Diablo® III

Demon hunter seems to be doing well after all

http://www.twitch.tv/datmodz

Modz is doing great in Torment 1. Yeah!
Edited by bearr#2157 on 11/23/2013 8:53 PM PST
Reply Quote
The difference between torment 1 and say torment 5-6 is HUGE, were not out of the blue just yet. Also there's a lot of skills and runes that blizzard needs to rework or further buff. Impale is a perfect example of this, it's still a terrible skill considering it's mostly single target the damage it does is terrible, the crusader has higher damage AOE ranged generators than impale that costs is 25 hatred.

There's more like our terrible new passives (the single out passive is horrible for everything except maybe bosses lol, 20% damage when there's zero enemies near a 20yrd radius of the monster? Never happens since things swarm right now lol) but impale is one of the big ones considering blizzards developer interviews suggested they knew it was a bad skill and would be buffing it to make it appealing yet here we are in beta and it's still pathetic.

Just think we need to compile a list of skills and runes we feel are still underwhelming and bring them to the attention of the developers for further buffing or reworking of their mechanics while we can before ROS is released.
Edited by METATRON#1945 on 11/23/2013 9:12 PM PST
Reply Quote
View profile
bearr you are funny you mind telling me why you think Modz is doing great...

I saw a demon hunter with
1.5m dps
15m ehp

He looks great but that does mean the class is doing great when no new synergy are adding to skills. A lot of our item bonus seems to be very powerful like the new calamity. But that doesn't mean our skills are balance, not even within the class itself.
Edited by KirusAlufras#1739 on 11/23/2013 9:14 PM PST
Reply Quote
Things changed a lot when he rerolled 12% RF to 13% cluster bombs. He has the 1-2 piece gear reduction of set bonuses (ninja set i think). Hes using spikes to lure them and Cluster bombs. I think frost arrow can compete with +%cold skills and cull of the weak, especially after i saw that bow EA adds 3 hatred. Still waiting to see infinite strafe build.

But META is right our other skills need a total work over. Chakram, impale, our passives, etc. Add hes also doing torment 6 as of right now, but its with a group
Reply Quote
Well, the class doing well and having skills perfectly balanced is two things. From what I see on the stream, a Demon hunter can:

1) Tank in torment,

2) Kite in torment,

and in both cases do great, depending on the gear, but of course.

I agree that there are some skills that need work. But maybe we should stop whining (myself included) that our class is bad and, like METATRON wrote, make a list of things that need a change and why.

Impale is one, and also the passive Single out (?), although they probably justify it by saying it's for bosses.

Edit: Is the wolf good now?
Edited by bearr#2157 on 11/23/2013 9:29 PM PST
Reply Quote
Wolf dies easy still sadly even with three of them out lol they are better but I would still much rather use the boar as meat shields especially if there is three of them.

That said I wouldn't exactly say DH's are tanking they can stand around take a few hits while SS is up or wearing an absorb ring or vengeance with healing but tanking like we do now on live with shadow power is miles ahead of the "tanking" we do in beta. But I honestly think it's a good thing, no class should be outright tanking (crusader shouldn't be able to tank torment 6 but they are OP right now lol)

Every class shouldn't be tanking the hardest mode they should be moving thinking tactically etc but that's not the case just yet for crusader and some exploit barb builds but I hope they fix all that soon and bring back the challenge into the game. Also keep in mind crushing blow is OP I doubt it will be as good come release and a lot of the streamers DH included are stacking it and doing much better but without it they wouldn't be doing so well.

There are plenty of skills that need reworking though and hopefully we can get those things looked into before ROS releases.
Edited by METATRON#1945 on 11/23/2013 10:42 PM PST
Reply Quote
I agree with you METATRON.

We should be working on this list of runes that are useless, and if it's well written, I'm sure Blizzard will take a look at it.

I agree too that DHs (and others) shouldn't be able to tank. I hate DH tanks...
Reply Quote
I'd go with Tasker and Ferrets.
Reply Quote
View profile
Anyone seeing that unlimited cluster bomb build it's really OP.
Reply Quote
He needs a barb to do that, the barb is supplying him with the health globes to restore his resource
Reply Quote
View profile
The Game looks really stupid now...

I can see why the devs nerfed HB pickup yards and did not wrote an response to me post... http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/10587458914
Reply Quote
View profile
11/23/2013 10:06 PMPosted by KirusAlufras

I can see why the devs nerfed HB pickup yards and did not wrote an response to me post... http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/10587458914

I really don't think we're getting the full picture, it's still a beta and there will be balancing between now and release. Shrine gloves for example are so overpowered it's ridiculous.
Reply Quote
View profile
I always wonder why the devs can't see stuff that is broken before they release them to the public... if it breaks game balance they should have known that when they added it. Isn't these process part of the design.
Reply Quote
View profile
Okay I think I have a conclusion for that broken ninja set.

Mob just stand around 'confused' but not moving towards the traps... might be a scatter problem because we have 3 traps calling out "hit me" "hit me" "hit me"
Reply Quote
11/23/2013 10:21 PMPosted by KirusAlufras
I always wonder why the devs can't see stuff that is broken before they release them to the public...

That is so wrong. It's another way of complaining that Blizzard is allowing us to watch normally secret gameplay. I'm really grateful that Blizzard allowed the community to 1) play, and 2) stream it.

They have so much work to do and of course things will pass through. Believe it or not, it's hard to make a game.
Reply Quote
11/23/2013 10:00 PMPosted by BurningJC007
Anyone seeing that unlimited cluster bomb build it's really OP.

How is snapshot LS infinite RF any different?

These items actually make unpopular skills like cluster arrow viable again.

And we haven't seen the rest of them other legendary affixes yet.

11/23/2013 10:06 PMPosted by KirusAlufras

The game doesn't look stupid, it looks FUN.
Reply Quote
11/23/2013 10:25 PMPosted by KirusAlufras
Okay I think I have a conclusion for that broken ninja set.

Mob just stand around 'confused' but not moving towards the traps... might be a scatter problem because we have 3 traps calling out "hit me" "hit me" "hit me"

I think what's worse is the fact that ninja 4 set bonus is found on a 1 set legendary chest. Lol! Why biter getting four set ninja set when you can get two set ninja set then beckon sail cloak and basically get four set ninja set with just three pieces and still get two set bonus.

4 set ninja bonus needs to be something godly to make it more attractive tbh
Reply Quote
11/23/2013 10:46 PMPosted by METATRON
4 set ninja bonus needs to be something godly to make it more attractive tbh
Suggested bonus: Smoke Screen cost no discipline.

Your a friggin ninja right? Give us uber ninja skillz.
Reply Quote
That might be too much XD

But I'm not against it. LOL

We actually need something BROKEN to be somewhat on par with Barbs and Crusaders from what we're seeing.

Or.. just let us equip Maces :3 You know why I want that XD
Reply Quote
Guys... barbs are doing great just because of this legendary that gives perma-ignore pain, which will get nerfed for sure.

Crusaders seem to be doing just fine because of similar mechanics, it appears, and will get nerfed.

I think you should stop asking for broken mechanics, and instead criticize our class more properly. Asking for obviously broken stuff weakens your demands to reworking on the class and if we do get broken stuff, we'll only get nerfed later...
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]