Diablo® III

Guys. So I has Beta. I would like to help out

I just want to know what happen to our current gear? How will it change?

Does our current stats gear get altered? This is smth very impt for some of us...
Reply Quote
There's an affix that deals splash damage % per hit.
Reply Quote
im probably jumping the gun here but after watching a few streamers on ROS. Barb looks like absolute garbage when compared to every other class :(

also the play style looks soooo dull

Barb is possible.

I can run torment 1 on it.

Monk although with its new buffs is going to have a hard time.

WD as well.

best bet is on DH and wiz with health tower WD.
Reply Quote
All present gear will be worthless except perfect 5s, which will retain some value until you loot a GG in slot for that item.

Perfect 5s give you a slight advantage at the start. Nothing more. (with the exception of one kind of perfect 5. I'll go into that later.
Reply Quote
@uberjagger

The game will most likely be nothing like the current beta on release

but I wouldn't say all gear is useless

I feel like from what I've seen so far, blizzard is trying to go a route with the enchants so that current gear will be of use while we level and possibly for some time as we level and after as we start to get to the new end-game.
Edited by MannerCookie#1362 on 11/20/2013 3:06 AM PST
Reply Quote
What's a "perfect 5", Uber?
Reply Quote
The problem i wonder is how it is going to get useless? Its useless compare to the newer tier items or is it becuase the current stats has been altered or nerf like crap...
Reply Quote
Zunimassa's boots shouldn't be worthless. With the increase in base stats the elemental stat bonus on Zunimassa's Trail would have to be nerfed. And it was in the console version to 6% from 8%. Legacy boots might still be the highest DPS boots in the game.

:[]
Reply Quote
I dun quite get it... None of the stats for current gear have been nerf. All stats stay intact after import to ros... So how is it current gear going to become useless instantly? it doesn't make sense? (Like how uber describe)
Reply Quote
11/20/2013 03:21 AMPosted by Riffmaster
What's a "perfect 5", Uber?

6 stat item with 5 perfect stats.

... i assume
Reply Quote
Anymore live stream now?
Reply Quote
http://www.twitch.tv/cdxliv
Reply Quote
Finally my hording will pay off :p
So to clarify the perfect 5 how does the mystic function?
Can you add a roll to a 5 stat item? Or does it work better will a 6 stat with 5 'perfect'
Also what about split rolls as well? Are they actually removed and can/does the mystic detect them?
Like if I were to reroll the vit on my gloves is it gonna take the 70ish str from the split roll as well?

Kind of funny about gems.

Last question. What's providing the best sustain so far? Really not liking the LS removal :(
Seems worrisome without a sustain scaling to damage. I'm sure before beta is over someone will find the min ehp/damage reduction/sustain to do Master, then find the most efficient way to stack it on the least offensive slots.

Last last question. Can you do a little Cleave/hota/BR:Bloodshed/OP:Momentum? Last two skills are optional but I'm more wondering the procs of bloodshed and OP's cool down and I think that's going to be my go-to build.
Reply Quote
im probably jumping the gun here but after watching a few streamers on ROS. Barb looks like absolute garbage when compared to every other class :(

also the play style looks soooo dull

Barb is possible.

WD as well.

WD looks OP to me lol

http://www.twitch.tv/noxious_hs

this guy is perma spirit walking and exloding for millions constantly
Reply Quote
@uberjagger

I feel like from what I've seen so far, blizzard is trying to go a route with the enchants so that current gear will be of use while we level and possibly for some time as we level and after as we start to get to the new end-game.

To enchant legendaries you need to farm a reagent that can....

only be obtained from salvaging legendaries from ROS.

In short, you'll probably find an upgrade before you find enough legendaries to roll the roll you want to replace on a legendary. This almost ensures any legendary you have gets replaced almost immediately.

Barb is possible.

WD as well.

WD looks OP to me lol

Difficulty.

If he's on 60 and Masters, it's cakewalk for any class. He's on "expert" which is even lower than masters.

Lol

And we're not even at masters yet.

At torment, ranged classes will own. Unless you tell me there's a way to mitigate 210k damage from poison spines and heal that amount instantaenously without lifesteal.

I also tested.

Snapshot still works for RF, which means you'll be seeing DHs run that. But as said. No one, absolutely no one can face tank. My barb does torment but I have to kite.

Will be posting videos of that soon.

Also if you think the game isn't hard. Try torment 10. Trash mobs hit for 20k (weak trash) and have 300m HP.
Reply Quote
Finally my hording will pay off :p
So to clarify the perfect 5 how does the mystic function?
Can you add a roll to a 5 stat item? Or does it work better will a 6 stat with 5 'perfect'
Also what about split rolls as well? Are they actually removed and can/does the mystic detect them?
Like if I were to reroll the vit on my gloves is it gonna take the 70ish str from the split roll as well?

Kind of funny about gems.

Last question. What's providing the best sustain so far? Really not liking the LS removal :(
Seems worrisome without a sustain scaling to damage. I'm sure before beta is over someone will find the min ehp/damage reduction/sustain to do Master, then find the most efficient way to stack it on the least offensive slots.

Last last question. Can you do a little Cleave/hota/BR:Bloodshed/OP:Momentum? Last two skills are optional but I'm more wondering the procs of bloodshed and OP's cool down and I think that's going to be my go-to build.

It's not what we thought it would be. Yes, perfect 5s are ideal BUT. The way rerolling stats work is kinda retarded.

Let me give you an example. Letsay you want to reroll out phy res. So you rerol your item a couple of times.

You get:

1. arcane res/ phys res (again)

2. fire res/cold res (what)

3. Pickup radius/ arcane res.

You get what I mean? You can only reroll within a pool of limited stats. That means if you're aiming to build a perfect 5 set but intended to reroll off "useless mods" you'd have made the same mistake as I did. You can't reroll off useless mods.
Reply Quote
I would like to mention that Max rolls for IAS/ CC and CD seem capped on gear. (as in they don't seem to roll as high as they used to) There's no cap for it on characters. (there's no max to how high that they can go)

(lol)

So all you smart theorycrafters can assume what are the perfect 5s I'm talking about.

Also IAS no longer rolls on certain pieces of armor.

Again. You know what I'm talking about.

Certain legendaries with those "tri stats" are perfect 5s.
Edited by Uberjager#6563 on 11/20/2013 6:53 AM PST
Reply Quote
@Uber saw you on Jaetch's stream last night took many tries to beat Adria the Witch.... was insane. The rewards for finally beating her were very underwhelming. Would you say this has been your experience thus far? Hard battle's with little reward?
Edited by Crypter#1856 on 11/20/2013 6:53 AM PST
Reply Quote
@Uber saw you on Jaetch's stream last night took many tried to beat Adria the Witch.... was insane. The reqrds for finally beating her were very underwhelming. Would you say this has been your experience thus far? Hard battle's with little reward?

Adria is a sign of how they're structuring boss battles. Basically gear requirement isn't important anymore, skill and theorycrafting proper builds is the only way to go with boss battles like these. I suppose that Adria has the potential of dropping GG loot. Bad luck of the draw I guess. We both got !@#$ drops.

Oh yes. And WD mobile health tower FTW.

It's probably the most effective build that doesn't require much gear change for ROS.

Barb actually does a huge amount of DPS. When I was soloing adria I managed to get her HP down to about 1/8th. The problem is after that is I have no cooldowns and she starts spamming teleports and her !@#$ing cauldrons.

You'll realise why I was dying alot as well. Barb survivability is severely diminished until we can find a decent method to gain HP and mitigate damage. In short. We can't melee for !@#$ in higher difficulties. Anyone intending to run HoTA/rend, be prepared to be disappointed, :/

Right now the build that allows me to run torment is basically a throw/ seismic slam build with avalanche on 5 second freeze.

Every Slam I do reduces avalanches cooldown by slightly over 1 second.

I guess in the endgame if we can find a way to perma spam avalanche barbs will dominate.

Also channeling shrines ftw.(no cooldowns/ no cost shrines that last 30 seconds)
Edited by Uberjager#6563 on 11/20/2013 7:04 AM PST
Reply Quote
View profile
@uberjagger

To enchant legendaries you need to farm a reagent that can....

only be obtained from salvaging legendaries from ROS.

In short, you'll probably find an upgrade before you find enough legendaries to roll the roll you want to replace on a legendary. This almost ensures any legendary you have gets replaced almost immediately.

WD looks OP to me lol

Difficulty.

If he's on 60 and Masters, it's cakewalk for any class. He's on "expert" which is even lower than masters.

Lol

And we're not even at masters yet.

At torment, ranged classes will own. Unless you tell me there's a way to mitigate 210k damage from poison spines and heal that amount instantaenously without lifesteal.

I also tested.

Snapshot still works for RF, which means you'll be seeing DHs run that. But as said. No one, absolutely no one can face tank. My barb does torment but I have to kite.

Will be posting videos of that soon.

Also if you think the game isn't hard. Try torment 10. Trash mobs hit for 20k (weak trash) and have 300m HP.

Health globes and life per fury spent
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]