Diablo® III

From RoS Streams, DH's are back to..

where we started! Seems like RoS is indeed game changing.

Here's what I noticed from the streams:

1) You cannot stop and tank anymore. No more Gloom nor snapshot of it.

I was watching a RF DH playing on stream and he was literally being raped by any monsters which don't die within a couple of hits. Saw a REFLECT pack and knew it was the end for him. Had to revive like 10+ times before he finally killed it. Then he went for one of the major Act 5 boss and was raped again. He retried at least 10 times before giving up. RIP RF.

2) It's back to pre nerf Inferno again! DH's have to constantly move, then hit, then move. If you miss a step and stop, RIP.

Currently watching Athene on his DH on Master difficulty, and he is dying plenty too, not as much as the previous DH from 1) though. He isn't killing the mobs, just running past them to try and skip them. He is using L4N which is useless IMO, the discipline regeneration is not enough, low stats, low armor. I've seen some of the new gear and they add tons of high stats (300+, high armor). I must add he is really bad at controlling DH, probably spend too much time on poe aka piece of !@#$.

Seems like slow/freeze/charm enemies and life regeneration will be extremely useful in RoS,

3) Group play is really important now.

If you want to clear the game efficiently, you need a good team of melee and range. Those who do crypt runs will get a good idea. Different roles contribute different advantages. A really good zdps monk will do wonders for a DH or range char. A high damage decent EDPS DH will make clearing the mobs so much faster.
Edited by fathom#6674 on 11/20/2013 6:40 AM PST
Reply Quote
Did a check and seems like almost every class have to kite on torment difficulty.

This is great news for us, since we have the most mobility and easily dish out high damage from afar.
Reply Quote
From what my friend told me, nothing changed about 'snapshotting' in RoS. But of course, shadow power changed.
Reply Quote
11/20/2013 07:22 AMPosted by VocaloidNyan
From what my friend told me, nothing changed about 'snapshotting' in RoS. But of course, shadow power changed.

My bad, Rf still snapshots but since it's primary use was to snapshot Gloom's LS... not happening in RoS anymore.
Reply Quote
Nyan gear swapping?
Reply Quote
11/20/2013 07:26 AMPosted by fathom
My bad, Rf still snapshots but since it's primary use was to snapshot Gloom's LS... not happening in RoS anymore.

Haha. I'll make it work ;)
Reply Quote
Just saw the stats on a beckansale cloak

300 dex+
8Life%
80+AR
10 Max Dis

**secondary stat, summon wolves you now spawn 3
Edited by DaRkCroNo#1494 on 11/20/2013 8:17 AM PST
Reply Quote

300 dex+
8Life%
80+AR
10 Max Dis

Fck. XD

Where'd you saw it?
Reply Quote
Analogous to the first 3 months of release when everyone was in junk ilvl60 items; a synopsis is based on painfully under geared characters.
Edited by zoid#1554 on 11/20/2013 9:04 AM PST
Reply Quote
watching other high end geared classes play, and get their !@# handed to them. Makes me wonder how gameplay going to be for hardcore demon hunters, lol.
Reply Quote

300 dex+
8Life%
80+AR
10 Max Dis

WANT!!! Screw you nat's embrace. Need to mystic out that 10 max disc to something else then.
Reply Quote
Athene Mystic'ed his Manticore.

Poison Damage was removed.

Changed to BLACK DAMAGE.

from 1.2k DPS.. changed to 1.9k.
Reply Quote
11/20/2013 07:22 AMPosted by VocaloidNyan

If that goes live, we'll be gods
Reply Quote
Not really gods tbh. The LoH apparently sucks. We will probably have to rely a lot on smoke screen/caltrops -> tort ground.
Reply Quote
I would love to try my PVP DH in this tough PVE setting. If survival is the issue, I should have an edge compared to most other DH. Too bad they didn't send me an invitation to the friends and family beta lol.
Reply Quote
11/20/2013 09:21 AMPosted by VocaloidNyan
Not really gods tbh. The LoH apparently sucks. We will probably have to rely a lot on smoke screen/caltrops -> tort ground.

IMO solo is going to be impossible for a while, or at least impossible to do efficiently. If we party up with a tank, or someone who can spam CC skills, we'll do quite well.
Reply Quote
11/20/2013 09:35 AMPosted by Atomsk

IMO solo is going to be impossible for a while, or at least impossible to do efficiently. If we party up with a tank, or someone who can spam CC skills, we'll do quite well.

Saw you in Athene's stream I think :P
Reply Quote

Our class will do well regardless. Those that have been used to having to avoid getting one shotted will still be able to do the same in RoS and will be able to solo content.

The biggest changes I've seen in streams is that melee combat in general now requires some thought and decision making in battles. Those accustomed to being able to play while fapping and browsing the interwebs are having the toughest times ATM.

That said, unfortunately I haven't seen a DH RoS streamer that can control the class impeccably well yet.
Edited by DiEoxidE#1987 on 11/20/2013 10:15 AM PST
Reply Quote
11/20/2013 09:39 AMPosted by Chrizzle

Saw you in Athene's stream I think :P

yeah i popped in briefly but he was being pretty boring lol
Reply Quote
11/20/2013 10:11 AMPosted by DiEoxidE

Our class will do well regardless. Those that have been used to having to avoid getting one shotted will still be able to do the same in RoS and will be able to solo content.

The biggest changes I've seen in streams is that melee combat in general now requires some thought and decision making in battles. Those accustomed to being able to play while fapping and browsing the interwebs are having the toughest times ATM.

That said, unfortunately I haven't seen a DH RoS streamer that can control the class impeccably well yet.

I can't believe that you didn't get a beta key...

Did any good DH's get one?
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]