Diablo® III

Shadow Power is useless?

All I see is people whining about shadow power being nerfed... Good! a mobile DPS class shouldn't be able to face tank like they can now. Throw on some gloom and players are so god damned lazy. Kite!!! and qq.
Reply Quote
11/23/2013 01:59 AMPosted by TastySouP
leave NS alone! :@:@:@:@:@:@:@:@

Come down. hahaha

You haven't even finish reading...

11/22/2013 12:43 PMPosted by KirusAlufras
would suggest switching
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/class/demon-hunter/passive/perfectionist
or
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/class/demon-hunter/passive/night-stalker
That gives us some kind of bonus after spending Discipline or gaining Discipline.

The idea I had in mind were:
When you gain discipline with NS you also gain another bonus, ie movement speed and dodge. When you spent discipline with Perfectionist you gain a bit more damage or root/snare effects.

You can continue the read here, more on shadow power suggeting battle tactic.
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/10673937371
Reply Quote
How was the performance of the SP + Multi-shot combination?

11/23/2013 01:39 AMPosted by Narull
I'm still using SP at lvl 70, but I'm only running through Torment 1 and I admit I suck.

I still find it useful.
Reply Quote
Blood Moon Heals 10,929 Life per HIt

but people are playing with 400k-500k life
Reply Quote
Not really. Now there is a legendary bracer grands you extra moving speed temporarily when you hit some objects.

11/22/2013 10:02 PMPosted by METATRON
Shadow glide is the only worth using anymore though for just that the utility lol the rest don't provide enough utility to be worthwhile anymore.
Reply Quote
11/24/2013 03:36 PMPosted by evilrayman
Not really. Now there is a legendary bracer grands you extra moving speed temporarily when you hit some objects.

Shadow glide is the only worth using anymore though for just that the utility lol the rest don't provide enough utility to be worthwhile anymore.

yea but thats if you find it lol also you might want to use other bracers instead of those ones. Shadow glide is the only one worth using due to its utility still outside of that the rest just dont provide enough utility to make them viable right now. They should just remove shadow powers healing and return it to what it was before the game launched where it increased attack speed and provide further utilities to the other runes.
Reply Quote
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/10660265964?page=1#new-post

she used it constantly, tanked like a boss, and I never saw her die...
Reply Quote
11/24/2013 04:12 PMPosted by DethAxe
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/10660265964?page=1#new-post

she used it constantly, tanked like a boss, and I never saw her die...

she was barely playing hard mode, shadow power is useless now to heal when 10k healing is nothing compared to 600k hp lol. Shes now using only SS, every DH streamer is using SS with healing vapors and Brooding to sustain themselves. shadow power is dead
Reply Quote
I don't know what the original shadow power looked like.
Maybe they are working on a new model associated with something like "shadow energy"
one of the three features for Demon Hunter as presented in Blizzcon

11/24/2013 03:53 PMPosted by METATRON
They should just remove shadow powers healing and return it to what it was before the game launched where it increased attack speed and provide further utilities to the other runes.
Reply Quote
Maybe they are working on a new model associated with something like "shadow energy"
one of the three features for Demon Hunter as presented in Blizzcon

They should just remove shadow powers healing and return it to what it was before the game launched where it increased attack speed and provide further utilities to the other runes.

it was purple wings that gave 20% ias and we liked it

if they went with a mult (Aps * 1.2) or something sophsiticated like a flat +0.33 aps i'd be impressed
Edited by zoid#1554 on 11/24/2013 5:36 PM PST
Reply Quote
11/24/2013 05:26 PMPosted by evilrayman

You can check it out at wiki

basically it wasn't a Defensive Skill but a Hunting Skill that added massive attack speed

Draw in the power of the shadows, increasing attack speed by 30% for 8 seconds.
http://www.diablowiki.net/Shadow_Power

We all know that the devs have cut the old aps in half. I think if it must stay as a defensive tactic it need to change. LS is healing which improves our survivability in combat but the tiny 10k LoH only heals about 1-2% of a player's maximum life.

On the other hand we can gain 15% maximum life every 2 seconds given you have the discipline to cast SS.
Edited by KirusAlufras#1739 on 11/24/2013 5:40 PM PST
Reply Quote
The original one makes more sense.
But disc is designed for defensive skills, so...

basically it wasn't a Defensive Skill but a Hunting Skill that added massive attack speed

Reply Quote
11/24/2013 08:55 PMPosted by evilrayman
The original one makes more sense.

That's why they made it into a DEFENSIVE kind of skill, because Discipline is supposed for defensive skills. But won't it also make sense that for RANGED people, the best defense is a great offense? I mean.. why the fck would you let people go NEAR you when you're supposed to be killing them BEFORE they get to you.

Right?

EDIT:
It's like, nerf Sniper Rifle, too long range. Melee 1shot Knives can't compete :3
Edited by Chrizzle#1390 on 11/24/2013 9:03 PM PST
Reply Quote
11/24/2013 08:55 PMPosted by evilrayman

NO... and

11/24/2013 09:02 PMPosted by Chrizzle
Discipline is supposed for defensive skills.

NO...

Discipline is used to fuel many of your tactical and defensive skills.

All discipline skill on our bar can be convert into damage. Some can add crowd control. Some can add movements or resource.

Discipline is NOT only good for defense they were designed to be build changer, but most of the dh in the game doesn't care to learn how and go with active and leech and stay in position while melting down mobs = zero action. The devs want to get rid of that and LS is their scapegoat.
Edited by KirusAlufras#1739 on 11/24/2013 9:09 PM PST
Reply Quote
11/24/2013 09:07 PMPosted by KirusAlufras
Discipline is NOT only good for defense they were designed to be build changer, but most of the dh in the game doesn't care to learn how and go with active and leech and stay in position while melting down mobs = zero action. The devs want to get rid of that and LS is their scapegoat.

I know what I said, but they said it also that it's mostly made for DEFENSE. That's why they nerfed back Trail of Cinders and Caltrops. They said it's doing insane amounts of damage or proc'ing stuff too good for a supposed DEFENSIVE skill ;) I can't link you the exact topic but that's what they said.

anything about JS and ToC nerf.. I can remember >_< Dreaded 1.03.. fck that 0proc JS -.-

ANYWAYS.. I really did enjoy when I say that people are actually moving now.
Reply Quote
11/24/2013 09:12 PMPosted by Chrizzle

ANYWAYS.. I really did enjoy when I say that people are actually moving now.

The players I've seen are only moving because they'll die. If they could just stand there I'm sure they would, as it takes more effort to play at ranged in this game and will likely always be that way.
Reply Quote
11/24/2013 10:32 PMPosted by ActionKungfu
The players I've seen are only moving because they'll die. If they could just stand there I'm sure they would, as it takes more effort to play at ranged in this game and will likely always be that way

In that sense the DH is probably the most broken class defined. The Devs and Players are at a loss as to what this class represents. Monks had an over haul in 1.07 which promoted high power mobility tank. Rapid Fire buffs made DH into the zero mobility Artilary Turret class of all time..

Beside a few players able to play DH as they want and the harder road less travelled.
Reply Quote
In that sense the DH is probably the most broken class defined. The Devs and Players are at a loss as to what this class represents. Monks had an over haul in 1.07 which promoted high power mobility tank. Rapid Fire buffs made DH into the zero mobility Artilary Turret class of all time..

And wizard in RoS are Master of many elements (almost all of their skill can be converted into arcane, fire, cold, or lightning. Taking away mobility from sprint/ww (not talking about WotB) barbs turn into furious ground smashing hammers. Witch doc gain multiple stacks of everlasting dot that can control the battle field in chaos. Demon Hunter are left behind with their "range weaponry" but haven't learned a way to keep their enemies at bay...
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]