Diablo® III

Vita Shoulder rolls are killing me.

I rolled about 250-300 before I got mine, pretty satisfied with them even though it's definitely possible to get better.
Reply Quote
11/18/2013 05:23 PMPosted by Bloodyzbub
My "Bloodyzbub" barb is wearing the 2nd best shoulders whereas "Hozerker" has the best pair I've rolled....I can't complain.

The ones on Bloodyzbub are really similar to mine. That pair on Hozerker are sweet though. Nice.
Edited by Takkonen#1756 on 11/18/2013 9:46 PM PST
Reply Quote
Inspired by this post I decided to try my hand at crafting some shoulders.

12 million gold later and I ended up with these...

Victory Ire (Rare Shoulders)
353 Armor
+247 Strength
+299 Vitality
+39 Cold Resistance
+62 Resistance to All Elements
Melee attackers take 1520 damage per hit
Reply Quote
Nice job, Kurama. Too bad the thorns roll wasn't life%, huh?
Reply Quote
Sick, just sick! Hozerker's shoulders must be the best I've ever seen! It's rolls like that that keep the rest of us mortals trying...
Reply Quote
got a little inspiration from this post and got me a little upgrade on my shoulder paddings :] thanks fellas. Now onto a better bracer ... then gloves
Reply Quote
Lots of nice shoulders shown. Thanks! Glad we've seen some upgrades. Gratz on the nice crafts :) Maybe I'll farm up some DE's tomorrow and give it another shot. Some day.
Reply Quote
Just keep rolling them. Takes about 300 to 500 to get a good roll and about a 100 to get a usable roll on vit shoulders. I have rolled about 8 250 vit/200 str shoulders and two 265str/270 vit shoulders. All have all resist. Still trying for those stats and good life percent but no luck yet.
Reply Quote
11/19/2013 08:10 AMPosted by wilbur222
Just keep rolling them. Takes about 300 to 500 to get a good roll and about a 100 to get a usable roll on vit shoulders. I have rolled about 8 250 vit/200 str shoulders and two 265str/270 vit shoulders. All have all resist. Still trying for those stats and good life percent but no luck yet.

Where do your 300-500 and 100 figures come from exactly?
Reply Quote
11/19/2013 08:49 AMPosted by Takkonen

Where do your 300-500 and 100 figures come from exactly?

I've got to be at about that level of rolls, if not more. I've got decent vita rolls for all classes now in stash if they need them. The 550+ stat combos w/AR still elude me.
Reply Quote
I want a lot of your shouldersT_T, though I think I was pretty lucky to get mine in less than 50 tries lol. I got work to do now:(.
Reply Quote
11/17/2013 09:17 PMPosted by Sedi
Frustrated! Just rolled two more, in a row, that had close to max vita, max AR, but the usual 140-180str. How many hundreds, if not thousands of DE's must I waste!

/end rant.

I gave up on vit shoulder crafting months ago. If you are looking for decent DPS on vit shoulders, you have to keep on trying. I believe you already know that lol.

But if it is EHP you are looking for...then you can stop whenever.

I decided to throw EHP out on shoulders and get as much Str as possible with decent vit. Not going to craft str shoulders either. I am done.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Anwin-6258/hero/37215655
Reply Quote
crafting? bah humbug :p

i gave up and bought the rare ones equipped for 6mil :p

256str
118vit
7%life
75AR

i am ok with that :D
Reply Quote
does this mean, that i have to be happy with - http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Nalianna-1871/hero/4708967

?

221 Strength
255 Vitality
34 Poison Resist
61 Resist All
19% extra gold from Monsters
Reply Quote
11/25/2013 05:40 AMPosted by Nalianna
does this mean, that i have to be happy with - http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Nalianna-1871/hero/4708967

?

221 Strength
255 Vitality
34 Poison Resist
61 Resist All
19% extra gold from Monsters

Nope, keep crafting!
Reply Quote
I got my Vit shoulder during the month DE crafting added into the game, since then never craft Vit/STR shoulder anymore.

I have no luck in all Ammy & Int bracer, the rest is quite lucky, especially int glove, 3 trifecta in about 100 craft.
Reply Quote
Well considering all the gear will be obsolete come the new itemization patch and RoS shortly thereafter I wouldn't sweat your gear now. I have stopped searching for better gear at this point, honestly you are better off saving the demonic essence you find because according to Planet's post the expansion has placed a greater emphasis on crafting.
Edited by BrianGoudy#1540 on 11/25/2013 7:12 PM PST
Reply Quote
I had read that DE's weren't being used very much in the beta. Perhaps that has changed?
Reply Quote
Originally Posted by Blizzard

One of the big goals with Loot 2.0 is to make items more exiting and feel more rewarding, and we would also very much like to reduce the "meh" factor as much as we can. So what we are aiming for is to make item upgrades, whether they come from monsters or crafting, feel like they are earned though rewarding gameplay.

In that regards, we have some concerns about what might happen if people could hoard vanilla materials now for later conversion into RoS materials—If people could do such a conversion from old to new materials, then we think there would be a very real risk that people would near instantly craft their way to potential BiS gear shortly after the expansion is out, and thus if you could craft your way to the top right from the get go, then that would bypass or severely diminish the sense of progression and reward you would otherwise get from hunting for gear upgrades and crafting mats.

When Reaper of Soul goes live, the current plan is to convert your existing original crafting materials into what is currently the Inferno crafting tier, which will let people continue to craft all the items that they have access to now. Then once people start seeing new item tiers past level 61, those items will then be salvageable into new crafting materials that can be used to craft level 61 to 70 items.

Again, things may change, so this plan should not be considered as set in stone.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]