Diablo® III

Demon hunter seems to be doing well after all

11/24/2013 05:53 PMPosted by DiEoxidE
Honestly, the 2pc ninja working like it does just shows how stupidly small the activation range on traps are.

The range appears fine. If you're good at using traps now then the lure is a bonus effect that helps your game play, which is all it really should be IMO.

range isn't fine, face tanking is fine more like it. So far I'm starting to notice more of pattern in streaming where demon hunter going back to its roots of tanking using different builds. So we're half way there but not there.

the damage of our spells need to be further increased especially anything long range, I don't understand why our melee range spells do more damage compared to long range.
The pathing of chakram needs to be changed on ALL runes. muiltshot another example, why can't it be useful as it was in d2? damage needs to be increased, hatred reduced even unless we get bow that removes its cost?
I don't even know what impale suppose to do. was it even improved and whats it used for, honestly. our passives especially new ones not at appealing at all, very little changes to any other passives we currently have.
Reply Quote
11/24/2013 05:53 PMPosted by DiEoxidE
Honestly, the 2pc ninja working like it does just shows how stupidly small the activation range on traps are.

The range appears fine. If you're good at using traps now then the lure is a bonus effect that helps your game play, which is all it really should be IMO.

It's been like that, right? O.o Or I was just very used to in using it that I just instinctively put it at the enemies feet? XD
Reply Quote
11/24/2013 07:27 PMPosted by Krak

range isn't fine, face tanking is fine more like it. So far I'm starting to notice more of pattern in streaming where demon hunter going back to its roots of tanking using different builds. So we're half way there but not there.

the damage of our spells need to be further increased especially anything long range, I don't understand why our melee range spells do more damage compared to long range.
The pathing of chakram needs to be changed on ALL runes. muiltshot another example, why can't it be useful as it was in d2? damage needs to be increased, hatred reduced even unless we get bow that removes its cost?
I don't even know what impale suppose to do. was it even improved and whats it used for, honestly. our passives especially new ones not at appealing at all, very little changes to any other passives we currently have.

I was talking about the activation range on the set bonus, which IMO is fine. You may have some frustration with what you are seeing, but I'm not the one to take that out on.

Personally, I couldn't careless what the current streamers do with the little bit of experience with a DH. I think it's silly to think these people actually dictate the way you think you're going to play, looking at the earliest version of beta at that which is NEVER the final product, ever. Hell, when I first entered these forums, I didn't let the common notion of the community dictate the way I theory-crafted about the DH and I sure as hell didn't change my play style (which people thought was virtually impossible) just to fit in with the rest.

The answer to your second paragraph is simple. Range has the initiate advantage of dealing damage before a character playing melee can (granted the ranged player is any good). If the ranged skills had way higher damage than the melee counterparts, then there would be absolutely no reason to play at melee range, ever, since it takes longer to start dealing damage, it would do LESS weapon damage and you can't take advantage of certain passive/skills. It would kill diversity (contrary to popular belief, I actually want melee range specs to still exist, all styles should IMO).

The pathing on Chakram has changed a little bit if you looked at some the runes demonstrated in some of the streams, so I don't know what you're getting at here. Multishot is useful right now in vanilla, and it's getting a damage buff with reduced hatred cost with a passive that's going to make the last rune quite potent. Sorry, Multishot will never deal the damage of lets say bells, because it hits more targets on the screen than any other skill AND it's instant, which has more value than most people see. Impale is definitely overshadowed in today's game play, but I have yet to see any streamer attempt to use the "newer" impale effectively, therefore my opinion on it is indifferent, due to paragraph 2 of my post.

Unlike the other classes, our class has always been the class that's only as good as the player using it. This won't change in RoS. For those complaining about not having broken builds "like the other classes" should just go play the "other classes" (along with the players that think we aren't viable or its just too hard) and leave the real players to continue to pioneer the DH class like it's always been done.
Reply Quote
View profile
(>^^)>
Reply Quote
11/24/2013 09:24 PMPosted by VocaloidNyan
(>^^)>

<(^^<)
Reply Quote
11/24/2013 09:14 PMPosted by DiEoxidE
Hell, when I first entered these forums, I didn't let the common notion of the community dictate the way I theory-crafted about the DH and I sure as hell didn't change my play style (which people thought was virtually impossible) just to fit in with the rest.

Damn.. it's like how I said it >_< And how exactly how I'll post it. You stole my brain for a minute? O.o

11/24/2013 09:14 PMPosted by DiEoxidE
Impale is definitely overshadowed in today's game play, but I have yet to see any streamer attempt to use the "newer" impale effectively, therefore my opinion on it is indifferent, due to paragraph 2 of my post.

Impale's free. Calamity + MfD-ME + Impale Reduction gears. It's like.. Entangling shot without the slow though but deals higher damage.

The problem with streamers is that they don't.. wait for it.. EXPERIMENT. They see someone do this, they copy.. I mean.. I get my hands on that Calamity, I can make ALL Hatred Spender to work and viable on ANY build. But let's not forget the fact that Cookie Cutter builds that are innately insane in terms of synergy will exist. example would be the RF-SP.

Unlike the other classes, our class has always been the class that's only as good as the player using it. This won't change in RoS. For those complaining about not having broken builds "like the other classes" should just go play the "other classes" (along with the players that think we aren't viable or its just too hard) and leave the real players to continue to pioneer the DH class like it's always been done.

Sorry but.. I'm seeing Broken Builds for DHs too, not as broken, but still, Broken XD

11/24/2013 09:51 PMPosted by DiEoxidE
(>^^)>

<(^^<)

EDIT: They removed the EDIT TIMER. Thank god.
Edited by Chrizzle#1390 on 11/24/2013 10:04 PM PST
Reply Quote
View profile
11/24/2013 10:03 PMPosted by Chrizzle
Sorry but.. I'm seeing Broken Builds for DHs too, not as broken, but still, Broken XD

shh--- sh---
the devs should not know about mdf and all those other potential 'good' stuff...

and just adding to DiE's

Multishot is awesome and it gets better the faster you can shot.
Got a slow xbow got with ball lightning (push-in stacking)
Got a fast bow or bolt pistol use Multishot (rec 3.01 aps)
The skill covers 1/6 of the screen. Line the mob up and they all die.

If you haven't see its beauty try this
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/demon-hunter#j!aYT!a
no vault and no sp-shadow, please walk unless you are going get over 70% base cc.
Reply Quote
Impale's free. Calamity + MfD-ME + Impale Reduction gears. It's like.. Entangling shot without the slow though but deals higher damage.

You mean Ricochet? Ya i like the concept of the rune.

The problem with streamers is that they don't.. wait for it.. EXPERIMENT. They see someone do this, they copy.. I mean.. I get my hands on that Calamity, I can make ALL Hatred Spender to work and viable on ANY build. But let's not forget the fact that Cookie Cutter builds that are innately insane in terms of synergy will exist. example would be the RF-SP.

Correct. It's hard to hate on the streamers though (outside of experience). I mean they are generally just trying to get through content because of all the newer bells and whistles are very intriguing at first.

Also contrary to popular belief, a good number of the Cookie Cutter builds do not have great synergy. Usually it's "hey lets take the highest weapon damage skills and put them into a build" which ends up working fine *IF* given the perfect scenarios, the effort required is next to *zero* and can clear "relatively" quickly. It's the reason why skills that don't appear good on paper gets no love, because it requires effort to theory-craft their usefulness into synergy with something else.

Efficiency takes a backseat to effort for most people. Don't believe me? Take Nyan's snapshotting for example. It is by far the most efficient style out there for DH's, and it cost way less to gear for it's effectiveness than any other build, yet only roughly 7 people are doing this. Why? Because it actually requires effort and the player to be decent to use it well. Taking huge advantages of several "broken mechanics" that can crap on other classes in certain situations, but..... doesn't get much love. People would rather pay much more and farm slower with a "normal" Fapid Fire spec due to the ease of use and possibly the "lesser of the two evils" in terms of stale game play.

Conclusion: Actually having to "play" the game and make decisions in battle is overrated and it's super unfair that blizzard forces our class to have to learn our mechanics and be able to actually use them. What blizzard doesn't understand is that this is a loot game, and the following should be happening:

1. Loot should be dropping after every 10 steps. Each one of those items must roll GG stats because having to play the game is stupid.

2. Mobs should die every time I blink at the screen. When I play a DH, the mobs better die faster when I blink than the other classes. Each mob should drop a set item and should be already ID'd and automatically sent to my stash.

3. Did I mention this is a loot game? Player controlled action in a loot game is retarded, blizzard has no idea what they are doing and should just get rid of it and remove the BoA so we can play Loot Tycoon 3 with our friends.
Edited by DiEoxidE#1987 on 11/24/2013 11:10 PM PST
Reply Quote
I didn't even bother reading because I know it makes sense. LOL

Seriously though.. it's like very FEW of us(DH Playerbase) knows how DHs really work.. or.. well.. I just experiment :P
Reply Quote
View profile
Ease of use and path of least resistance is also "efficient", though.

Nyan's gearswapping is efficient in killing but not in usage(for some).

If you have to use your dominate hand while playing, it isn't efficient. It's far better resting on your junk in a forward and backward motion or in a bag of bbq lays.
Reply Quote
11/24/2013 11:10 PMPosted by Chrizzle
I didn't even bother reading because I know it makes sense. LOL

Seriously though.. it's like very FEW of us(DH Playerbase) knows how DHs really work.. or.. well.. I just experiment :P

Ha, I know it's a wall of text, but it's a result of holding back the past few days from just saying it like it really is.

11/24/2013 10:16 PMPosted by KirusAlufras
and just adding to DiE's

Multishot is awesome and it gets better the faster you can shot.
Got a slow xbow got with ball lightning (push-in stacking)
Got a fast bow or bolt pistol use Multishot (rec 3.01 aps)
The skill covers 1/6 of the screen. Line the mob up and they all die.

If you haven't see its beauty try this
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/demon-hunter#j!aYT!a
no vault and no sp-shadow, please walk unless you are going get over 70% base cc.

Multishot with Thrill of the Hunt is so freaking good for crowd control. Btw, do we know if CDR reduces cooldown on a passive like Thrill of the Hunt? One of the few things I've been really curious about.
Reply Quote
View profile
Chrizzle why you leave TS? :(
Reply Quote
View profile
Multishot with Thrill of the Hunt is so freaking good for crowd control. Btw, do we know if CDR reduces cooldown on a passive like Thrill of the Hunt? One of the few things I've been really curious about.

Don't know about that CDR but the skill is now 5 second delay so pretty much the time I spent all/most of my hatred and switch to a generator or move to pick up globes.
Reply Quote
http://www.twitch.tv/ibleeedorange dh whos trying torment 6 lol. hes abusing the hell out of the sentries to try to do torment 6....working so far lol. and he has the calamity
Edited by Tamman#1849 on 11/26/2013 12:24 AM PST
Reply Quote
yea im watching him, No generator using rapid fire. We all know i think by now, the calamity marks all targets that are hit. If you put mortal enemy M4D in your skill slot, all that are marked carries the skill mortal enemy, UNLIMITED HATRED....OP as HELL! I wonder if this is a bug or as intended

*** and his sentries proc hatred that are marked

Probably make a new thread on this...hope everyone sees this.
Edited by DaRkCroNo#1494 on 11/26/2013 2:20 AM PST
Reply Quote
11/26/2013 02:17 AMPosted by DaRkCroNo
hope everyone sees this.
Everyone except the blues.
Reply Quote
11/26/2013 02:17 AMPosted by DaRkCroNo
yea im watching him, No generator using rapid fire. We all know i think by now, the calamity marks all targets that are hit. If you put mortal enemy M4D in your skill slot, all that are marked carries the skill mortal enemy, UNLIMITED HATRED....OP as HELL! I wonder if this is a bug or as intended

Shhhhhhhhhhhhh.... We must keep our DH treachery amongst the shadows bretheran! Must never allow the barbs or blizzard to know our secrets of the shadows :P

We've had bad results when blizzard catches wind of anything we do that's good same with the barbs, I say we keep it hidden and amongst the few DH's we can, we don't want the casual barbs whining or coming back to this class now do we lol. Lets keep our secrets low pro this time around hahhaha
Edited by METATRON#1945 on 11/26/2013 4:41 AM PST
Reply Quote
11/26/2013 04:39 AMPosted by METATRON

Shhhhhhhhhhhhh.... We must keep our DH treachery amongst the shadows bretheran! Must never allow the barbs or blizzard to know our secrets of the shadows :P

We've had bad results when blizzard catches wind of anything we do that's good same with the barbs, I say we keep it hidden and amongst the few DH's we can, we don't want the casual barbs whining or coming back to this class now do we lol. Lets keep our secrets low pro this time around hahhaha

I'll keep my mouth shut.. I tend to blurt out OP Synergies anyways.. Sorry :3
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]