Diablo® III

Guys. So I has Beta. I would like to help out

I have a couple questions about how the new BoA system works.

Are all legs/set really BoA when picked up?
Are materials and gold now bound to account?

Thanks
Reply Quote
daym u werent kidding about the difficulty. Cdxliv just got smashed on Torment 10 lmfao

edit: wrong streamer
Edited by RAiN#1828 on 11/20/2013 7:11 AM PST
Reply Quote

To enchant legendaries you need to farm a reagent that can....

only be obtained from salvaging legendaries from ROS.

In short, you'll probably find an upgrade before you find enough legendaries to roll the roll you want to replace on a legendary. This almost ensures any legendary you have gets replaced almost immediately.

Difficulty.

If he's on 60 and Masters, it's cakewalk for any class. He's on "expert" which is even lower than masters.

Lol

And we're not even at masters yet.

At torment, ranged classes will own. Unless you tell me there's a way to mitigate 210k damage from poison spines and heal that amount instantaenously without lifesteal.

I also tested.

Snapshot still works for RF, which means you'll be seeing DHs run that. But as said. No one, absolutely no one can face tank. My barb does torment but I have to kite.

Will be posting videos of that soon.

Also if you think the game isn't hard. Try torment 10. Trash mobs hit for 20k (weak trash) and have 300m HP.

Health globes and life per fury spent

Yes. Bloodthirst syncs with health globes (1% of globes = life per fury spent, which means if you have 10k globes its... 100 life, pretty pathetic considering highest rolls on globes so far that I've seen is 16k)

Life per fury spent seems to be the most ideal way to go about it (waiting for the 2k life per fury spent legendary belt to drop). But for now my life per fury spent is about... 700? lol.
Edited by Uberjager#6563 on 11/20/2013 7:20 AM PST
Reply Quote
I have a couple questions about how the new BoA system works.

Are all legs/set really BoA when picked up?
Are materials and gold now bound to account?

Thanks

Yes.

Rares aren't tho. Which will be the staple for most players considering legendary drops aren't as high as farming MP10 fields right now.

(its not has high as most of you were expecting)

daym u werent kidding about the difficulty. Cdxliv just got smashed on Torment 10 lmfao

edit: wrong streamer

Lol CDXLIV has never been one to gear for EHP. I'm not surprised really. Though MP10 Torment is a bit of a stretch. He should try MP1 Torment for Size. It's manageable for barbs. Expect to die on really tough packs but its manageable.
Reply Quote
If you ask me which class to watch out for. I'd say crus. There's a few interesting synergies I might want to look at.

Personally tho If you want me to pick the most OP class as of now I'd say DH. (as long as its with a person who plays well)

Cuz snapshotting hasn't been nerfed.
Reply Quote
So disappointed that we go back to 1.03....

Stack HP stack armor stack all resistance..........
Reply Quote
Lol we're never going to hear the end of it from Nyan now! :P
Reply Quote
So disappointed that we go back to 1.03....

Stack HP stack armor stack all resistance..........

Not really.

My barb is currently at 700k DPS lol.

With... 2.8m EHP.

But you get the idea.

It's all about what difficulty you want to play at.

If you stick just to masters. You're fine with more DPS and lower resistances, but if you want to tackle the hardest content. Even with 2.8m EHP it's still pretty insufficient.
Reply Quote
11/20/2013 07:20 AMPosted by Wannabee808
Lol we're never going to hear the end of it from Nyan now! :P

I talked to nyan about it.

Yes. He can snapshot. But Snapshotting RF assumes you can stay in a position indefinitely.

^Really bad idea for RoS Imho because the game is now built around strategic positioning (in the higher difficulties).

Lower difficulties you can scrub it out and facetank no biggie.
Reply Quote
Sounds like we finally get challenging game play. Sounds like they're getting it right finally.
Reply Quote
I know you said your EHP is at 2.8 but what is your damage reduce at?
Reply Quote
11/20/2013 07:28 AMPosted by Wannabee808
I know you said your EHP is at 2.8 but what is your damage reduce at?

They factor all defensive attributes in.

Toughness = EHP.
Reply Quote
Hmm ok guessing this is like our current EHP where life is factored in. That's a bit disappointing it's not separate. How well is life regen working? I have a few friends in the 4k range will this still be useless (I'm guessing it will at higher difficulties)?
Reply Quote
Uber, I meant can you try using health globes?

Can you try out HOTA birthright (much better since drops are nerfed) along with battle cry swords to plowshares?

I'm saying gobble them jelly donuts for sustain
Reply Quote
Uber, I meant can you try using health globes?

Can you try out HOTA birthright (much better since drops are nerfed) along with battle cry swords to plowshares?

I'm saying gobble them jelly donuts for sustain

I already mentioned.

Getting into HoTA range = suicide.

Waiting for health globes to spawn = definite suicide.

Also the globes don't spawn anywhere near you. ( i think they're based off the size of the mob.) I tried it off Adria, so hard to actually get the globes unless my PUR = 30.

PUR now rolls for like 2 on armor.
Reply Quote
pur also a paragon value you can up?
Reply Quote
What did your global plvl come out to be?
Reply Quote
11/20/2013 07:49 AMPosted by Fourty2DNAD3
pur also a paragon value you can up?

Yes.

11/20/2013 07:50 AMPosted by Pitbull410
What did your global plvl come out to be?

Mine came out to be 164.

To put things into perspective.

Druin's Plevel = 182.

Jaetch = 223.

You divide their paragon levels by 4 to determine how many points they have extra over mine per paragon point type.

Jaetch has about 15 points per type more than me.

equates to about 3 crit chance or 3% skill reduction... you get what I mean. It isn't much for the amount of effort required.
Reply Quote
Mine came out to be 164.

To put things into perspective.

Druin's Plevel = 182.

Jaetch = 223.

You divide their paragon levels by 4 to determine how many points they have extra over mine per paragon point type.

Jaetch has about 15 points per type more than me.

equates to about 3 crit chance or 3% skill reduction... you get what I mean. It isn't much for the amount of effort required.
4 seconds ago

roger that, thank you for the answer
Reply Quote
What about the way we used to play in 102? Stacking a lot of eHP and sacrificing damage to be able to face tank. I imagine that with a shield you can generate a lot of fury which can make up for the lack of dps of your set, while allowing range chars from your party to have better/safer positioning.

Skills that we aren't using right now like ignore pain, war stomp, threatening shout, war cry might come in handy if we want to go melee.

I just can't imagine that blizzard designed the game in a way where a barbarian can't go melee even with defensive gear.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]