Diablo® III

Reaper of Souls for Xbox 360/PS3

With the expansion coming out next year, will it be available for the Xbox 360 and PS3? Can a blue respond please?
Reply Quote
I had a similar question last week. No one has an answer and Blizz had been quite about it. So, we have no idea but I hope a blue responds because I would like an answer.
Reply Quote
Ya i have searched for an answer as to whether it is coming out for Xbox but i am getting no answer, please answer if you know.
Reply Quote
yes but not for a LONG time. they said they are only working on one console right now(ps4) but yea it will be after ROS comes out on PC and even yet it will be a while after ROS on pc comes out.
Reply Quote
My concern is that i've been playing D3 since relase, and found I liked the console version better, so i bought it after playing the demo. So I have bought Diablo 3 twice for myself (3 times if you count buying a copy for my now ex gf.) There was no transferring of characters from pc to console. And now it seems I'll have to buy a PS4 (was going to anyways but still) and ANOTHER copy of D3 for that system? Why can't there be a 10$ upgrade for vanilla D3 like other companies have done....CoD:ghosts...battlefield 4.....I mean you really did release D3 very close to next gen releases...that would have been the considerate thing to do for consumers. Reaper of Souls should be a DLC for consoles. It's an expansion pack for PC..... some answers would be nice. I have a digital downloaded version of d3 for ps3...this shouldn't be a hard thing to sort out with the PS4 being more pc like than ever.
Reply Quote
This would be an awesome feature I hope they support and go through with. My Battlefield 4 and Assassins Creed IV games both came with digital upgrades for PS4 once I get it after xmas. Can't wait! That $10 upgrade would be awesome.
Reply Quote
I think we will see it, after all its not a major graphical overhaul, just new content. If they can take all that time porting over D3 to console, I'm sure they will do the same with ROS : )
Reply Quote
Community Manager
11/23/2013 11:29 AMPosted by saiyan4life
With the expansion coming out next year, will it be available for the Xbox 360 and PS3? Can a blue respond please?

We've announced the Ultimate Evil Edition for Playstation 4 which will feature Reaper of Souls content, but that's the only news we have to share at this time.
Reply Quote
Community Manager

We've announced the Ultimate Evil Edition for Playstation 4 which will feature Reaper of Souls content, but that's the only news we have to share at this time.
Reply Quote
your killing us Grim....how close are we to some news??
Reply Quote
100 Orc Shaman
02/14/2014 03:37 PMPosted by Grimiku

We've announced the [url="http://us.battle.net/d3/en/blog/11502590"]Ultimate Evil Edition[/url] for Playstation 4 which will feature Reaper of Souls content, but that's the only news we have to share at this time.

Mhmm, yes, you've announced it. Now please clarify the release window timeframe ;)

Need diablo on my vita ASAP. :(
Reply Quote
02/14/2014 03:37 PMPosted by Grimiku

We've announced the [url="http://us.battle.net/d3/en/blog/11502590"]Ultimate Evil Edition[/url] for Playstation 4 which will feature Reaper of Souls content, but that's the only news we have to share at this time.

I hate to have to say this, but Blizzard is a console developer...again...finally, which means the old "it'll be ready when it's ready and we don't talk about things" stance has got to go because that's not how console developers do things. And you know, of course, that Blizzard was originally a console-centric developer: Blackthorne? Lost Vikings? Rock n Roll Racing?

In the console realm, it's okay to release info early...it's not really going to help any competitors, and THAT is how you create goodwill and buzz in the Console realm. Sure you may have gotten away with. "We have no announcements of when the next game/expansion comes out" to build up expectation over YEARS in the PC realm, but PC gamers tend to be more single developer or single-game gamers. That's not how it works in the console realm.

Sure, Blizzard has been a little more talkative these days...but it's time for the closemouthed behavior to go, the same way Blizzard being PC-only went away. And yes, I know one of the reasons blizzard is so closemouthed is because Blizzard is so SLOW as a developer...but that's got to go too. You're a console developer again, it's time to get that console developer get up and go worth ethic going...time's a wasting. If Square-Enix can develop/maintain TWO MMO's (on multiple hardware platforms no less) while revamping one, release several large single-player games on multiple platforms and do portable games as well...then Blizzard can do the same. Blizzard just needs to start thinking like a console developer again.

So yes it's long past time to say whether the PS3/360 gets RoS, in fact that should have been announced the same day the PS4 Ultimate Evil Edition was whether the answer was:

"PS4/Xbox One are the only consoles getting RoS on this EXACT date in 2014. We WILL release on schedule or heads will roll. Sorry but we just couldn't pull it off on the PS3/360"

or

"RoS will release on PS4/PS3/Xbox 360/Xbox one on this EXACT date in 2014. We WILL release on schedule or heads will roll."

And if Blizzards development teams don't know by now whether RoS will work on the PS3/360...they should. If that's the case then THAT is a symptom of how Blizzards Standards as a developer have fallen since going PC only and losing the old "console developer get-up-and-go".
Reply Quote
sucks to see blizzard abandon a freshly released game on the ps3 and work a deal with sony to force people to buy a ps4 if they want an expansion pack. ~$500+ for an expansion(system + game + controllers)? hell @#$%ing no.
Reply Quote
02/14/2014 11:14 PMPosted by Kaesden
sucks to see blizzard abandon a freshly released game on the ps3 and work a deal with sony to force people to buy a ps4 if they want an expansion pack. ~$500+ for an expansion(system + game + controllers)? hell @#$%ing no.

It's not that simple... there are huge technical limitations with the ps3 and xbox360.
RAM: the gimped RAM quantities limit the ability for the devs to randomize act 5.
Video card: the new legendaries, New skills, and updated effects all cost visual power... the last gen consoles are 7 years old. At this point in time people don't ever run pcs that old.
Non installed versions: patch 2.0.1 is greatly modifying the core game. Many of these features are loaded into ram via the disc and a console patch can only do so much without access to all the game data. Next gen consoles require near full game installs... (They may be able to bypass this by requiring RoS to do a full game install)
Edited by Sabvre#1434 on 2/15/2014 9:03 AM PST
Reply Quote
^ and you forgot about the trophies/achievements. They can't simply add the eventual new ones, as the expansion would nullify certain difficulty-related trophies/achievements among other stuff, like the revamped triumph challenges. And i don't remember a single game that made some of them unobtainable after the release of a game-changing expansion. Probably because it doesn't exist as of today, all companies prefer smaller DLC which doesn't "overwrite" anything important.

Unless, like i said many times, they make a Ultimate Evil Edition for old gen. But again...
Edited by TozziFan#1943 on 2/15/2014 8:36 AM PST
Reply Quote
02/15/2014 08:35 AMPosted by TozziFan
^ and you forgot about the trophies/achievements. They can't simply add the eventual new ones, as the expansion would nullify certain difficulty-related trophies/achievements among other stuff, like the revamped triumph challenges. And i don't remember a single game that made some of them unobtainable after the release of a game-changing expansion. Probably because it doesn't exist as of today, all companies prefer smaller DLC which doesn't "overwrite" anything important.

Unless, like i said many times, they make a Ultimate Evil Edition for old gen. But again...

Very true... Sony already set a precedent letting people earn duplicate trophies from ps3 and ps4, but has not let a company require trophies to be re-earned/unobtainable.

I actually forgot about the biggest limitation: RIFTS. I was watching a developer video about Killzone and they explained how the ps3 could only render like 3 unique assets (but a few copies) at a time. Rifts have so much randomization and so much going in at once that the ps3/360 would explode!
Edited by Sabvre#1434 on 2/15/2014 9:33 AM PST
Reply Quote
I'm gonna go on a limb and say, yes. Considering that diablo came out for Console one year after the PC version. So i'm guessing that us console people won't be begetting reaper of souls tip 2015. I'm hoping it's be sooner, but probably not
Reply Quote
It could be something as simple as Sony paying for silence on everything but the PS4 version until date X or it could be something as devastating as hardware constraints making the expansion impossible on the systems.

That's kind of the problem with not saying anything; even if everything is on-track, gamers are trained that when little to nothing is said/shown about a certain platform then we usually end-up with something along the lines of Skyrim on PS3. (or just never a release at all)
Reply Quote
The video game industry announces titles and then cancels titles. They announce and then delay, sometimes until they cancel it altogether. And more recently there's been at least one instance where they officially deny the existence of a certain title and then 3 months later they reveal it was in development for a long time already. This is the industry. Would you rather Blizzard promise something and then possibly change their minds & cancel it later? Just be patient.
Edited by azw01fpack81#1679 on 2/15/2014 2:16 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Troll Shaman
It's definitely frustrating for those of us who play it on the PS3. Not everyone can afford to buy the game again on a new platform. I can't afford the PS4, not to mention buying the game plus expansion again. I've been a big supporter of Blizzard since the first Warcraft, and this not knowing if there will ever be a ROS release for PS3 saddens me :(
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]