Diablo® III

DH could facetank in RoS...

check this
http://www.twitch.tv/fernandovescovini
Reply Quote
I personally don't like facetanking my DH (it makes me yawn).. rest my case !!
Edited by THIEF2004#1697 on 11/22/2013 2:43 PM PST
Reply Quote
I don't like either...but it is what I see from the stream.
Reply Quote
I've been playing Public Games MP 10 Act 4 - Act 3 forever, and I've never, ever encountered a single DH that exhibit the slightest, tiny bit of stutter stepping, never..
Reply Quote
i wouldnt call that facetanking much lol not like how people do now with shadow power and rapidfire. the moment his SS goes down hes toast most of the time.
Reply Quote
I'm perfectly happy with how ROS is, the more difficulty the better it is for me.. I never wanted any buffs for the DH since last year, and I still stand on that premise.. rest my case. DH for me, forever !!
Reply Quote
11/22/2013 03:54 PMPosted by THIEF2004
I'm perfectly happy with how ROS is, the more difficulty the better it is for me.. I never wanted any buffs for the DH since last year, and I still stand on that premise.. rest my case. DH for me, forever !!

I like this guy's attitude. :)
Reply Quote
facatanking my as*,,, dude died more times in 3 minutes than I have in 17 months.... torment I

sad day for dhs
Reply Quote
View profile
Come on...its not like the DH build or enter a battle thinking we can face tank the world. Its the result of certain environments (mp level) and make up of party members.
Reply Quote
They say DH'ers are a ranged character and that's how were suppose to play.

While my DH'er is capable of Tanking I prefer to play ranged, which is my #1 reason for dying. I move when I should just tank it out.

How are we suppose to play ranged when ranged monsters like Skeleton Archers can just spam Teleport and Shoot you from 1 foot away?

Or your actually playing ranged and you stop to shoot when Desecrator is cast under you, you move and Desecrator is just Spammed again and again.

My favorite scenario is when you enter a fight and the whole screen is suddenly filled with Freeze Balls. You move away and the new screen is again filled with Freeze Balls. The whole time your moving your having to deal with a naturally fast monster with a +Fast Affix who is trying to surround you with Illusionist. When are we suppose to be able to shoot?

Are we all required to Stutter Step? How come none of the other classes have to work so hard to fight back? If we can only fire every other second or 2 when the other classes can spam attack then why are our Damage modifiers not doubled or tripled?

Why?

I love playing the DH'er, I can't stand playing the other classes. But it seems that after every stinking patch my love is diminished a little more. Why?
Reply Quote
now we get shadow wall bro, fast is a thing of the past. WOW that rhymed XD

We get so many buffs if you play ranged, much less for a tank.
So I'm learning right now how to play ranged, gear doesn't even matter tbh/
You only need a bit of stutter stepping to survive

And yes, affixes !@#$ us up, especially RD. I set a bola on something, then it pops up as an RD and I know that i'm dead, unfotunately bola doesnt snapshot its damage against an enemy's buffs.

but as soon as it isnt on RD, its much easier to takedown, so I know we will be fine on RoS. We adapt, its what a DH does.
Reply Quote
View profile
Bring it on. Nyan already has his pants off.
Reply Quote
11/23/2013 07:26 AMPosted by VocaloidNyan

fap fap fap
Reply Quote
twitch.tv/ibleeedorange aint so bad either. RF : Bombardment + some Vortex amulet works really amazing!
Reply Quote
11/23/2013 06:37 AMPosted by Crazy
now we get shadow wall bro, fast is a thing of the past. WOW that rhymed XD

We get so many buffs if you play ranged, much less for a tank.
So I'm learning right now how to play ranged, gear doesn't even matter tbh/
You only need a bit of stutter stepping to survive

And yes, affixes !@#$ us up, especially RD. I set a bola on something, then it pops up as an RD and I know that i'm dead, unfotunately bola doesnt snapshot its damage against an enemy's buffs.

but as soon as it isnt on RD, its much easier to takedown, so I know we will be fine on RoS. We adapt, its what a DH does.

uhhhhh what shadow walls dude? they arnt in the game anymore lol just were pre alpha pipe dreams.

11/23/2013 02:58 PMPosted by Impreza
twitch.tv/ibleeedorange aint so bad either. RF : Bombardment + some Vortex amulet works really amazing!

i saw his stream for awhile i wouldnt call what he does tanking, he has SS healing vapors keeping him going mostly along with brooding and his legendary that heals em a bit, he moves a lot though which is bad for spamming RF, what really kept him going tanking was the OP elemental absorb rings which he had 2 of so he would dash into fire or poisen and stand in it to heal. While this works right now something tells me blizz will nerf those rings because everyone now just collects 1 for every element swaps when needed and stands in it and spams attacks. I doubt blizz will let that gear swapping fly.

that said though the magefist in combo with grenedier makes cluster grenades and bombardment VERY powerful together. theres a guy who was critting 3m with just cluster nades on stream with 1m DPS and a Magefist. So even though long term tanking might not be as viable the short term burst down still works great for it.
Edited by METATRON#1945 on 11/23/2013 3:34 PM PST
Reply Quote
11/23/2013 07:26 AMPosted by VocaloidNyan

nyan his mage fists he just rolled are epic.

800 dex
fire skills do 25% more dmg
45 crit damage
90 AR

some other stuff
Reply Quote
FINALLY somebody who can actually PLAY a facetank DH in RoS... she's kicking !@# too

LOVE IT

(ps. on eDPS issue, yeah, my CoB WD pulls 3m crits constantly at 270k sheet DPS... total facetank MP10, any mob, any E... :/ )
Reply Quote
she's 1m damage and 9m toughness, no hope for DH my !@#.
Reply Quote
sweet jeezus, she only played 3 days to find her gear .... just WOW
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]