Diablo® III

How obsolete will L4N become in RoS?

Is it worth keeping or selling the legacy nat set?
The stats were already pretty mediocre and it'll just keep getting worst with all those lvl 70 gears coming up. Maybe the Mystic can make the set worth it by re-rolling some awful stats...
Its still worth a lot of money at the moment so im wondering.
Reply Quote
It isn't. Actually.. Athene's streaming with L4N and he's not having much problems.

You'll be able to do Mystic them to increase their stats.
Reply Quote
View profile
An Item is useless when you stop using it...
Reply Quote
L4N will still be viable, as long as you use mystic to increase its stats, however your gear (as always) will need to make up for the losses
Reply Quote
Better save your gold though.. the mystic thing gets very expensive very quickly.
Reply Quote
I just don't see how one re-rolled affix per piece can save it.
Edited by RedCell#1728 on 11/20/2013 1:07 PM PST
Reply Quote
11/20/2013 12:38 PMPosted by RedCell
I just don't see how one re-rolled affix can save it.

really? Just reroll for max DPS so it does the same DPS as the top end gear does lol,

the EHP side of things comes down to player skill more than anything judging by the streams and maintaining ranged gameplay. Anyone who dares to tank cant sustain it for long. The power behind legacy nats is the discipline will allow for max kiting mobility and SS to keep you out of trouble and rerolling for max DPS is all you need and the rest of your slots be top notch and your good to go.

Judging by Athenes stream its still VERY powerful and can keep you alive through a ton of stuff if you stutter step well and use your skills properly. The old face tank and fire way of playing is dead from looking at all the vids so far. If anything i would argue L4N is in a VERY good position now that the game revolves around more movement rather than facetank and spam life steal. Also it leaves open an extra passive slot that can be used for even more mobility or vengeance and the like. It looks to be very viable for me if used right, if your just planning on facetanking then it doesnt have the ehp to do it but i doubt any class is going to just out right face tank anymore lol, looks like its all back to pre inferno nerf to me. (a good thing i think)

BTW from rading the barb threads and seeing the barb streams they have concluded resist all is obsolete as a stat in gear since diamond gems can serve a much better slot for that so if your lacking resist all you can stack it with diamonds like nobodys business compared to say armor etc. This makes gear different from live.

***Keep in mind im not talking about the already bad legacy nats sets, those will definitely be toast but the high end versions of the set will do more than fine.
Edited by METATRON#1945 on 11/20/2013 12:55 PM PST
Reply Quote
View profile
11/20/2013 12:42 PMPosted by METATRON
BTW from rading the barb threads and seeing the barb streams they have concluded resist all is obsolete as a stat in gear since diamond gems can serve a much better slot for that so if your lacking resist all you can stack it with diamonds like nobodys business compared to say armor etc. This makes gear different from live.

Not just the Gems. Paragon Points as well
+250 for 50 ppt
where as 2500 armor will need you to have 10,000 armor before those points

And from the look of it it seem to me that we can estimated p400 (now) = p200 (RoS)
Reply Quote

Not just the Gems. Paragon Points as well
+250 for 50 ppt
where as 2500 armor will need you to have 10,000 armor before those points

And from the look of it it seem to me that we can estimated p400 (now) = p200 (RoS)

yup i looked into that also, i almost have 4 p100's so i that should be a good amount of points to boot.

Looks liek good skills, planning and proper placement are going to be critical in the game now. Hopefully public beta opens soon so i can test all the possible reroll stats on L4N and see which combos will be the most beneficiary, Cooldown reduce will be critical also with Preparation, it will keep you in SS often or vaulting and if you use battlescars it can keep you healed. Looks like the game is going to be a lot more skill based for DH's again like it used to be at launch :D cant wait

If i were to gear a good L4N DH i would get HP and resists up high enough to take a few heavy hits maybe 2 -3 tops and the rest cooldown reduction and DPS so you can take a few mistake hits and unavoidable hits and the rest of your points and gearing can focus on cooldowns and skill usage to sustain yourself through fights seeing as how facetanking is out the window.
Edited by METATRON#1945 on 11/20/2013 1:04 PM PST
Reply Quote
was athens running in normal? don't know if his stream can be treated as an indicator, not to mention he was just jumping around the map.

But with mystic, there are potential for sure...we will see.
Reply Quote
was athens running in normal? don't know if his stream can be treated as an indicator, not to mention he was just jumping around the map.

But with mystic, there are potential for sure...we will see.

im basing it on the fact he has mobility and can still do some serious 1m+ crit hits, the other class streams are doing similar but they are having the most trouble with mobility since the game so far seems to show if you try and tank for long you get crushed lol.

theres many situations where he uses proper SS and is used to keeping him going where if you didnt have that SS you would be toast haha.

also shadow power looks like its going to go back to the back burner like it was at launch compared to SS. it just isnt as good anymore to sustain you.

Surprisingly even he says he thinks legacy set is huge for him because it allows for non stop mobility and SS for o crap moments meanwhile without that discipline it would be much harder going toe to toe with enemies. I Think mobility is going to play a big part judging from all the different class streams.
Edited by METATRON#1945 on 11/20/2013 1:18 PM PST
Reply Quote
I'm thinking more along the lines of what new legendary items one couldn't wear because the slots are taken up with legacy Nat's.
Reply Quote
View profile
Here is the experience chat that diablofans have come up with

http://www.diablofans.com/news/2234-paragon-exp-chart-levels-1-2000-diablofans-livestream-of-reaper-of-souls/

It's very simple no increase in gap at all, each level is previous +1440,000
Just like the same experience gap we now have moving from plvl-1 to plvl-60
Reply Quote
11/20/2013 01:19 PMPosted by RedCell
I'm thinking more along the lines of what new legendary items one couldn't wear because the slots are taken up with legacy Nat's.

well it is only 4 slots lol, and then there is that new ring that brings set bonuses down 1 slot. If anything i see what slots in combo with L4N will be killer lol not the other way around.
Reply Quote
Here is the experience chat that diablofans have come up with

http://www.diablofans.com/news/2234-paragon-exp-chart-levels-1-2000-diablofans-livestream-of-reaper-of-souls/

It's very simple no increase in gap at all, each level is previous +1440,000
Just like the same experience gap we now have moving from plvl-1 to plvl-60

hmmmm interesting, thanks for sharing that
Edited by METATRON#1945 on 11/20/2013 1:30 PM PST
Reply Quote
It will be interesting to see how the set works on the highest difficulty setting. The mobility of the L4N is amazing, but if you cant survive one "oops" moment I would consider using a different set. I dont want to run around and not be able to take a hit. The armor and vitality on the L4N are pretty low compared to the other items at level 70.

I have a feeling that this will be like when the first loot redeisn happened. People who want that regen will stick with L4N and have a little less EHP. Other players who want more EHP would want to get the new items that are in loot 2.0
Reply Quote
View profile
^ It is not like this hasn't already happened...

A lot of people have not touch L4N because they wanted the ehp.
A lot of people are using a monk set to gain more ehp and dps (paper).

If anyone thinks that they can't do well with L4N now they won't be able to do it in RoS.

edit: typo
Edited by KirusAlufras#1739 on 11/20/2013 2:42 PM PST
Reply Quote
^ It is not like this hasn't already happened...

A lot of people have not touch L4N because they wanted the ehp.
A lot of people are using a monk set to gain more ehp and dps (paper).

If anyone thinks that they can't do well with L4N now they won't be able to do it in RoS.

edit: typo

yup lol, for example my legacy set, i can do mp10 fine with little to no trouble right now with it and have more EHP than most DH's even with the newer set. The thing about L4N its just about proper gear balance and planning. Sure i might have less paper dps than if i were to swap to my newer nats set but right now that works on live due to the ability of tanking so mobility isnt an issue which is why most DH's currently never even use vault or tactical advantage. I personally love those skills and spam them all the time and caltrops jagged spikes with my legacy set and if need be SS. from the streams so far ROS is very ANTI tank and leech, its the opposite of what we currently have, every class seems to be going in making some hits kiting and using skills and reaction time to stay alive. this is exactly what DH's excel and and what made L4N powerful especially in vanilla Inferno.

The days of stand in a huge mob hold down right click and win are over form the looks of things, and I am glad it is. It made the game boring
Reply Quote
I am thinking that life regen is the way to go. With the amount of health the streamers have right now, I do not see Life on Hit working that well. The passive brooding may become a strong passive because you gain 1.5% life regen and it can stack up to 3 times while stationary. While DH's will be moving quite a bit, 1.5% is still decent regen if you can get other gear with regen also. Getting 15-20K life regen could be pretty useful to stay alive from all the elemental damage.
Reply Quote
11/20/2013 03:00 PMPosted by Wildling
I am thinking that life regen is the way to go. With the amount of health the streamers have right now, I do not see Life on Hit working that well. The passive brooding may become a strong passive because you gain 1.5% life regen and it can stack up to 3 times while stationary. While DH's will be moving quite a bit, 1.5% is still decent regen if you can get other gear with regen also. Getting 15-20K life regen could be pretty useful to stay alive from all the elemental damage.

another reason why L4N is good ;] saves you from using nightstalker and i was going to say brooding, tactical advantage and the other 3 passives are open, maybe use the fleet footed passive also for max mobility or one of the other newer passives who knows.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]