Diablo® III

Please don't forget these skills in RoS

Having checked out this:

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/10670717347

and thoroughly looked through the skills being tested in Beta, it seems some skills are still getting overlooked.

I know things are subject to change, and for some of our skills i truly hope that is the case, otherwise they will continue to get overlooked as they have been since release....

If these don't change IMO it's just a waste of time them even being available to us. Perhaps someone can explain the usefulness of them for myself and the community...

I'll try to make this as constructive as possible, so i apologise if my passion for the DH makes me come across as Whiny here, that's not my intention, I'm just trying to get some answers on these skills that baffle me a bit.

================================================

I'll start with the most obvious ones and work my way down...

Passives:

Sharpshooter:

Now gain 4% crit every second instead of 3% as before.

I just don't understand how this skill is useful in any situation ever? The best you'll get from it is 4% extra crit during battles. It's not often you'll be going without firing at an enemy for long periods of time. With this skill you'll want to have at least 6-10 seconds of not firing and you'll want this often... It isn't particularly useful IMO, i dunno, maybe I'm missing something?

Awareness:

Gain 4% dodge chance every second until you dodge.

Pretty much the same thing applies as from SS above... It just doesn't seem useful at all. You'll be dodging multiple hits in battles all the time... who cares if you dodge a single hit at the start of the battle when there's another 20 incoming you'll be wanting to dodge also. Again, am i missing something?

Hot Pursuit:

Gain 20% move speed for 2 seconds when you hit an enemy.

Is cool, i just hope this stacks over the cap, otherwise kinda pointless.

Generators:

Hungering Arrow - Shatter Shot:

Splits into 3 arrows on hitting an enemy.

This has always been the worst rune and it seems like it's not getting any love. Why use this over any of the others? Any ideas?

Bola Shot - Acid Strike:

Shoot 3 bolas that deal 160% weapon damage, but don't explode.

These Just don't seem worth it. I figured out recently that they do infact stack, but on one target you wont stack 3 bolas in one shot, you'll one stack 1. So if this skill is aimed at targeting fewer enemies, rather then having a massive bola explosion to take out big groups, then it's not doing its job as you might as well use the other runes and inflict more damage. What's the point in shooting 3 bolas out in one shot if all 3 don't stack on one target instead of spreading the damage.

I have found this a problem with single target skills in this game, they dont seem to do their job, often its better just to take an AoE skill and do single target damage with that... Seems odd to me.

Just to make this crystal clear...

Bola's that explode can be stacked on one target and then explode in a large radius killing big groups.

Acid Strike can hit 3 targets in one shot, but 3 only. The bolas stack one bola per enemy per shot and don't explode for any radius.

The ONLY way this skill outshines the others is if you are simply facing 3 enemies that are more then 20 yards apart and infront of you. If you are facing 2 enemies or 1, the remainder of the bolas fired from each shot are wasted. If you are facing more enemies, its better to group them and shoot bolas that explode.

Am i missing something or is this skill still a bit pointless?

==================================================

The reason i'm not mentioning others right now is because i simply don't know how they will work in RoS. I think Companions could be better with some of the new items etc, hey maybe some of the skills mentioned above could be better with some of the new items, i just haven't seen evidence of that yet which is why i'm bringing it up.

I'd hate to see some of these skills continue to be unused come the new changes to this game. As a dedicated lover of the DH class i would be frustrated to see these skills like above remain dormant.

I'm fully open to the idea that i could be wrong about these skills, so please put me on track if you think differently. Perhaps there's some skills you feel wont be getting the love you feel they deserve for the new expansion?
Reply Quote
Generators:

Hungering Arrow - Shatter Shot:

Splits into 3 arrows on hitting an enemy.

This has always been the worst rune and it seems like it's not getting any love. Why use this over any of the others? Any ideas?

All three arrows can proc cold and slow enemies, the arrows track targets and have a chance to split when they pierce as well. If it does split and only one monster/no objects are around, all 3 arrows could turn around and hit the same target. It might become a lot better when we can stack Pierce % to make the most outta it.

Hot Pursuit:

Gain 20% move speed for 2 seconds when you hit an enemy.

Is cool, i just hope this stacks over the cap, otherwise kinda pointless.

If this goes over the cap, it will be sooo sick, but as you said, if not its pointless.
Reply Quote
11/25/2013 08:22 AMPosted by TastySouP
All three arrows can proc cold and slow enemies, the arrows track targets and have a chance to split when they pierce as well. If it does split and only one monster/no objects are around, all 3 arrows could turn around and hit the same target. It might become a lot better when we can stack Pierce % to make the most outta it.

True, maybe Buri and stacking that pierce stat as high as possible will make this pretty decent.... At the mo it seems better to go with Spray of Teeth

Hot pursuit - if over the cap will be pretty good for lower mp (low torment maybe) runs... i just hope they actually make it go over that cap.
Reply Quote
11/25/2013 08:27 AMPosted by D3MON
True, maybe Buri and stacking that pierce stat as high as possible will make this pretty decent.... At the mo it seems better to go with Spray of Teeth

I agree

Hot pursuit - if over the cap will be pretty good for lower mp (low torment
maybe) runs... i just hope they actually make it go over that cap.

I added this to narull's test thread and I think its good in a lot of scenarios, even high Torment. It would make kiting a lllloooottt easier and speeds up a run in general. I find a lot of our passives only provide things we could stack on gear to begin with. I'm all about the movement/damage passives personally.

I'm thinkin: Archery/Steady Aim/Cull the Weak/Hot Pursuit and cold damage ^.^
Reply Quote
@D3MON - did you loose your MVP status? just wondering.

Sharpshooter:

Now gain 4% crit every second instead of 3% as before.

I just don't understand how this skill is useful in any situation ever?

There are builds that utilizes this fact and delay.
1 - 100% crit. chance right at the start of the battle ( for the most part ) so you can go A0E and reduce mob eHP right off the hop.
2 - setup caltrops and turrets and smoke screen for a bit to rebuild ChC and unload more A0E hatred spenders.

Hot Pursuit needs to be combined with Tactical Advantage or no-one will use it. Tactical advantage / Hot Pursuit and bracer to increase speed with each hit to enviroment objects. Imagine that.

Anything less and other DPS / eHP passives will always trump utility passives.
Reply Quote
11/25/2013 08:41 AMPosted by BlackVenom
@D3MON - did you loose your MVP status? just wondering.

only on EU posts ^.^

still no murican-mvps for us DHs :(

Hot Pursuit needs to be combined with Tactical Advantage or no-one will use it. Tactical advantage / Hot Pursuit and bracer to increase speed with each hit to enviroment objects. Imagine that.

I see what you mean, but the mechanics do work quite differently. Tactical Advantage is proc'd through our defensive pool and cost resources to unlock no matter what. The other is from aggression and can be proc for free, I'd be down for both baked into one, but I see why they're separate. They just need to make sure they have the same MS bonus, or your 100% right, TA will win hands down.
Edited by TastySouP#1157 on 11/25/2013 9:14 AM PST
Reply Quote
Sorry but.. Sharpshooter? Won't be useless.

I have a build specifically for that. Specially when RoS hits? Yeah.. pretty much.. Though I can't confirm if it'll work. I'm still inclined that it won't. LOL

EDIT:
A question of my own..

That Legendary that reduces the SET REQ by 1. How does that function?

If I have just 1 set item equipped, and I equip that ring, it'll make me get the 2piece effect? If not then.. Back to the drawing boards :))
Edited by Chrizzle#1390 on 11/25/2013 9:40 AM PST
Reply Quote
11/25/2013 08:05 AMPosted by D3MON
I just don't understand how this skill is useful in any situation ever? The best you'll get from it is 4% extra crit during battles. It's not often you'll be going without firing at an enemy for long periods of time. With this skill you'll want to have at least 6-10 seconds of not firing and you'll want this often... It isn't particularly useful IMO, i dunno, maybe I'm missing something?

Well you don't understand how to prepare for battle...

If you haven't read, read
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/9628422750

shsh is simple. It works like crushing blow, if you get it out on the initial strikes the rest of the game is easy. IMO it is a L2P skill that and gives a player a lot more damage than you can see on your profile.

~edit~
IF you want to read more ideas about changing skills I have them here
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/10673937371#2
Edited by KirusAlufras#1739 on 11/25/2013 10:04 AM PST
Reply Quote
sharpshooter and awareness will be useless if it stays the same. their might be some new item in RoS making these passives useful...otherwise completely bad passives.

steady aim and single out - after seeing the mob density, how useful will these be? Unless we happen to be the next long range cm wizard, these will also be useless if they stay unchanged.

night stalker needs to be increased to at LEAST 2 discipline.

cull of the weak needs to be increased close to 50% more - maybe include splash effect

perfectionist needs to include reduce cool down as well.

custom engineering should include increased damage to sentries also

I expected more changes to our passives, I've seen nerfs and slight changes mostly. Not big fan of our new passives especially not seeing better improvements to our current passives.
Reply Quote
11/25/2013 10:11 AMPosted by Krak

This might be too much.. From someone that has been using Night Stalker since I got them when I played since release.. Giving more than 1 Discipline per crit on a chance basis is going to be high >_<
Reply Quote
This might be too much.. From someone that has been using Night Stalker since I got them when I played since release.. Giving more than 1 Discipline per crit on a chance basis is going to be high >_<

I agree, NS is in a good place imo. 2 disc would be absurd.

steady aim and single out - after seeing the mob density, how useful will these be? Unless we happen to be the next long range cm wizard, these will also be useless if they stay unchanged.

I agree that Single Out is designed quite poorly, but I disagree with Steady Aim. There are a lot of people that benefit from it just fine now, with the extra potential Crowd Control we've seen, I think its gonna get easier.

cull of the weak needs to be increased close to 50% more - maybe include splash effect

why? :S it's a super easy bonus to obtain if you know how, and it can always apply with the right skill set. Its been bumped up to 20% in RoS as well.

I like the other ideas tho ^.^
Reply Quote

NS should be removed so people see a bigger picture.

wait .. Tasty is coming to sue me...

perfectionist needs to include reduce cool down as well.

Perfectionist need to be move to 20-30% discipline reduction then all those other bonus be removed (i.e. life, armor, and all resist).

adding more sentry = more damage...

Krak bigger numbers doesn't make better action.
Edited by KirusAlufras#1739 on 11/25/2013 10:54 AM PST
Reply Quote
I agree with all that you said D3mon, i think the problem with the class is mechanic, they dont put good mechanics for us as other classes have, we have a cool class, with many options that doesnt work well together.

If someone say "then they have to redo the entire class" i would agree too, since we use idk 2 runes from each skill and some skills we don't even use.

For those that defend those skills and other skills that doesnt work, really guyz im not starting a war, but you are living a dream, i would love make ShSH work like a crushing blow as KirusAlusfras said, but no its far far away from that, specially in RoS that you have to hit almost all time, unless you are running away from something that is near to kill you.

What im saying that is not good for us keep saying that things are working, or you can make a build with that skill and make it work great, when you have to change a monster power to a lower one to make it work, or you have to play taking the double of time to make that thing work when all other class can do it a way faster or even our own class with another build.

Lets fight for equality, a revamp in our skill to make us equal to other classes, to make our own builds, one equal to another, not saying to make all the same, but to make all good and effective, the time for this is now, cause after the launch it will be too late.
Edited by Perseu#1262 on 11/25/2013 10:47 AM PST
Reply Quote
11/25/2013 10:39 AMPosted by KirusAlufras
wait .. Tasty is coming to sue me...

kkkkiirrrrruuuuusssss!!! ;-)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In regards to skills that I'd like to see receive some lovin:

Cull the Weak: a monster debuff that only the DH that has it slotted can benefit from.
cull
transitive verb \ˈkəl\
: to select or choose (someone or something) from a group

: to control the size of (a group of animals) by killing some animals

We've decided to cull the monsters in front of us, all characters should be able to partake in the culling! ^.^

Caltrops - Bait the Trap:

Why can I only use myself as bait?! I want to sacrifice my friends from time to time too, we should all be considered bait and get that 10 CHC bonus.
Reply Quote
My biggest gripe with all our skills right now in ROS is IMPALE!

The skill is still terrible, the damage output for being single target is horrible, even the new rune ricochet while cool looking on paper the bounce to two enemies means it only hits 3 enemies for a pathetic damage multiplier that's weaker than most classes generators. Impale to be useful single target spender needs to hit even harder maybe 600%? Right now cluster arrows far out performs it and has a much larger AOE. There really is no use in using impale especially when it hits for so little you might as well just use bola instead.

They even acknowledged that impale was terrible yet it looks like they barely even bothered with it. If it's suppose to be a mostly single target skill I imagine it being out elite or heavy hp killing spender that deals massive single target damage but right now it barely even tickles our enemies.

If tey buffed it to at least 600% + I could see a build revolving around sharpshooter and say impale ricochete or the rune that pierces in a straight line. It would be the prefect opener to a battle with elites for example, be at 100% throw out a ricochete or 2 at 100% CC with sharpshooter and deal massive damage at the start of the fight to 3 of the elites. Sounds like a great build for elite or bounty hunting but it can't happen with a pathetic damage modifier like it currently has.

Blizzard please do something about the damage modifier to impale, it's been a lackluster skill sice basically launch and you know this so I don't see why it hasn't recieved the major damage buff it needs. The runes seem to be fine it's just the poor damage that holds it back from being on anyone's skill bar.
Edited by METATRON#1945 on 11/25/2013 12:51 PM PST
Reply Quote
11/25/2013 08:47 AMPosted by TastySouP
but I see why they're separate.

I don't see why it should be seperate. Why do I need to slot MS on gear plus 2 passives slot and SP - glide to satify my MS need.

Tactical advantage and Hot Pursuit can be applied during an engagement and right after. Very useful if combined. If I have to slot two passive slots then the scale will always dip tooo far towards DPS and eHP loss to gain MS. A passive slot is very valueble - then have the passive worth choosing. Need two slot to gain 1 MS utility is absord.

Just a reminder why Perfectionist is very viable - 3 benefits from 1 slot. Not OP but just right balanced amount. eHP boost plus Disciple cost reduction. Imagine if I had to slot all 3 Passives ( 1 passive to displine reduction / 1 passive to get HP % bonus / 1 passive to armor bonus )to get 1 Perfectionist worth = 3 Dead passives no-one will use.

Numbing traps / Custom Engineering / and Thrill of the Hunt is another 3 that should be in combo. We need all three of them together to be a viable build. But when was the last time you saw a build using all three at the same time that can compete against eHP/DPS passives ...

Remember that Less is More - More quality passives and less garbage is what we need.
Edited by BlackVenom#1754 on 11/25/2013 11:59 AM PST
Reply Quote
Buff impale... That's what I want lol I gave my reasons why up there ^^

Such a cool skill gone to waste :(
Reply Quote
I would like to see a buff in Chakram, razor disc is a good rune, shuriken cloud too, but the others doesnt work pretty well, even twin chakram sometimes makes you mad because of their trajectory.

And im still worried about fan of knives, still not being used as it should be, maybe is too early and people didnt find the right items to make it work, but well im still worried.
Reply Quote
11/25/2013 12:52 PMPosted by METATRON
Buff impale... That's what I want lol I gave my reasons why up there ^^

Such a cool skill gone to waste :(

If we seriously consider the intended usage of impale via all of the reduce cost items geared for impale you would think it is not a single target / mass destruction skill everyone likes it to be. But rather a spamable utility skill. It would not surpise me if they make it more like Elemental Arrow ( which now can generate Hatred ). Impale might see a low to zero hatred cost and spamable..
Reply Quote
Right now in beta archery for 1hxbow users is 5% crit chance, right? Ss is 4% and increases rapidly. They are very similar except if you dw.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]