Get the Desktop App for Battle.net Now
- All your games in 1 place
- Log in once
- Automatic game updates
I´m really thankful for uploading a vid for me UJ, but unfortunately I couldn´t figure out what I needed :D
It is probably my fault that in my last post I didn´t repeat the guidelines. I really don´t want to bother you but mind doing another one? No need to upload if you can view the recording yourself in slow motion.
1. No Life Regen, Laek, LpFs, simply no healing sources except LoH -> write down or show total LoH value in inventory details. In the vid it seems like you have 249 Regen.
2. No Bleed and Thorns because we don´t know how they work in RoS yet.
3. Act 1 first waypoint draw 1 monster towards you (the big zombie is ideal) and let it hit you at least once so you´re not at full health.
4. Use RLTW and drop a single tornado to hit the monster and instantly put your mouse cursor on (over) your health globe to see how much each individual tick will heal. We need to see the actual health globe values. The healing per tick is simply health after tornado tick minus health before tornado tick.
Tip: Make the test easier with Wrenching Smash and its Stun so that the monster doesn´t move out of the tornado until you see at least 2 LoH ticks on your health globe.
5. No need to upload a video, just view it in slow motion to be able to write down the health gain per tick. All you need is 1 or 2 ticks.
6. Divide the healing value per tick by your total LoH (inventory details) and you get the proc coefficient.
7. Bonus check. If you´re able to view frame-by-frame (for example Media Player Classis) you could count the number of frames between two damage ticks with a lot more than 1.00 aps (the higher aps the more apparent difference in frequency). If it still scales with aps you´d get <20 frames between ticks. An even simpler is go slowest aps you can without any IAS slots and then highest aps you can with as many IAS slots and visually confirm increased frequency.
Sounds difficult on paper, but only takes like 2 minutes. I feel bad for asking you to do tests for me like this but you have free will and can always just say “no” ;)
Edited by Nubtro#2147 on 11/22/2013 6:41 AM PST
Actually vid should come up sometime soon.
Video is here:
Thanks this is much better.
Holy crap...they weren´t joking with the "proc coefficient is 10x too high" talk half a year ago.
You had 1533 total LoH
Each tornado tick healed you for 8-9 life.
The beta proc coefficient of RLTW is roughly 0.0055 or 14.5x less than today (0.08).
Now the puzzle is complete. No ITF, ToC, Hurricane, Ruthless, weaker Weapons Master and almost non-existent RLTW proc coefficient. I guess they really hate WW Barb with a passion :/
EDIT: The only other conclusion would be a LoH penaly like the Life Steal one but his was on Normal difficulty which is what, the lowest one?
Edited by Nubtro#2147 on 11/22/2013 9:45 AM PST
IMO they changed the aps scaling of the procs on Wicked Wind not the proc coefficient itself. At least that´s what I read in the Wiz forums. But the people who did the test weren´t under guidance of an experienced tester, but still...
Both Barb and Wiz got hit by the largest nerf bat so far. We knew they would do something, but honestly I only expected this RLTW proc coefficient nerf not the deletion of most of the skills in the build. Overkill :/
Edited by Nubtro#2147 on 11/22/2013 9:50 AM PST
They nerfed the proc coefficient for energy twister:wicked wind by around the same amount.
Yeah, taking a closer read, that's correct, but it makes little difference effectively. i.e. what they did is just as bad or worse than nerfing the proc coefficient. Wizards won't be able to recover health nor generate arcane power effectively with wicked wind.
I do think that wizards and barbs are going to enter the expansion in the worst shape. I think they've both been over-nerfed as it usually goes. They already did the same to demon hunter multiple times in 2012, so I guess it's to be expected.
Edited by silverfire#1855 on 11/22/2013 10:18 AM PST
Watch Ziss's stream. He has a wand that removes the cooldown on explosive blast. (lol)
Same as everyone else. Globes, and pots. He locks down mobs with wormhole to reduce damage. Rely on synergies between legendaries like health globes on crushing blow proc or health when taking fire damage. etc.
some players ( think? I am not sure ...) are already close to 1m HP ...
I really dont see how Loh is ever going to be a usefull stat in RoS with such insane amounts of HP. And if people can reach such HP, then there will be monsters that do high damage (thats a given no?). I guess even if you stack LoH like crazy, I am not sure if its worth to throw one stat in to it. If they dont nerf it (which they probably will ...) then the legendary that has a chance to spawn health globes with each crushing blow might become a mandatory. Another streamer is almost invulnerable thx to that.
And here i thought Wayneold and especially Silverfire would be happy about this change...
Now that they can play these "new" pre 1.03 style builds :P
primary -> primary -> primary - primary -> spender -> and repeat while you keep spamming your revenge button =)
Don't forget rend zzzzzzzzzzzzzz
Agree. If this is even close to how the skills will work for Barb and Wiz when ROS goes live, it's pretty disappointing.
And yes, how much LOH would someone need stack for it to be viable when people have ridiculously high HP pools? Is it even possible at this point? If I remember correctly, there wasn't a drastic increase in LOH values. Is the best way going to be pots/globes at this point? I haven't been able to keep track of all the new information coming out the past couple of days.
Who ever said I wasn't happy? Sprint should be a mobility skill, not a massive damage dealer and resource generator wrapped in one. Edit- I should add life leecher to the list for pre-1.05 when you could get massive sustain purely from LoH through sprint tornadoes.
Sprint:rltw is probably the most broken rune in the entire game as it is. There's no way they intended or even envisioned that anyone would be using it the way we do today.
I'm sure perma ww is going to be possible. There will probably be "ww barbs" if the skill ends up being useful enough.
The distinction is that the ww barb of today isn't just a ww barb. It's a ww+sprint+perma wotb barb. With the majority of its damage not even coming from ww but rather from tornado farts (lol)
And from what I'm reading on the forums (can't look at streams atm) it looks like some barb streamers have already broken the game anyways.
It's inevitable that the top players will be facerolling everything in 6 months-1 year after the expansion launches, with all of the classes, whether rltw is nerfed or not.
Edited by silverfire#1855 on 11/22/2013 3:20 PM PST
From the streams I watched, it is but requires decent gearing. The guy I watched was doing insanely fine without even abusing the empowerment shrine + 1 hour shrines legendary.
He used something like:
○ WW:Hurricane - it serously pulls everything towards the barbarian. It's probably what will make kiting classes love having a barbarian in the group, he simply pulls all the aggro from most of the screen.
○ Avalanche:the rune that reduces cooldown by 1 per 15 Fury spent (instead of 25) combined with Earthern Might (passive that grants 50 Fury whenever Avalanche is cast).
○ Overpower:Momentum - perfect synergy when the barbarian can pull the whole screen to himself.
All he had to do was spin to pull everything, avalanche when needing fury, and constantly spam overpower. Only issue was with single target but he had frenzy for that - and because he had like 50-60% crushing blow.
Another thing I see being insanely powerful for barbarians in RoS are those rings that grant immunity to certain elements, specially poison and fire, combined with Superstition. The combination basically grants the barbarian infinite fury as long as he is standing on the effects, given the high proc they have.
I won't even get into the whole idea of using Animosity and the legendary pants that grant additional resource generation while moving for a close to 1.5 fury gained multiplier. =P
There's so much insanely powerful stuff that I'm glad they're running a beta.
Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.
Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.
Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.