLTW mechanics (breakpoints)
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/6037344497
WW/RLTW breakpoints for skorn in particular
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/8796661563#3
17 ticks is the >1.66666 breakpoint
18 ticks is the >1.81818 breakpoint
20 ticks is the >2.00000 breakpoint

The majority of people run at least 1.67 aps because at lower aps values it can be difficult to keep up WotB.
Reply Quote
did a few runs so far, I think lacerate is def the way to go (I've been doing A2 Runs)

It kill the elites much faster in VOTA

and the mechanics of brawler pretty mcuh go hand in hand with the range of lacerate.

So it's nice synergy between the two skills.
Reply Quote
You´re right, both 1.54 aps (>20/13) and 1.67 aps (>20/12) are WW/RLTW breakpoints but 1.81818 is a higher one, the highest achievable for a Skorn user is 2.01 though (>20/10).
WW/RLTW mechanics (breakpoints)
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/6037344497
WW/RLTW breakpoints for skorn in particular
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/8796661563#3
17 ticks is the >1.66666 breakpoint
18 ticks is the >1.81818 breakpoint
20 ticks is the >2.00000 breakpoint

The majority of people run at least 1.67 aps because at lower aps values it can be difficult to keep up WotB.

2.23 is also achievable :P
Reply Quote
Hey guys,

Very informative thread.

I just started XP farming in MP10 and am learning the which Skills and gear to use for which situation.

Gear wise I'm holding my own but am still tweaking some and also learning the paths to take so this is a very helpful discussion.
Reply Quote
After reading this thread one more time, one thing is pretty obvious..

Zapro aka imthereal3377 is talking about how to maximize your gear-setup and build for the 1 hour fields trash farm challenge. (even without valor stacks)

While iam actually talking about what build that would maximize your xp/hour income. (what this thread is about)

Basically you have two optimized options to achieve this goal. (paragon farming)

1: Solo barb farming the act2 route
2: Group-play with 3x ww/rend barbs +1 puller WD farming act1

In non of these options should "bloodbath" ever be considered.. As its useless in group play, and in act2 you want "ravage" instead.

The only time you could consider anything else then "ravage" is when your rend damage is lacking -> ~3.5mil damage for a crit rend.

What of these two routes you choose to optimize for is up to you mannercookie, but i would recommend doing the act1 run, if you have decently geared wd's and barbs on your friendlist..

As given by its popularity-, its the easiest route to run, less gear demanding, and will net you the highest xp/hour numbers, if done right in group. (can also be pre-prepped)

Not to mention what run is more "fun"... I guess nubtro can attest to this :)

On a realated note, i can say that i sat a new personal best record yesterday, netting me 540mil xp per hour on a single non pre-prepped run. (although all players had pretty much BIS in all slots)

http://i.imgur.com/qvGiHAa.jpg

Further when "Zapro" says anything over 3.5mil rend crits is overkill, it only show: He is talking about solo fields trash farming, with no regards to actually farming xp

Please let me explain why, before i start to get hatemails.. Assuming you don't multibox the 3 barbs

Fields of Misery
mnster <-> base exp <-> MP10 health
savage beast <-> 9000 <-> 10.12-12.55
plague nest <-> 6750 <-> 7.70-9.85
wood wraith <-> 5625 <-> 8.44-9.54
moon clan warrior <-> 4500 <-> 3.23-5.65
plague carrier <-> 3375 <-> 1.17-1.98
moon clan impaler <-> 2700 <-> 1.84-2.14
burrowing leaper <-> 2250 <-> 2.31-3.69

This is solo health points, lets see how they look in a 4 player game:

savage beast -> 25.3 - 31.4 mil health-points
plague nest -> 19.3 - 24.6 mil health-points
wood wraith -> 21.1 - 23.9 mil health-points
moon clan warrior -> 8.1 - 14.1 mil health-points
plague carrier -> 2.9 - 4.9 mil health-points
moon clan impaler -> 4.6 - 5.4 mil health-points
burrowing leaper -> 5.8 - 9.2 mil health-points

Elite packs -> you get my drift..

Like i said a few lines above, you decide who you want to listen to.. In the meantime iam getting ready to powerlevel my 9th barb..
Edited by Det0x#2856 on 11/21/2013 1:42 PM PST
Reply Quote
11/21/2013 12:59 AMPosted by Nubtro

Thanks. At 54% I have a very difficult time keeping up wotb on single targets. I'll have to look at scrounging up some more aps I guess..
Reply Quote
11/21/2013 01:22 PMPosted by Det0x
if you have decently geared wd's and barbs on your friendlist..

Who the heck would want to play with this noob?

For funzies I charted up my idea of a perfect XP barb on d3rawr.

http://www.d3rawr.com/d-Hk6N8

It hits 4.48 tDPS and 6.75m rend crits...with a leoric's, and at 1.85 aps...lol...though zapro would attest that that's inflated because it's with brawler. Though with bt and a double str skorn it'll be pretty close.

I assumed perfect crafted gear in every slot. That means archon chest wins over everything else. If it's not available the order would be something like tals > tyrael's > ik with tal's and tyrael's flipped for A2.

Legacy zunimassa boots are pretty much decisively BIS. They'll beat the best IC's even for rend damage and then come with the attack speed allowing you to get more str elsewhere while hitting your breakpoints.

At this gear level there a leoric's signet would almost definitely outstrip anything else you could put in that slot for xp/min, even a nat's. Though a perfect rare ring beats it by over 100k in unbuffed deeps. Other ring is a perfect hellfire.

The funny thing is I didn't compromise on strength absolutely anywhere (except arguably the hellfire to make it a perfect quad) and still wound up with 1477 vitality and 500 AR. Maybe for Nubtro's sake I could purposefully remove the vit, life % and AR from the chest to make him feel more at home. Can't do much about the mempo or depth diggers.

Edit:

Here's what it looks like at 2 aps with the chest switched for tal's and the pants switched for inna's.

http://www.d3rawr.com/d-2Um8N

tdps down to 4.45m (not much)
rend down to "only" 6m. About a 12% drop.
EHP down massively. (Though I know you guys wouldn't care)

1.82 is where its at.

I don't see any reason to drop to 1.67 if you were to have absolutely flawless gear at your disposal. Of course, there very well might be good reason to do 1.67 or 2.00 in the real world.
Edited by silverfire#1855 on 11/21/2013 2:21 PM PST
Reply Quote

2.23 is also achievable :P

I like how you stalk me but you got me there.
helm9+amu9+gloves9+bracers9+pants9+ring9+ring9+belt9+boots6+chest9+ToC= *2.12 is possible. Only need a 1.05 Skorn with that or *2.01 with a 1.11 aps one or 1.08 aps one with Enchantress´s +0.03 aps bonus. Always forgetting those IAS Skorns pffft.
11/21/2013 02:06 PMPosted by silverfire
Maybe for Nubtro's sake I could purposefully remove the vit, life % and AR from the chest to make him feel more at home. Can't do much about the mempo or depth diggers.

Enchant them away man! Oh wait, wrong game version...
Btw. that was a solid one.

Like i said a few lines above, you decide who you want to listen to.. In the meantime iam getting ready to powerlevel my 9th barb..

Joining in on the party with my 6th Barbie after losing my hardcore Barb called McLane at level 57 to a Waller Phasebeast champ pack + Succubi combo in Act 3 Hell (lol epic fail) and I was like OK now at least I don´t have to decide which character I delete to continue paragon leveling at the Det0x-party-people rate...
Reply Quote
I assume for the Tyraels route you would pick Str/Vit over Str/3os?
Reply Quote
11/21/2013 03:07 PMPosted by xxxkan
I assume for the Tyraels route you would pick Str/Vit over Str/3os?

No, definitely not. You don't stack EHP stats anywhere where it would compromise deeps for an optimized setup. That's why tal's is better than IK for minmaxing (though I'd never use one myself) If all you're doing is the FoM challenge it doesn't matter if you have 35k hp or 75k hp.
Edited by silverfire#1855 on 11/21/2013 3:28 PM PST
Reply Quote
@ detox

Thank you for showing your very poor understanding of the game.

Solo I am dealing 100% of mob HP.
4x barb party -> 62.5% of mob HP
3x barb party + WD -> 83.3% of mob HP

As a fun fact: I seem to have double your kills with less playtime.
As another fun fact: If my main barb kills would have counted to paragon xp, I would have had "P1000" about 4 months ago.
Edited by zapro#2758 on 11/21/2013 3:53 PM PST
Reply Quote
@ zapro

Now iam just starting to think you are only trying to troll this thread..

Solo I am dealing 100% of mob HP.
4x barb party -> 62.5% of mob HP
3x barb party + WD -> 83.3% of mob HP

How did you fail to understand this ?

->"Assuming you don't multibox the 3 barbs" <-

As a fun fact: I seem to have double your kills with less playtime.
As another fun fact: If my main barb kills would have counted to paragon xp, I would have had "P1000" about 4 months ago.

Yes thats a really valid argument for what ?

"If my main barb kills would have counted to paragon xp i would had 10x paragon 1000 back in 2012"

I can see why other barbs are telling ppl just to ignore your posts..

Have fun soloing fields of misery without stacks, iam out..
Edited by Det0x#2856 on 11/21/2013 9:47 PM PST
Reply Quote
1.83 is def the breakpoint I prefer so far,

Haven't done many runs, hard to play this game lol

I feel like lacerate is better solo, but haven't ran many ravage

Also don't like leoric, it's just not worth the DPS loss, at least for me cuz my HF is absolute trash.
Edited by MannerCookie#1362 on 11/22/2013 12:38 AM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]