Diablo® III

blackthorne?

I have baught this game when it was first released how did you guys know that I still had it and I am able to download it now? this is so awesome thanks blizzard I am not sure if this is some promotion but thanks I am now able to download blackthorne off battle.net and play it on windows you guys rock thanks so much and maybe hopefully I could play on RoS beta :)
Reply Quote
It must be a promo as I never bought it and it is on my download list.
Reply Quote
It's free for everyone.
Reply Quote
When Blizzard made awesome and darkish games.
Reply Quote
Help guys! I have been playing Blackthorne, was probably halfway through and I accidentally pressed 'NEW GAME' at the main menu and I lost my auto-saved progress. There's no way to input a password anymore, how can I return to the level I was in?

Thanks
Reply Quote
Ahh cool
Edited by SilverOwsla#1188 on 12/4/2013 8:23 AM PST
Reply Quote
nice! i still have my SNES castrigde but my console doesn't work anymore :P
this was an awesome game :)
Reply Quote
Community Manager
11/24/2013 08:45 AMPosted by Cypherz
I have baught this game when it was first released how did you guys know that I still had it and I am able to download it now? this is so awesome thanks blizzard I am not sure if this is some promotion but thanks I am now able to download blackthorne off battle.net and play it on windows you guys rock thanks so much and maybe hopefully I could play on RoS beta :)
We're glad you're enjoying revisiting Blackthorne! It was a relatively quick thing for us to throw it up on Battle.net account management, so we figured why not. :)
Reply Quote
We're glad you're enjoying revisiting Blackthorne! It was a relatively quick thing for us to throw it up on Battle.net account management, so we figured why not. :)

Really appreciate the gesture! How about throwing up a few more like Warcraft 1 & 2? :)
Edited by Viceroth#6485 on 12/6/2013 2:59 PM PST
Reply Quote
12/06/2013 02:58 PMPosted by Viceroth

Really appreciate the gesture! How about throwing up a few more like Warcraft 1 & 2? :)

Agree. They should put D1 ... maybe for some silly reason those that ppl that never played may want to *shrug*
Reply Quote
12/06/2013 02:58 PMPosted by Viceroth

I second that, these are really fun games!

(thanks for blackthorne)
Reply Quote
12/06/2013 01:41 PMPosted by Vaeflare

I play on europe and that game doesn´t exist on Battle.net account management for europe. I only find it on the us page. Why is that?
Reply Quote
Yeah! Blackthorne!! I never played it in the past, but I downloaded it recently!

Still haven't played it much. Don't have the time to play old games. It looks interesting, but I doubt I will get over the old style of the game, the controls test my patience!
Reply Quote
I still have my SNES copy. Great game. Rock and Roll Racing is better though, if we are talking vintage blizz.
Reply Quote
12/06/2013 01:41 PMPosted by Vaeflare

OMG This is great!!! Thanks a lot!

Waiting for Rock and Roll Racing :P
Reply Quote
It would be nice to have it added on the bnet app.
Reply Quote
Wait, where's the link?
Reply Quote
12/06/2013 09:08 PMPosted by DarkSpell
Wait, where's the link?

On your Battle.net account page there is a "Download Game Clients" link. Click it and scroll to the very bottom.

Edit: Windows only. US servers only.
Edited by Opiate#1943 on 12/7/2013 10:29 AM PST
Reply Quote
I used to play classic games all the time but never played through this. Thx Blizzard. Runs great.

Got that Adlib synthesis going, LOL.
Reply Quote

Preferably with high quality copies of the music (320kbps MP3's or FLAC's?) from the original Warcraft II release and not the abysmal 128kbps MP3's they used in the Battle.NET edition so they can cram the game and expansion on to a single disc. (Same request for Warcraft III, but I prefer the music from Warcraft II more as it's more engaging and interesting and less mind numbingly boring atmospheric crap)

Warcraft III was when they started making atmospheric music for their games and is alright, not great but not terrible either. Pretty much every game after that however makes extensive use of atmospheric music and it's really, really dull to listen to while playing those games.

Diablo III tried to be engaging I guess? But I personally can't stand the music in that game and Starcraft II music is mainly atmospheric with a few glimmers of the masterful Starcraft music hinted throughout the tracks constantly reminding me of what we used to have :/
Edited by SirSteel#1419 on 12/6/2013 10:30 PM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]