Diablo® III

How obsolete will L4N become in RoS?

Lets say you went max vitality roll on your L4N chest and boots... like +300 per. So +600 vit... that'll look pretty nice at level 70 P300+. After a while all your paragon points will go into dex... maybe some more vit? Vit is a core stat.. ? Plus you can slot some diamonds in the chest to make up for EHP? You need to forget about dex/vit/all res rolls on gear. That can be made up for else where on gear or paragon points.

What you can never make up for is the disc regen. UNLESS its given to us in a passive or a new set bonus. Then I'll give up on L4N lol. But ya, this frees up a passive and enables the best mobility/utility with the use of discipline.

What happened with the last gear lvl increase is the rolls got better. Because the stats where important. Now they are just a starting point, but can be made up for with paragon points. The new i70 Nats set will have to have some better bonuses if its going to even hope to compete. Especially with the nerf to prep.. only restore 30 disc? BS. Cool down reduc will be needed.. but stacking disc doesn't look so OP anymore.. sad.

So to me.. L4N is still looking great. A good weapon is what gives you true power. A nice enchanted/tuned ilvl70 weapon will make all the difference. Look at the L4N users. Some use WF and get 200-250k dps. Manti gets about 300-350k? Can be very similar gears but the major difference is the weapon. Because manti gets that dual socket... but look at the dps increase (in theory). So theory craft what a new i70 weapon will do for a legacy set user? I think they'll do just fine.

For me, its gonna be a Windforce. The knockback is just want I want to run with my L4N in ROS. Mobility, control the battlefield with CC and the glory of D2 in my weapon. A nice 3k WF and L4N is what i'm dreamin of. o_O

I guess right now.. with 10 p100s... ~ p450 in paragon 2.0.. Ya its gonna be a grind fest in ROS. Good times!
Reply Quote
from the streams that i've watched. It looks like L4N is going to work great for a while, but it will be too much of a gimp to get you into the higher ranks of torment. The mobs are simply too tough and do too much damage. But if you're fine only going to torment 1 or 2 it might still be usable.
Reply Quote
View profile
11/20/2013 07:34 PMPosted by Atomsk
from the streams that i've watched. It looks like L4N is going to work great for a while, but it will be too much of a gimp to get you into the higher ranks of torment. The mobs are simply too tough and do too much damage. But if you're fine only going to torment 1 or 2 it might still be usable.

I guess you still didn't get it... l4n is an armor set... To get high dps output from armor you need high DEX. DEX can be re-rolled. If you decide to be tanky or heavily tanked you don't want to use any Natalya or a cloak. A chest will roll higher high dex/vit and base armor.

The mobs in the current inferno MP10 also do TOO MUCH damage by your bias. Take out LS/LoH and go play MP10 with whatever gear you prefer. My poorly 200k goes up to mp7 and that is the wall I'm hitting. mp8 I start getting 1-shoted by elites when I don't have Gloom. With Gloom my ehp isn't even 300k. But if you can play avoiding the damage while outputting whatever you have. A dead mob is what you want not a dead player reviving over and over again. IMO there isn't any fun (subjective) when you are not doing much but lowering your enemies HP while getting corned in.
Reply Quote
That's how Athene was able to play up to Master Difficulty.

Chain casting Smokescreen.. and the fact that he doesn't really play as good as, for example, DiE, give Athene's items to DiE and we'll see how "easy" the game could get. >_<
Reply Quote
Only watched some dudes stream for a little bit, but it looks like enchanting can only change one affix to another "similar" affix? Like a stat roll to another stat roll?

Sucks for me, looks like some of my trash L4N I bought for enchanting will remain trash.
Reply Quote
Nah, you can only re-roll ONE of the affixes to a number of affixes that are given to you randomly.
Reply Quote
Thats my point though, it doesn't seem completely random.

I saw some guy on stream going through the enchanting menu. He clicked on the stat roll and his possible affixes to reroll to were almost all stat rolls. He also had chance to stun and the possible affixes to reroll were almost all procs as well (chance to freeze, chance to chill, chance to fear, etc.).

Thats why I said it looks like it will only reroll into a "similar" type of roll.
Reply Quote
11/20/2013 08:27 PMPosted by OhHellzNo
Thats why I said it looks like it will only reroll into a "similar" type of roll

Oh.. we'll see.. Btw, Rerolling them really costs a heap of Gold.. I'll go and buy some Gold before RoS hits >_> I'm sure I'd be able to burn through 2bil in less than a month of playing RoS.
Reply Quote
I don't think much high end l4n user will be doing enchanting on it considering that it will be boa, at least i won't(i think).

I wonder if this rare chest of mine will be op after enchanting ^_^ http://i1034.photobucket.com/albums/a426/Maplelite/RareCloak.jpg
Reply Quote
i wonder if we can get perma SS back into the game by stacking cool down reduction.
Reply Quote
11/20/2013 09:06 PMPosted by Killua
i wonder if we can get perma SS back into the game by stacking cool down reduction.

We still don't know how much CDR we could get though.. But in order for you to be able to perma SS, you'd have to get at least 50% Cool Down reduction I think.
Reply Quote
11/20/2013 09:20 PMPosted by Chrizzle

We still don't know how much CDR we could get though.. But in order for you to be able to perma SS, you'd have to get at least 50% Cool Down reduction I think.

Yeah, need to know how much we can stack

I think the cool down is 2 s (if it stays unchanged), lingering fog is 1.5s (if it stays unchanged).

so 25% reduction should do the trick.
Reply Quote
View profile
I think I do...

let me get the numbers together. Give me like 5-10min

10% - Marquise (goes up by 1% so 15% on helm socket)
10% - Rings/Amulet (30%)
10% - Gloves
10% - Shoulder
10% - Weapon
~ = 80-85% if you dual-wield

I'm pretty sure they are adding a cap on these... so maybe like chc at 75%

Don't know if paragon stack with item. So far we know that MS on item and paragon are the SAME.
Edited by KirusAlufras#1739 on 11/20/2013 9:41 PM PST
Reply Quote
11/20/2013 12:38 PMPosted by RedCell
I just don't see how one re-rolled affix per piece can save it.

yeah, only ONE stat can be re-rolled, don't know about new level 70 stuff, I thought I saw more than one re-roll...
Reply Quote
any news?
Edited by Killua#1993 on 11/21/2013 3:42 PM PST
Reply Quote
11/21/2013 03:33 PMPosted by Killua
any news?

L4N might make perma chain smoke very possible check Kirus other thread, also woogmog one of the few DH's with a key said to Nyan to keep his nats set its gonna be very worth it lol.

Just from hearing that i went and picked up a high vit ok dex high resist legacy nat boot just because i can reroll the dex to something huge while still having some vit on it which is better than my current 160 dex no vit boots if rerolled i think since crafting and drops will no longer allow for split rolls.
Reply Quote
new nat set in RoS is OP. RIP L4N...
http://i41.tinypic.com/280qybs.jpg
Holy _______!
Reply Quote
new nat set in RoS is OP. RIP L4N...
http://i41.tinypic.com/280qybs.jpg

no fhucking way.

dreams do come true? tell me this will make it into game and is not photoshopped.
Reply Quote
no way LOL! Blizz wouldnt make it that OP hahaha and that was never listed in the datamined info of affixes while everything else that has been shown to be real like monks 4 set inna bonus is real and was in the datamin and so was the hellrack weapon that drops turrets etc. I dont think its real lol
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]