Diablo® III

From RoS Streams, DH's are back to..

11/20/2013 06:24 PMPosted by Rav1n
1) You cannot stop and tank anymore.
I promise...I will find a way!

Err.. Moldran's doing it with Revenge. So yeah..
Reply Quote
1) You cannot stop and tank anymore.

me too, fundamentals haven't changed.
Reply Quote
Moldran's HP is at 1,062,000 something.

Revenge on it's normal state gives 20k PER ENEMY HIT.

Maelstrom : Instead of releasing bombs, release up to 5 shadow tendrils at nearby enemies that each deal 220% weapon damage as Physical. You gain 1% Life per enemy hit. (Damage down from 225%)

Might find it's use as a source of healing.

This too.

Healing Vapors : Regenerate 15% Life while invisible.

Nether Tentacles : Shoot a shadow tentacle that deals 300% weapon damage to enemies along its path and returns 0.4% of your maximum Life for each enemy hit. (Damage up from 155%, healing up from 0.2%)

Nether's getting some use too as a source of healing.
Reply Quote
That SS though along with CdR gear and some battle scars will be quick heal devices for the o crap moments. I dunno about DH's tanking like his barb tho lol. If only caltrops got its proc returned :(
Reply Quote
11/20/2013 07:09 PMPosted by METATRON
That SS though along with CdR gear and some battle scars will be quick heal devices for the o crap moments. I dunno about DH's tanking like his barb tho lol. If only caltrops got its proc returned :(

The only good thing that JS Proc will get us it Crowd Control effects >_<

I don't think it'll be good to rely on Prep-Scars though.. The cooldown might kill you. Having high HP with Brooding might just be enough to save you though.
Reply Quote
The crowd control and the insane amounts of LOH it used to proc back in the days lol! With 2000 LOH back in vanilla inferno you could tank the entire pony land lasers poisen pool and all lol. But I doubt blizz would return the caltrops jagged spikes proc at those rates again lol.

We can only hope tho :P

I agree brooding is looking to be a just for sustain, SS and battle scars is more of a o crap moment kind of use. Either way though I am concerned that due to our lack of streams as a class that DH's might just not be able to compete in DPS compared to the other classes or the survivability.

Looking at the crusader the more I think it's the go to class now in terms of OP.
Reply Quote

Me too!

Right now I am really liking my Armour, Resist, and life regeneration combo. Sprinkle a little Damage Reduction % on top of that and select the right EHP buffing skills and passives and its TANK ON. (No LOH,SS,LS or Gloom) I gain almost 200k just from my Hardened triggering. The only thing holding that build back is low dex and some offensive stats. The expansion should solve that problem.

If the damage penalty was removed I could really hang with the barbs.

I almost think that I will be better off with a smaller life pool that is supported by massive life regeneration and healthy amounts of DR than a really huge inflated life pool that I cant re-fill quickly enough....

Have to see how this shapes up. Looking forward to that first Grenade blast.
Reply Quote
From reading your intro, sounds pretty much like Inferno when D3 was released.
Reply Quote
11/20/2013 09:56 PMPosted by dawgiestyle

We can only hope :P

Week 1 of D3 was probably the most fun I've had gaming in the past 5 years, lol. Then they nerfed everything to sh!t :(
Reply Quote
11/20/2013 10:24 PMPosted by TianZi

We can only hope :P

Week 1 of D3 was probably the most fun I've had gaming in the past 5 years, lol. Then they nerfed everything to sh!t :(

This x1000000000000000000000000000000000000
Reply Quote
Someone just found this. Oh man.

http://i.imgur.com/gC1GzO4.png

New OP Ice Climbers

http://i.imgur.com/LSGvxuv.png

Move over Nat's, new awesome DH set is coming.

http://i1328.photobucket.com/albums/w540/lenekk/30A11566-9B29-49E0-967E-225D09410911-5930-0000051F2F83DE19_zps8928403a.jpg

I'm really confuse to what to buy now for my DH to prepare for RoS. Definitely all the over rated gear are not worth to buy anymore.
Edited by fathom#6674 on 11/21/2013 2:42 AM PST
Reply Quote

double the number of bombardment impacts while using this 2hand flail......... fail.

or is it just coincidence that Bombardment dropped with this item? could that affix be on a different weapon?

New OP Ice Climbers

epic.
Edited by TastySouP#1157 on 11/21/2013 2:46 AM PST
Reply Quote
I really love the IC!
Reply Quote

double the number of bombardment impacts while using this 2hand flail......... fail.

or is it just coincidence that Bombardment dropped with this item? could that affix be on a different weapon?

New OP Ice Climbers

epic.

Bombardment is a crusader skill.
Reply Quote
11/21/2013 02:48 AMPosted by fathom
Bombardment is a crusader skill.

wwwwwaaaaa, definitely missed that! haha, aren't flails also Crusader only?

On a side note:
Watching all these top geared Barbs demolish face with the Crusader makes me really want to see a top geared DH try the content. Is the crusader that op?
Edited by TastySouP#1157 on 11/21/2013 4:01 AM PST
Reply Quote
On a side note:
Watching all these top geared Barbs demolish face with the Crusader makes me really want to see a top geared DH try the content. Is the crusader that op? or are the examples of streaming DHs just poorly geared/bad dhs?

Me too, tried looking for some but couldn't find any DH ones so I just quit out of them...

I wish I could see DiEoxidE or someone else from the Prime Assassins testing out RoS... would be EPIC!

Silver
Edited by Silver#6986 on 11/21/2013 4:02 AM PST
Reply Quote
not having any true DH play is very concerning...We have no idea how well or how poorly we will do in Torment+, we also have no clue what our gear even looks like. Hope open beta is coming soon.

Where is TheProhacker to stream when you need him or even Phil the other DH streamer would help out a lot.
Edited by DaRkCroNo#1494 on 11/21/2013 4:30 AM PST
Reply Quote
not having any true DH play is very concerning...We have no idea how well or how poorly we will do in Torment+, we also have no clue what our gear even looks like. Hope open beta is coming soon.

Where is TheProhacker to stream when you need him or even Phil the other DH streamer would help out a lot.

You should know this by now lol... Part of being a DH

Blizz don't care about us :(

In all seriousness how the F#*@ do we not have a streamer? Every other class seems to have several, their forum MVP's etc etc. Hell we don't even have an MVP let alone a decent streamer meanwhile there's like 15 barbs and crusaders lol.

Sigh* we all know blizz gets on their knees and caters to them but comon that's just sad how they treat this class month after month lol. I'm telling you by the time open beta is around ROS release won't be long and by the time we finally get our hands in it to voice any concerns about the class it will be way to late and blizz will just say suckit enjoy the ride for another 6 months before we even bother to look into your forum and see if it's worth our time balancing your class lol.

That said crusader OP anyone? Looks like the new barb but my guess is blizz is playing the hook line and sinker game pulling everyone back in with "ZOMG OP pally" must buy ROS! Then Three months later nerfed lol, unless they pull a barb on them again and wait two years to even acknowledge it let alone do anything about not haha
Edited by METATRON#1945 on 11/21/2013 5:02 AM PST
Reply Quote
I'm watching a crusader streaming on torment and man it's one powerful class.

http://www.twitch.tv/kingkongor

I'm not sure if DH can live up to this being so defensive, offensive and mobile all at the same time. Perhaps if a well equipped one with the right skills/legends will be amazing too, but yet to see one on Twitch. And that horse riding skill, woah.

Act 5 is awesome by the way, it's definitely top notch environment, top notch graphics and very powerful but creative monsters. Blizzard is finally back to the standard with this expansion.
Edited by fathom#6674 on 11/21/2013 5:17 AM PST
Reply Quote
11/20/2013 09:21 AMPosted by VocaloidNyan
Not really gods tbh. The LoH apparently sucks. We will probably have to rely a lot on smoke screen/caltrops -> tort ground.

Just a hint Nyan (>^^)> keep legacy set.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]