Diablo® III

~Voice your thoughts over RoS DH~

View profile
Let’s make this thread specifically to address the issues we find wrong with the DH class. It is obvious that the general consensus is that DH class is lacking behind. The DH class for RoS should be a competitive class that makes a player really consider playing it and knowing it can be at par against other classes.

I truly want to get the developers attention so please post your thoughts and ideas. Let’s discuss and argue, but not troll.

If you don’t have much too say at least sign so that developers know we are concerned about the DH’s future.
Edited by KingBenjamin#1485 on 11/22/2013 3:16 PM PST
Reply Quote
Id say on the hole. Preparation H feels good.
Reply Quote
well i still haven't seen a proper DH streamer yet...so anybody with good gear...and actual skills attempt to play the expansion with loot 2.0
Reply Quote
11/22/2013 02:18 PMPosted by xSTARREDGEx
well i still haven't seen a proper DH streamer yet...so anybody with good gear...and actual skills attempt to play the expansion with loot 2.0

http://www.twitch.tv/fernandovescovini

hes the best we got so far

and to be honest all the DH streams i have seen struggle on master even the good DH's and some have to tone it down to hard while all the other classes are already facerolling torment. DH is HEAVILY under powered, for example impale still sucks, it has tons of potential with ricochet but the damage is TERRIBLE. Other classes have genrators that hit harder than our spenders lol. We moved 1 step forward in DPS and 3 steps backwards in everything else.

Blizzard honestly has no idea what they are doing with the class, ever since launch they have been nerfing and taking away anything we use.

be it NT, smoke screen, trail of cinders, caltrops proc, now its shadow power, next to useless in ROS. So they take all these skills away and try to say we should be a ranged class but they dont give us the big damage buffs we need to actually play ranged effectively compared to the other classes. They BARELY and i do mean BARELY boost our damage output. A lot of our skills need some serious rethinking on how they work not only a small % based damage boost.

I am actually quiet concerned that blizz just dropped the ball on our class AGAIN and if we dont voice an opinion about it they will just let ROS come out and say good luck deal with it for another year like they did last time.

Hell its jsut sad watching Moldran stream our class and hes only doing hard mode -___-
Edited by METATRON#1945 on 11/22/2013 2:35 PM PST
Reply Quote
View profile
Only class I haven't seen struggling yet is the Crusader. Which is interesting, because that's the new kid on the block, so you'd think people would be struggling to find out what moves go with what.

Also, playerbase as a whole is monkey-see-monkey-do, so whatever Kripp, Moldran, or Kongor are doing, every will and play exactly the same way even on other classes that don't even play that way.
Reply Quote
This is very early in the game, there will still be a closed beta (starting around the end of the year) with even more players testing the game and we should see the breadth of players types grow.

Also there will be patches for ROS and those will go up on the PTR for anyone to test who wants too.

Finally, we are forgetting the big patches for vanilla D3 which will also go up on the PTR, there will be re balancing happening then as well.

There is still time because we are on Blizzard time, and that's glacial pace. Balancing was still happening in D2 many years after launch. I never thought the barbarian would change so much but it is, along with many other things both large and small.
Reply Quote
11/22/2013 02:33 PMPosted by METATRON
http://www.twitch.tv/fernandovescovini

Guy doesnt look like he has much of a scooby doo about what hes doing with a DH :/

He's dying all the time with no life leeching skills in use.
Reply Quote
View profile
How about these
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/10660146036?page=1#7

Just some gasp of what I wanted to see. More build synergy (on blizz side not player skill) that supports better range play and passive orientation.

The only change I saw in beta RoS right now (that is pleasing) is SHADE it is wonderful and exactly what I have been asking for months. Rain need to be expand to all its runes and not get stuck on *no-rune.

Some times it feels that blizz is forgetting that the class has 2 resources.
Reply Quote
What do you expect. Half our skils are useless. The ones that are useful they nerf. Entagling shot sucks, needs to aoe chain a group. Traps are like 5 yards wide, the big damage dealers cost way too much hatred, most builds have to have a strong focus on disc just to stay alive. Uninspired and weak passives, no death cheating abilities.

They could completely scrap:
Entagling shot
Grenades
Chakrams
Evasive Fire
Impale
and i dont think there would be that much outcry.

Even of the skills that are left there are only a handful that actually work in end game situations as well. Probably a better idea to just roll a crus when RoS comes out and stockpile gear for DH for if/when they are actually fun to play again.
Reply Quote
Our spenders need to be on par with other classes. Simple. That means SAME NUMBERS ON THE TOOL TIP blizzard. Please and thank you.

Make cluster Arrow hit like bells for monks. When they got that huge buff it was "make it worth while to spend the resource" UHHH HELLO!!!!!!?? DH OVER HERE??? Its not worth it to spend resource on anything.. compared to other classes and their "heavy hitting" skills.

Its like, this game is a melee game and the DH should have their own completely different range game called "Blizzards redheaded stepchild". No offence to the red headed population.. sorry.

We should get 50% increase damage at range. Ya 50. Because you can only be at range 20% of the time... I know, stepping. I know how to play at range myself. Its how I love to play. But its so stupid that our class is not rewarded for playing its own freaking role. Instead we are punished. They gut our best skills time and again. I've lost faith. I'll still play the class come ROS.. but with a broken heart </3

That and RETURN OUR BLOODY SMOKE SCREEN TIME LENGTH. SMOKE SCREEN IS WHAT OUR CLASS WAS BUILD AROUND. lksdjfkl;sdajfds;lkfjdsaklf;jdsafk;lasdjf

Had to all caps it. Maybe blizz can read it easier... Man watching all the streams gets me pissed off at blizzard.
Reply Quote
The biggest thing for me is the 30% damage penalty our class receives along with the Wizard, and Witch Doctor. I really hope this leaves the game so damage can come through game-play and to some extent gearing. With heavier hitting monsters this sounds like more than a penalty, its sounds like perma-one shotting.
Reply Quote
From what I've seen, we just got worse in ROS... them streamers cant go for 3 minutes without dying...messed up
Reply Quote
From what ive seen the mobs are swarming you even quicker than normal, at the moment so Steady Aim might be harder to use. Especially since caltrops havn't changed. While other CC abilities aren't doing a great job either.

And the new DH passive awarness deal an extra 20% crit hit chance to an enemy with no other enemies within 20 yards...WTF seriously WTF there are no monsters that are 20 yards away from other monters, the DH's ive seen have to kill a swarming mob to get to that 1 single demon standing by himself.

From the looks of that passive it's worse than Hot pursuit in current D3
Reply Quote
11/22/2013 04:05 PMPosted by bob778
From what ive seen the mobs are swarming you even quicker than normal, at the moment so Steady Aim might be harder to use. Especially since caltrops havn't changed. While other CC abilities aren't doing a great job either.

And the new DH passive awarness deal an extra 20% crit hit chance to an enemy with no other enemies within 20 yards...WTF seriously WTF there are no monsters that are 20 yards away from other monters, the DH's ive seen have to kill a swarming mob to get to that 1 single demon standing by himself.

From the looks of that passive it's worse than Hot pursuit in current D3

lol yea blizz gave us the shaft with that passive, it would only be good for bosses LOL!

The more i see ROS the more i think we might be doing even worse at end game than we do now compared to the other classes haha. The gap between classes was bad before but now its ridiculous. We all know blizzard hates DH's but come on seriously thats too much hate lol...
Reply Quote
now that diablofans has released some of the set bonuses info i have to say i am VERY dissapointed in what DH's are getting. Seems like barbs got 3 sets and we got stuck with...

wait for it....

the SAME bonuses on nats set. the ninja set which is only really good at the 2 set bonus range and Dannetas two set bonus which makes vault cost hatred... LOL! Fail :[

at least the wizard tals 4 set still sux harder than ours i suppose..

http://www.diablofans.com/

check diablofans with all the set bonuses info so far
Edited by METATRON#1945 on 11/22/2013 4:27 PM PST
Reply Quote
DH is in need of serious help.. and do the devs or ANY BLUES come read our forums? nope. Do they give out any beta keys to the SERIOUS DH players like the ones posting builds and ideas about new skills/tweaks?

Just no.

Around Blizz HQ.. any question about DH is answered with no.

Buff the yet? No.
Should we leave the DH smoke screen at 3 seconds? No.
Should we have them play at range? no.
Play at melee? no. nerf gloom more.

WTF do you want us to do blizz? Just delete the class from D3 then. First post up an Apology Letter to the fan base. You made a doo doo of this class.
Reply Quote
I seriously think nobody at blizzard actually plays or mains a DH, they all seem to main barbs wizards etc so they are completely out of touch with this class.
Reply Quote
11/22/2013 04:26 PMPosted by METATRON
now that diablofans has released some of the set bonuses info i have to say i am VERY dissapointed in what DH's are getting. Seems like barbs got 3 sets and we got stuck with...

wait for it....

the SAME bonuses on nats set. the ninja set which is only really good at the 2 set bonus range and Dannetas two set bonus which makes vault cost hatred... LOL! Fail :[

at least the wizard tals 4 set still sux harder than ours i suppose..

http://www.diablofans.com/

check diablofans with all the set bonuses info so far

Wait.. WHAT?!

8 Hatred for VAULTING? >_< DUDE!! THAT'S EPIC!.

Marked for Death- Mortal Enemy gives 4 Hatred per Damage Source. Shuriken Cloud + 1 Chains of Torment = unlimited Vaulting.

Get Trail of Cinders and viola. A build. Though.. yeah.. we're still lacking.

Cindercoat, Magefist+ that Bracer for Fire Damage. If that'll boost Trail of Cinders damage then that's a nice skill combination.
Reply Quote
LOL! well at least you got the right attitude! We will vault them to death! MUHAHAHAHAAHA :P

maybe just maybe we will get trail of cinders back to its original state but i somehow doubt that. we can only dream fellow DH's we can only dream lol
Edited by METATRON#1945 on 11/22/2013 4:52 PM PST
Reply Quote
11/22/2013 04:52 PMPosted by METATRON
LOL! well at least you got the right attitude! We will vault them to death! MUHAHAHAHAAHA :P

maybe just maybe we will get trail of cinders back to its original state but i somehow doubt that. we can only dream fellow DH's we can only dream lol

Well.. since the game's launch, I've been using a DH and tried other classes but I just couldn't just bare with them.. I don't really know why but that's a fact.

No matter how DHs suck even at RoS, I'd still use my little masochistic !@#$%.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]