Diablo® III

beta profile error

when i try to create beta profile, I download the program which testing my system pref. and when i click on send button i got an error message "There was a problem sending your system information to Battle.net. Please check your internet connection, close all application and try again. For further assistance please visit Battle.net."

I close all apps and remove cookies from safari try again but same failure message. And i change my browser to firefox. got same message.. why i got this message?

thank you
Edited by Antiokhos#2781 on 11/20/2013 2:23 AM PST
Reply Quote
Same problem for me( on an admin account for the mac and with good internet connection), even after disabling the security applications like requested...
Has anyone got a solution?

Thanks
Reply Quote
I also found in my beta profile, that the main graphics processor was listed as Intel 4000.

It's NOT! I have a discrete graphics chip (NVIDIA GeForce GT 650M) built into my 15" Macbook Pro that I always use for D3! (It defaults to use that!)
Wondering if that will affect my chance at getting to play the BETA d3..
Reply Quote
Same problem here too and my graphics card (780M 4GB) isn't recognized correct either.
Reply Quote
Same same same same than OP
Reply Quote
MVP - Technical Support
View profile
For those of you that are having issues with the discrete GPU being detected, you need to disable automatic graphics switching before you run the beta profiler app. Once you've done so and sent the info (assuming Battle.net isn't throwing a hissyfit), you can reactivate the graphics switching.

MacBook Pro Graphics Switching (Late 2010 and Later):

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT4110
Caution: This cookie bites back.
Reply Quote
11/25/2013 01:23 AMPosted by TheTias
For those of you that are having issues with the discrete GPU being detected, you need to disable automatic graphics switching before you run the beta profiler app.

Thanks for the advice but I'm using an iMac which doesn't have that option unfortunately.
Reply Quote
For those of you that are having issues with the discrete GPU being detected, you need to disable automatic graphics switching before you run the beta profiler app. Once you've done so and sent the info (assuming Battle.net isn't throwing a hissyfit), you can reactivate the graphics switching.

The new rMBP with discrete graphic card also doesn't come with that option (checkbox) in energy saver either.

Maybe apple disabled this function in mavericks
Reply Quote
MVP - Technical Support
View profile
You might be able to use gfxCardStatus, found at the link below, to switch manually between GPUs:

http://gfx.io/
Reply Quote
Already tried that, forced to use discrete card and no dice :(

system profile still picked up as intel iris pro with 2.15G ram (which is not true)

I got the nvida GF GT 750m with 2 G ram discrete and intel iris pro with 1G shared ram

11/25/2013 08:08 PMPosted by TheTias
You might be able to use gfxCardStatus, found at the link below, to switch manually between GPUs:

http://gfx.io/
Reply Quote
MVP - Technical Support
View profile
It may simply be that the beta profiler needs an internal update then. I'm pretty sure gfxCardStatus does work the way it's supposed to. So it's either a beta profiler issue or a Mavericks issue. And given the problems with multiple displays, I wouldn't rule out Mavericks being a major problem for those that are using it.

Don't get discouraged though - when selecting beta participants, the two primary factors are OS version and machine model, since Blizzard keeps an internal database of GPU specifications per model.
Reply Quote
11/25/2013 10:29 PMPosted by TheTias
Don't get discouraged though - when selecting beta participants, the two primary factors are OS version and machine model, since Blizzard keeps an internal database of GPU specifications per model.

Nice but I guess that even with the incorrect detected GPU we all still can't upload our profile. That's still the case here at least.
Reply Quote
11/25/2013 11:44 PMPosted by NioN

Nice but I guess that even with the incorrect detected GPU we all still can't upload our profile. That's still the case here at least.

I was able to upload my profile when I first got this new mac about a month ago. But now it doesn't work anymore.

And that must be on the bliz end since nothing was changed on my end.
Reply Quote
MVP - Technical Support
View profile
I just updated my profile and it works fine. I might try it on my Hackintosh to see if it's an unknown device error preventing upload or something on Blizzard's end. If it uploads on my Hackwell Pro, then it's on the Battle.net side of things that the problem lies.
Reply Quote
Just tried turning off the automatic switching, rebooted, and re-ran the bata profile. It still does not correctly list my discrete graphics card/chip in the BETA profile..

Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]