Diablo® III

RoS DH Builds?

Judging from the streams...

Spike traps and RF doesn't work so well anymore...lack of lifesteal means that those facetanking type builds are basically suicide.

Shadow power is still necessary unless you have awesome loh gear.

Vengeance seems like a must have for most builds.

The two builds that I would like to try are Frost Arrow stacked with Frostburns and other cold damage. This looks pretty powerful.

In group play cluster arrow + vengeance seethe for hatred regen looks awesome. spamming cluster bombs whilst melee keep the mobs at bay would be awesome DPS.

Impale/Chakram still bad. they buffed them considerably but still pales in comparison to the new elemental arrow and cluster arrow. They should make a legendary turn chakram (instead of ele arrow) into a hatred generator to promote diversity- then people would consider using it.
Reply Quote
shadow power is useless now outside of shadow glides utility, your much better off with Smoke Screen Healing Vapors for sustain and GTFO situations lol

overall though DH's skills are basically the same they just slightly upped our damage but not enough to make range play truly viable and they just destroyed our tanking builds by nerfing our sustainability into the ground lol but thats blizz for you.
Reply Quote
View profile
11/23/2013 10:53 AMPosted by Alagos
Vengeance seems like a must have for most builds.

I'm not using it... out of my 6 slots I'm not putting more than 1 cooldown skill in mine. I'm using Rain which has a better aoe and cheaper requirement.

All Vengeance does is add more 'hits' at lower than normal weapon damage to cover up some aoe. Using MultiShot or another spender seem to be more promising, aka the builds in RoS will be exactly the same as now.
Reply Quote
11/23/2013 11:59 AMPosted by KirusAlufras
All Vengeance does is add more 'hits' at lower than normal weapon damage to cover up some aoe. Using MultiShot or another spender seem to be more promising, aka the builds in RoS will be exactly the same as now.

The extra hits don't do anything agreed. I have seen good things with the seethe rune and using that to dump cluster arrow and the from the shadows rune which seems to proc stun better than the RoV equivalent (flying strike). Flying strike targets a location which is hard as monsters move aroud unless you facetank. From the shadows track monsters...although you could now argue that flying strike deals good damage...
Reply Quote
I just would like to know if dual wielding 1 hand crossbow is more viable now :/

Anyone playing RoS can try it??? or maybe just show a couple of 1 hand crossbows legendaries?

And also I loved playing with pets like wolves or the spider but they werent realyy useful before so I hope they work on them.
Reply Quote
11/24/2013 07:44 AMPosted by Slak3r
I just would like to know if dual wielding 1 hand crossbow is more viable now :/

Anyone playing RoS can try it??? or maybe just show a couple of 1 hand crossbows legendaries?

And also I loved playing with pets like wolves or the spider but they werent realyy useful before so I hope they work on them.

0 Strafe Cost 1Hander( http://imgur.com/wGxw6Tp ) + Calamity (http://bbs.d.163.com/data/attachment/forum/201311/23/191710eddnmu1u7uaxmnl2.jpg.thumb.jpg )

Then partner it with whatever Marked for Death Rune you want.

As for Pets.. They die quite fast except Boar. So I suggest using FERRETS with Tasker and Theo making them have 100% more Attack Speed.
Reply Quote
No one has tried a high % pierce build yet centered on Buriza dy konan Vengence (seethe for hated regend and additional pierce) and Cluster arrow? Say you group up 10~50 mobs through careful kiting and positioning then hit vengence + Buriza and start spamming cluster arrow? Would each pierce of cluster arrow trigger a cluster arrow explosion centered on the target cluster arrow hit? So it pierce's 2~5 times doing a crapload of burst damage?

Are there any other pieces of gear that add to pierce chance?
Reply Quote
Would each pierce of cluster arrow trigger a cluster arrow explosion centered on the target cluster arrow hit? So it pierce's 2~5 times doing a crapload of burst damage?

Sadly, if Pierce is how it is now in Live, then it wont do that. Even Frozen Arrow shatters upon impact.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]