Diablo® III

Fields of misery savage beast problem

11/25/2013 10:05 AMPosted by Rapham0n

Again, if you really want to be that close to the enemy then why are you using a mage class/spellcaster character?

Well, the Wiz can be melee, why can't a witch doctor? This game changes the stereotype spellcaster. As you can see he has good enough armor, resist and hp.

You're right, though, the CoB build should have a complementary secondary for long range like Barrage or Firebomb.
Reply Quote
A zoom-out feature would benefit hardcore players like me especially. My demon hunter needs to have more range. There's a skill that adds 20% more damage if you're at a certain distance which I no longer use because I can't zoom out.
Reply Quote
11/25/2013 03:12 PMPosted by Sturgis
Sounds like fun, those are supposedly the hardest Mobs in the game...

I heard

thenotoriousnoobcakes.guildlaunch.com/

Nope hardest mobs are those damn fat blood clan Mage things or whatever in act 3 crater that make those damn yellow shields around everything and keep running away into more mobs!!!! Damn I hate those things.
Reply Quote
Are you going to ask for them to be nerfed as well?
Reply Quote
11/24/2013 10:37 AMPosted by EmmetOtter
Next time pair up with a Demon Hunter. Nothing draws beast charges like a DH. Its like Tornadoes and Trailer parks

True Story.
Reply Quote
11/26/2013 03:31 AMPosted by EmmetOtter
Are you going to ask for them to be nerfed as well?

No, and I'm not even asking blizzard to nerd savage beasts. The problem with off screen charging seems to be a minor bug or something.
Reply Quote
Its by design. Deal with it
Reply Quote
80 Dwarf Priest
No issues here with them I just know to keep somewhat mobile when in the fields..although my defense is good enough to survive a charge and I'm a wizard.
Reply Quote
don't head downwind take the cemetery wp and walk into fields there is a larger field of vision at the top of the screen than walking down but if you have to go down kind of run at a slight angle that'll help dodge them and invest in a String of Ears I use one on my HC wiz and that 10-20% melee redux is enough to notice as for the life craft Vita gear the system is smart enough to throw your main stat on it most of the time
Reply Quote
In addition to the growl, they also snort, and you can often times see the breath the emit. It is really just situational awareness and paying attention. I hardly ever get hit by them as I hardly stand still, and I am constantly scanning the screen while I am in the middle of attacking other things.

I guess playing ME3 really taught me the value of situational awareness in games due to the solo challenges.
Reply Quote
I believe I read or heard somewhere that the camera was zoomed in a bit more on the console version than the PC release of the game because of performance limitations. I'd guess that they zoomed in the camera but didn't consider the beasts' charge range and left it as it was, resulting in them charging in from off-screen. Having never played the PC version, I can't confirm whether this is an annoyance on the PC version or not, or whether the camera zoom is different. This is merely a guess based on the information I've been given.
Reply Quote
Even on the PC savage beasts will charge from off screen.
Reply Quote
11/25/2013 11:36 PMPosted by samsaz81
A zoom-out feature would benefit hardcore players like me especially. My demon hunter needs to have more range. There's a skill that adds 20% more damage if you're at a certain distance which I no longer use because I can't zoom out.

Your talking about the skill that allows you to deal more DMG being 10 yards away? 10 yards is like 4 inches in front of your char. Try it out with gold pick up radius, it gives you an idea of how the game justifies an yard.
Reply Quote
Thanks for all suggestions on how to avoid being one shorted but I don't even bother to farm here anymore except for keys.
Reply Quote
They will also charge from off the screen on the pc. When you hear them grunting, move.

And if got still get one-shotted put Spirit Vessel in your build.
Reply Quote
O yea nice suggestion
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]