Diablo® III

Complete Console Guide: To 60 and beyond!

11/21/2013 04:02 PMPosted by TheGoat
Well I'll be darned. According to the official stuff here on the site, Magic Items are Blue. I stand corrected and apparently colorblind.

Damn Goat... I am colorblind as well!!!! They look purple to me!
Reply Quote
Thanks for this! That's a lot of time and effort!
Reply Quote
11/21/2013 09:54 AMPosted by TheGoat
I can't verify if it matches with console, but that's a whole lot of data.

11/21/2013 10:00 AMPosted by TheHog
Yeah, had me going cross eyed for a minute... not sure if you have ever scene a cross eyed hog... amusing to say the least

yeah, try reading it from a phone, haha... I was just seeing if I could figure out the high and low limits for some stats, like CHD, CHC, and RES, and what all items it could roll on.

Im still fairly new at this, I played D2 for about 2 1/2 years straight and got very "sucked in". I sold an unidentified windforce on ebay for $102.50. Nobody wants to believe me when I tell them that but its true. The last time I logged in was about 8 years ago, maybe longer. I couldnt pass up D3 when it hit the Xbox.

One thing that was difficult for me was decrypting all the acronyms and slang terms in the forums. This page helped me tremendously and should be mentioned in this thread, as this threads purpose is to help the users that are relatively new. http://www.diablowiki.net/Reference
Reply Quote
Thanks for the link Will going to give it a look in little bit!
Reply Quote
Quoted the helpful info from Will32 and added info on Magic Find, as it is often misunderstood.
Reply Quote
Just want to say, thank you very much for posting this info. Console Diablo III is my first time playing Diablo, and I found your info very useful.
Reply Quote
You should mention that crafting supplies can be kept in your stash and still used by the artisan. This frees up some inventory slots for farming. It also makes it easier to craft for your alts without having to switch characters. Simply make it a habit to put all craft supplies in your stash after every salvage and farm run.

This also works for combining gems as well however, the combined gem will appear in your inventory rather than the stash. In order to socket gems you will need to have them in your inventory.

If you decide to reroll a crafted item and choose the salvage option, those salvaged supplies will be in your inventory.
Edited by Digicracka#1684 on 11/22/2013 6:04 PM PST
Reply Quote
23 Worgen Priest
love this and very nice job. just one question. the
plans for gems... having a hard time with this. I have almost all but t13 for ruby. lvl 60+6 and had magic find at 386% for most of the game on hell master5. still have yet to get it. have I just missed something?
Reply Quote
Digicracka - I mentioned that in the crafting and inventory videos. I was reaching a rather large wall of text so a couple things here and there only show up in the videos to try and keep the post a little shorter.

Thesumarian - It's a random drop. Hog just got the Marquis Amathyst last week because I found a second and third plan. (Second one was swallowed by the lockup problem). I'm Paragon 24 and still don't have the Marquis Ruby.
Reply Quote
11/23/2013 04:09 AMPosted by TheGoat
I'm Paragon 24 and still don't have the Marquis Ruby.

Man I did not know this, I will keep my eye out for you!
Reply Quote
Horadric Hamburger - Level 30 Legendary "dagger". Low damage, just for fun.

Only drops from the rare spawn "Loot Piñata" This is incorrect. I have had the hamburger drop from mobs. Also low damage??? I have one that is 1050dps. That is not low damage for level 30.
Reply Quote
11/23/2013 09:27 AMPosted by ShinObama
Horadric Hamburger - Level 30 Legendary "dagger". Low damage, just for fun.

Only drops from the rare spawn "Loot Piñata" This is incorrect. I have had the hamburger drop from mobs. Also low damage??? I have one that is 1050dps. That is not low damage for level 30.

No kidding? Well then that's a change from what I understood. I'll edit that!
Reply Quote
sticky!!! so helpful, so much work you put into this. Thank you.
Reply Quote
11/23/2013 06:12 PMPosted by H2Oangel
sticky!!! so helpful, so much work you put into this. Thank you.

You are welcome, we have a request in. More comments like this and it should happen :)
Reply Quote
Added a section in post 3 explaining dual wielding damage calculations.

Glad to hear this is helping the newer folks out. We figured there would be a fair amount of people coming aboard with the holidays coming up.
Reply Quote
DW might almost be video guide worthy. Would anyone else like to see a guide with us explaining the Dual Wielding a bit more?
Edited by TheHog#1661 on 11/25/2013 9:39 AM PST
Reply Quote
Trying to keep this on the first page for anyone new to the community and/or the game.
Reply Quote
Posted by TheGoat
I'm Paragon 24 and still don't have the Marquis Ruby.

I have an extra plan if u want it goat just send me friend request on psn and we get together and i'll give it to u. My psn: shauntruck2004
Reply Quote
I appreciate the offer, but I'm on XBOX.
Reply Quote
Goat and Hog, you guys are out of control awesome. I genuinely respect the work you put into your articles and videos. My following you here has led me to watch a number of your CoD: Ghosts videos as well. Thanks very much for the effort you both put in.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]