Diablo® III

RoS : There is HOPE my friends

I'm still worried though that even at lvl 70 with some newer gear he's still struggling a bit on expert mode, that's two entire difficulties lower than where he could be lol. Something tells me our skills need to be hitting a lot harder
Reply Quote
They doubled the damage of almost all the hatred spenders I liked that... one thing that really put me down were the new passives... don't seem like i'm gonna use any of them.
I liked the new Ballistics with 100% more damage from rockets. Can't wait to try out my old rocket build with increased sentry, multishot and clusted arrow.
And DHs need to drop shadow power, the skill is kinda useless now since dh scale poorly with LoH, maybe the new way to sustent is using the new rune on smoke screen that heals for 15% life, use that with some discipline regen from crits and I think we're good.
OMG can't wait to try myself this new content, these streamers are just stucked with the old popular builds;
Reply Quote
MVP
View profile
Okay, okay... I'll stream a DH for a bit after work. I'm currently level 66 with about 580K unbuffed DPS and 1.4M EHP. Still trying to figure things out. Vengeance OP, just in Master mode until I hit 70 for Torment.
Twitter: @Jaetch
Reply Quote
11/21/2013 11:33 PMPosted by Jaetch
Okay, okay... I'll stream a DH for a bit after work. I'm currently level 66 with about 580K unbuffed DPS and 1.4M EHP. Still trying to figure things out. Vengeance OP, just in Master mode until I hit 70 for Torment.

Nice! I was watching your wiz stream yesterday and I enjoyed it.
Reply Quote
11/21/2013 11:33 PMPosted by Jaetch

Nice! I'm so gonna watch.
Reply Quote
Jaetch, we have a list of things we'd love you to try out :P
Reply Quote
View profile
I'm also looking at dex = dodge (its much lowered in RoS). It seems that the devs NEVER want us to have 100% dodge even when it only avoid low damage attacks...
Reply Quote
11/22/2013 12:19 AMPosted by KirusAlufras
I'm also looking at dex = dodge (its much lowered in RoS). It seems that the devs NEVER want us to have 100% dodge even when it only avoid low damage attacks...

Isn't there a new sharpshooter-like passive with dodge, that goes up to 100%?
Reply Quote
11/21/2013 09:33 PMPosted by Chrizzle
Sorry but..

http://farm6.staticflickr.com/5479/10985985896_f1693c8273_o.png

+ Archon's face is just epic.

OMG that bow....reroll that holy damage!
Reply Quote
View profile
11/22/2013 12:20 AMPosted by bearr

What's the name?

We have 2-3 passive in RoS but I don't know anything about them.
Reply Quote

There is. It seems even more terrible than Sharpshooter though.

I mean, Sharpshooter at least "guarantees" a crit, which might help with killing a certain monster and thus reducing the overall threat at the time. The dodge passive let's you dodge a single random attack occasionally. It may be a super hit from some elite or it may be a little stab from some trash mob, you don't know and can't control it. Horrible.
Edited by NihilVerum#2118 on 11/22/2013 12:49 AM PST
Reply Quote
11/22/2013 12:47 AMPosted by NihilVerum

I mean, Sharpshooter at least "guarantees" a crit, which might help with killing a certain monster and thus reducing the overall threat at the time. The dodge passive let's you dodge a single random attack occasionally. It may be a super hit from some elite or it may be a little stab from some trash mob, you don't know and can't control it. Horrible.

It may not be THAT useless. Why? Getting enough DEX to increase your Dodge.. then get that Passive to further increase your dodge. Sure it's just 1 and then gone.. But 4% DODGE is really hard to get the higher you get to.
Reply Quote
11/22/2013 12:47 AMPosted by NihilVerum

We don't really know how it works when no one even attempted to try it from what I've seen.

IMO, I think we should keep in mind that new skills/passives/items etc are designed around each other. Looking at the new passives on surface for example, doesn't really tell us much because there may be legendary affixes that will make you want to slot one of those passives. Not to mention skill synergy in general, where some things look terrible by themselves, but combined with a few other skills, some paragon points in CDr, stuff on gear etc, that bad skill on paper could be really freaking good in that spec.

It's like that in the current game, where "new" synergies are still cropping up with better ways to use said skills after 18 months of release with not-so-good itemization. We're not going to know the true potential of our class in RoS for a while, and the current streamers aren't really attempting to build synergies, but rather play through content to answer generalized questions and have some fun.
Reply Quote
It's like that in the current game, where "new" synergies are still cropping up with better ways to use said skills after 18 months of release with not-so-good itemization. We're not going to know the true potential of our class in RoS for a while, and the current streamers aren't really attempting to build synergies, but rather play through content to answer generalized questions and have some fun.

That's why we need more "experimenters" on Beta.. sadly.. there aren't any and Vicky's doing a really good job but it won't beat the chance that we'd get to experiment it ourselves.
Reply Quote
11/22/2013 01:46 AMPosted by Chrizzle

That's why we need more "experimenters" on Beta.. sadly.. there aren't any and Vicky's doing a really good job but it won't beat the chance that we'd get to experiment it ourselves.

she did her best though and honestly helped out a lot showing the new stuff.

As of right now though that zero cooldown FOK and buffed LfB and Cluster bombs is SICK! not to sure about the buffs to impale though, ricochet has some much potential though with enough cost reduction. a lot of our skills though basically are the same with slightly more damage but not enough to be honest i think lol. All impale runes should pierce i think

I do see my self playing like good ol vanilla launch styles though, free Covering fire to kep range, stepping, SS, and LfB FTW.
Reply Quote
@METATRON, look what you did, Dezien's really going full blast with stutter stepping XD
Reply Quote
Offtopic, but can I ask, are we allowed to add a socket to weapons in RoS by replacing one of the item affixes?
Reply Quote
11/22/2013 02:42 AMPosted by fathom
Offtopic, but can I ask, are we allowed to add a socket to weapons in RoS by replacing one of the item affixes?

I think, yes. I remember seeing.. either Modz or was it Kongor do it. i could be 100% wrong though :D
Reply Quote
11/22/2013 02:17 AMPosted by METATRON

As of right now though that zero cooldown FOK and buffed LfB and Cluster bombs is SICK!

Did anyone try out a high crit chance Strafe/0 FoK/Shuriken Cloud build yet? On paper this looks like huge AoE damage if they haven't changed proc coefficients for demolition.
Reply Quote
[quote="106580366764"][quote]

True. Although I'm too jaded to hope for much in the way of making those useless skills and passives useful. This was their chance to throw us a bit of a bone, yet they pretty picked the worst effects for those new passives.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]