Diablo® III

Fields of misery savage beast problem

So every time I farm fields of misery in inferno master V with my wd I will die a couple times from these savage beasts charging their attack off screen then suddenly coming in out of no where with ramming attack and I die instantly w/o any warning. This is really unfair and annoying especially when key hunting and this happens to you and die, losing you nephalem glory and valor stacks to increase chance of key drop. Is this a glitch or just something we have to play and adapt with?
Reply Quote
It has been asked a patch for ages now. Welcome in the ista death club.
Reply Quote
They do a lot of damage by design. Get better armor, more resists, more life

Using spirit vessel will help too.
Reply Quote
Valor stacks don't reset when you die.
Reply Quote
11/24/2013 04:54 AMPosted by EmmetOtter
They do a lot of damage by design. Get better armor, more resists, more life

I've got 100k life, 4k armor and ~700 physical resist and they still oneshot me in MP.
(-_-)
It's just an oversight, as the FoV seems to be too small for the beast. Nothing we can do in-game, it's really annoying.
Reply Quote
It's funny how the savage beasts are the only ones aware of your location off screen while other enemies don't react until you get right next to them
Reply Quote
Next time pair up with a Demon Hunter. Nothing draws beast charges like a DH. Its like Tornadoes and Trailer parks
Reply Quote
Umm no thanks. I have enough problems on this issue with my wd already. And sometimes it seems like they only do a mini charge and then go full sprint to pummel your character to death. Don't know if this is lag or a glitch.
Reply Quote
Everytime i see one of those furry rage beasts I dodge or just focus all my efforts on bringing them down quickly. Defiantly a challenging bunch
Reply Quote
11/24/2013 11:39 AMPosted by SynthFEtish
Everytime i see one of those furry rage beasts I dodge or just focus all my efforts on bringing them down quickly. Defiantly a challenging bunch

We all do, but here is the problem:
You can't see them off-screen! Nothing you can do!
(>_<)
Reply Quote
11/24/2013 12:13 PMPosted by LordOtto

We all do, but here is the problem:
You can't see them off-screen! Nothing you can do!
(>_<)

I always see them coming at me, maybe adjust your safe zone in the settings?
Reply Quote
XBox says it already is...
=/
Reply Quote
You know they're in there. Run in, see what's ahead first. They're mostly mixed with the goat men. Don't stand still. It's really not rocket science.
Reply Quote
And, of course, you can hear them coming ...
Reply Quote
Yes I know they are there but that's not the problem. When I'm distracted killing other mobs with my witch doc, these things come in charging off screen and completely catches me off guard and does me in one hit. And since my wd is a cloud of bats build when I'm fighting mobs I am stationary so it makes it even easier for these beasts to come charging at me from no where.
I'm also aware u can hear them off screen but sometimes I can't when I'm fighting or when my volume is low so I don't wake everyone in the house.
Reply Quote
11/24/2013 11:40 PMPosted by pots420
Yes I know they are there but that's not the problem. When I'm distracted killing other mobs with my witch doc, these things come in charging off screen and completely catches me off guard and does me in one hit. And since my wd is a cloud of bats build when I'm fighting mobs I am stationary so it makes it even easier for these beasts to come charging at me from no where.
I'm also aware u can hear them off screen but sometimes I can't when I'm fighting or when my volume is low so I don't wake everyone in the house.

There's your problem right there. CoB build. Why anybody in their right mind would even use a spellcaster character as a melee-range character is beyond me. If you like close-range fighting then why not just use the Barbarian or Monk? Anyway, try this build: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/witch-doctor#SRTYdU!edT!cYccYc

Again, if you really want to be that close to the enemy then why are you using a mage class/spellcaster character?
Reply Quote
Because cloud of bats with pestilence is like a huge deadly black hole that attracts everything to their death. I do about 700k crit with CoB. And even when I switch to ranged spells, the beasts can still charge in from no where while I'm casting and am stationary.
Reply Quote
11/24/2013 11:40 PMPosted by pots420

Just try going to options and adjusting the safe zone. Bring the area in just a bit more than the edge of the screen.
Reply Quote
Everytime I go to that map I turn up the volume to hear the Beast's grunts. Everytime I hear it I vault immediately to locate it, (even when there's a treasure goblin in the screen. It's that vital) then I do what I can to stop it from charging. Spirit walk in the WD's case.

Nothing much we can do if there's more than one Beast, though.

You're taking down one when another spikes yer buttocks.

I just sigh and move on when that happens. But with a lot of cursing in between.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]