Diablo® III

Perfect 5 Discussion thread: For Barbs.

Much appreciated Nubtro!
Reply Quote
How much does reroll cost now?

Any idea how the crafting cost scale with each try?
Reply Quote
Up to BlizzCon all the shown footage and screenshots showed the first enchanting gold cost of the item going up by 1/6th every time. So the 2nd reroll costs the first reroll+ 1/6th of the 1st reroll. 3rd reroll costs the first reroll+ 2/6ths of the 1st reroll. Always adding up 1 more additional 1/6th of the original gold cost per additional enchant.

At the time I theorized that the formula will remain the same but the starting cost may be tweaked. I haven't checked to see if they've changed it since then.
Edited by dominatus#2534 on 11/23/2013 8:52 AM PST
Reply Quote
Ok thanks...

So now for CHD, most of the gear will rolled 25% at max other than new ammy for loot 2.0 am I right?
Reply Quote
11/23/2013 06:07 AMPosted by Nubtro
2 different stat rerolls = No.

What do you mean by this? Rolls like Int/Vit and Str/Dex?

11/23/2013 09:30 AMPosted by Guts
So now for CHD, most of the gear will rolled 25% at max other than new ammy for loot 2.0 am I right?

CD caps are the same at level 70.
Reply Quote
11/23/2013 11:01 AMPosted by mzy
2 different stat rerolls = No.

Nope it was a response to the question whether he could reroll two affixes. in his example both life% and vitality (I used the term stat but affix would´ve been more appropriate).

I´m still unsure how mixed is rerolled, that´s why in my 3rd request to UJ I asked to see some of our old items rerolled at the Mystic. All we know is that there is no mixed attributes on the new items.
Reply Quote
11/23/2013 11:36 AMPosted by Nubtro

Nope it was a response to the question whether he could reroll two affixes. in his example both life% and vitality (I used the term stat but affix would´ve been more appropriate).

I´m still unsure how mixed is rerolled, that´s why in my 3rd request to UJ I asked to see some of our old items rerolled at the Mystic. All we know is that there is no mixed attributes on the new items.

I know there is no mixed affix on new items... but the problem is what happen to existing mixed affix should we enchant them.

CD caps are the same at level 70.

The CD amount per affix still the same for new items?

I rmb seeing someone comment that they haven't seen any CD affix on gears that exceed 25% (other than ammy)
Edited by Guts#6167 on 11/23/2013 12:04 PM PST
Reply Quote
So if I'm understanding this correctly, I could potentially reroll the INT on my Tal chest for massive strength...and reroll the dex on my Inna's pants for massive strength???
Reply Quote
11/23/2013 05:51 PMPosted by Bloodyzbub
So if I'm understanding this correctly, I could potentially reroll the INT on my Tal chest for massive strength...and reroll the dex on my Inna's pants for massive strength???

Yes
Reply Quote
11/23/2013 07:19 PMPosted by Uberjager

Yes

Dear Lord....that's AWESOME....Thnx Uberjager.
Reply Quote
Kripp just rolled these pants....possible help to a WW build maybe?
http://i.imgur.com/cOYhXBF.jpg
Reply Quote
11/23/2013 09:18 PMPosted by MASKOAA

I have these.

They're all right. Not too shabby. But I still prefer innas.
Reply Quote
11/23/2013 09:18 PMPosted by MASKOAA

Seeing these types of items is pretty cool, regardless. Seeing the various items dropping with specific skill boosts depending on how you play are what I want to see. I want to start having things drop that make me go "hmm, what sort of build could I come up with that would really take advantage of the affixes on these items?"
Reply Quote
@nubtro, can I copy your primary and secondary affixes list on a EU thread?
Thx!
Reply Quote
11/25/2013 09:12 AMPosted by Death
@nubtro, can I copy your primary and secondary affixes list on a EU thread?
Thx!
This?
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/10660145966?page=4#62
Sure but better cross reference it with or link the new data
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/10671087311?page=2#21
which also shows some of the Primary stat ranges

I collect the data for everyone not just myself ;)
Edited by Nubtro#2147 on 11/25/2013 10:06 AM PST
Reply Quote
Yes, exactly this, thanks!
I know u are working for the community, but I preferred ask u anyway!
Reply Quote
Reposting blue response to a "current mats in RoS" question for those wondering what will be useful and what not.

http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/8715392622#19
I hope for a blue to answer this. From the streams it seems only brimstone is used of those mats we have now. My question is if we can upgrade 10 to 1 our current materials into ROS materials? Otherwise there is absolutely no reason to play anymore. You can farm exp, but it doesnt seem to yield many paragon levels account wide unless you farm several para100s. And if gold, current items AND mats dont matter in ROS, why play (other than to kill time)?

That is actually a hard question to answer at this moment in time OioxFûl, because crafting in Reaper of Souls is still under development and as such is subject to change.

One of the big goals with Loot 2.0 is to make items more exiting and feel more rewarding, and we would also very much like to reduce the "meh" factor as much as we can. So what we are aiming for is to make item upgrades, whether they come from monsters or crafting, feel like they are earned though rewarding gameplay.

In that regards, we have some concerns about what might happen if people could hoard vanilla materials now for later conversion into RoS materials—If people could do such a conversion from old to new materials, then we think there would be a very real risk that people would near instantly craft their way to potential BiS gear shortly after the expansion is out, and thus if you could craft your way to the top right from the get go, then that would bypass or severely diminish the sense of progression and reward you would otherwise get from hunting for gear upgrades and crafting mats.

When Reaper of Soul goes live, the current plan is to convert your existing original crafting materials into what is currently the Inferno crafting tier, which will let people continue to craft all the items that they have access to now. Then once people start seeing new item tiers past level 61, those items will then be salvageable into new crafting materials that can be used to craft level 61 to 70 items.

Again, things may change, so this plan should not be considered as set in stone.

It´s clear what their philosophy for the expansion is and it makes sense if they want to motivate even then current die hard vanilla players to keep farming. That doesn´t change the fact that it hurts to see our current item hoarding bring almost no benefits to the expansion. Oh well, we´ll adapt.
Reply Quote
I'm still not going to dump my stockpile of current mats because of their 'intentions'. If RoS hits and they're all completely useless, so be it, but I have a feeling (or at least a hope) that will not be 100% the case.
Reply Quote
Anyone know if there's a limit to how many of these affixes (CDR/CB/RCR/Splash) can roll on the same item? They all share the same item slots.
Edited by dominatus#2534 on 11/25/2013 12:22 PM PST
Reply Quote
Thanks for the link, Nubtro. I think I'll just maintain a decent DE supply, but I'm not going to hoard other crafting materials. I understand the reasoning behind those actions if it is in fact what they end up doing.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]