Diablo® III

~Voice your thoughts over RoS DH~

View profile
I think before blizz start telling us (literally) they hate the class we will become Devs Haters...

The set items from beta are under test and nothing has been re-evaluated to ilvl70 yet (the old stuff).
Reply Quote
Almost all demon hunters I've seen so far are very undergeared.

All the DH streaming right now are sub 1 million DPS. Yet I saw this modz guy leveling his DH to 70 and he had over a million DPS with almost all his armor still non-expansion pieces. There's still much more potential it seems so I don't know what, if any, conclusion can be made right now.

The melee range thing really worries me though. Enemies seem really fast and quite a few of the new enemies have charging attacks that allow them to get up close quite easily.
Reply Quote
11/22/2013 07:21 PMPosted by OhHellzNo
Almost all demon hunters I've seen so far are very undergeared.

All the DH streaming right now are sub 1 million DPS. Yet I saw this modz guy leveling his DH to 70 and he had over a million DPS with almost all his armor still non-expansion pieces. There's still much more potential it seems so I don't know what, if any, conclusion can be made right now.

The melee range thing really worries me though. Enemies seem really fast and quite a few of the new enemies have charging attacks that allow them to get up close quite easily.

modz is doing torment lvl 6 with only 700k dps so was archon. Its the class dude lol

The mere fact that we still probably need at least double the DPS of every other class just to even start competing in eDPS tells you that blizzard did nothing to help our damage output. They really need to give our skills more damage, impale at 200% is just said an it only gets worse.
Edited by METATRON#1945 on 11/22/2013 7:31 PM PST
Reply Quote
View profile
No experience with ROS - no opinion yet
Reply Quote
11/22/2013 07:26 PMPosted by METATRON
modz is doing torment lvl 6 with only 700k dps so was archon. Its the class dude lol

And that's really underpowered for that difficulty level, ergo no conclusion can be made..........
Reply Quote
View profile
11/22/2013 07:45 PMPosted by OhHellzNo

And that's really underpowered for that difficulty level, ergo no conclusion can be made..........

someone loan him some gear so he can farm quicker?
Reply Quote
View profile
If you guys haven't noticed I would like to make a point.

A lot of our dps is inflated by aps so you don't really see that much damage on screen.

Our 2 hands weapons are faster but a lot weaker, our 1 hand weapon are inferior, our backpack adds speed but not dmg. To opt a players ability I think we need to use skill that focus on speed. Can everyone think and come up a list of skills (6 skills), anything that gives multiple 'ticks' in one instance.

I got my list but...
Reply Quote
11/22/2013 07:45 PMPosted by OhHellzNo

How can you not start to speculate in tht conclusion? If class A and B can do torment 6 solo with 700k DPS yet DH class can barely do torment 1 with 1m DPS (more than class A or B and even if inflated by Attack speed it should still fall in line with 700k then it is safe to assume it should be able to do as well as classes A and B on the same difficulties. Problem is it cant

Which leads me back to the speculation that blizzard needs to still buff our damage multipliers to be on even ground otherwise were going to repeat what we have in live where DH's are forced to have double the DPS to compete in eDPS and forgoe some EHP in order to achieve said DPS.

The point being blizzard still hasn't addressed that issue, all they did was move the goal posts for us higher but they also moved them for the other classes leaving us in the same position comparitavily lol
Reply Quote
From now on Im going to call this class A DEMON HUNTED. I guess its a proper name, isnt it? I cant say which one is a pray and which is a hunter, lol.
Edited by Pariah#2376 on 11/23/2013 1:11 AM PST
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Hunter
I LOVE DH, but I am a pretty casual D3 player.

I've spent some years now playing Blizzard games, and for quite a while they have had what I would call an extreme over-estimation of the advantages conferred by being a ranged class. They have implied and stated out-right how 'advantageous' they believe being ranged is. Unfortunately, this over-estimation hits DH extra hard with three big balancing issues.

First, the 30% native damage reduction for Monks and Barbs. While this may just seem like a buff for those classes, it's still something that has to be balanced around. Mobs must be created that are going to be a threat to Barbs and Monks, but doing so makes them 30% more threatening to DHs, Wizards and WDs. 30% is a big deal. I only play DH, so I honestly can't speak to Wizard and WD.

Though it's only speculation, I believe that DH's relatively low damage modifiers on skills may also be a purposeful balancing step. Since the class has to attain considerably higher paper-doll dps in order to achieve the same effective dps as other classes, we have to sacrifice quite a bit of eHP in order to do so.

Finally, mobs are created to specifically be a threat to ranged classes. Naturally fast mobs, the Fast elite affix, and mobs with teleports, charges or other auto-gap-closers. While these could also pose issues for non-ranged, they are a direct counter to ranged class, especially DH.

Blizzard's philosophy regarding a ranged class (specifically DH), which produces the aforementioned balancing steps, ultimately results in the class having eDPS issues, deaths that can feel 'cheap' and an inordinately high skill-cap. I bring all of this up because I believe that it will never change. Blizzard is trying to balance the class on a knife's edge, and they will always err toward the class being under-powered, rather than chance it becoming over-powered.
Edited by N7Mizuko#1608 on 11/23/2013 1:14 AM PST
Reply Quote
Just play Crusader and face tank + %#*%#*@% everything easily.
Reply Quote
View profile
One complaint that I hope they look into is that bombardment needs to go over "wallers" and most anything in front of them. I'm sure this has been mentioned before but I think it is crucial they get this fixed for RoS. This is a skill that suppose to go over things and "wallers" acts as the "Great Wall of China"...

I'd appreciate it very much Devs :)
Reply Quote
11/23/2013 04:23 AMPosted by KingBenjamin
I'd appreciate it very much Devs :)

Sorry, no Devs here. They don't go into the Dead Man's Land.. errr.. DH Forums.
Reply Quote
Looks like I'll be playing plain old vanilla D3, no RoS for me.

While I would very much like to buy RoS, instead I'm casting a vote of No Confidence in the Dev's Team ability to properly fix anything.
Reply Quote
11/23/2013 04:42 AMPosted by Slay
Looks like I'll be playing plain old vanilla D3, no RoS for me.

While I would very much like to buy RoS, instead I'm casting a vote of No Confidence in the Dev's Team ability to properly fix anything.

60$ made was enough for me to play it for more than a Year.. if RoS comes out.. if it's priced right, I'll buy it.

Though I'd probably do 100% experimentations.
Reply Quote
Why do monks get zero cooldown 7sided strikes on a 2hander and we get reduce cooldown by 1 second rain of vengeance 2hander? -____-

at end game their weapon still can be used at end game our weapon is basically full cooldown lol. Blizzard seems to design our class with only low difficulty efficiency in mind haha
Reply Quote
View profile
Vengeance needs a shorter cooldown imo. Like 60 secs vs the current 90.
Reply Quote
View profile
11/23/2013 11:02 AMPosted by METATRON
Why do monks get zero cooldown 7sided strikes on a 2hander and we get reduce cooldown by 1 second rain of vengeance 2hander? -____-

at end game their weapon still can be used at end game our weapon is basically full cooldown lol. Blizzard seems to design our class with only low difficulty efficiency in mind haha

I agree, RoV needs a much shorter cooldown. I'll take a hatred cost of like 15-20 if the CD was reduced to something like 15 secs.
Edited by BurningJC007#1355 on 11/23/2013 11:32 AM PST
Reply Quote
Any good reason not to have Attack speed back on Shadow Power as originally was?
Reply Quote
It's hard to judge DH with all the broken mechanics in the beta atm like crushing blows, crusader lazers and barbs raining health globes. I will wait for a few patches before I make judgement.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]