Diablo® III

Got a DH RoS Question? Ask away.

MVP - Diablo III
View profile
Hey all,

I've been playing my DH in the RoS beta, enjoying it as I've always found DHs to be an interesting class.

Now I freely admit I am not a 'great' player, hell I read the DH forums and some stuff doesn't make sense to me but I have noticed some questions being asked and people not being able to find answers that aren't datamined stuff so thought I'd offer to check anything people like checked.

Again not by any stretch an amazing player, just want to try and help out anyone who has a specific question they want answered or tested in beta until we get more people in.

Current gear/stats http://i.imgur.com/QOkuWny.jpg (I removed my passives before taking screenie so stats are not inflated)

Running Torment I(testing out II) atm with:

Elemental Arrow - Frost Arrow
Hungering Arrow - Devouring Arrow
Vengeance - From the Shadows
Rain of Vengeance - Dark Cloud
Vaunt - Trail of Cinders
Caltrops - Jagged Spikes

Passives I'm screwing around with different things(have been with skills as well) but currently trying:

Sharpshooter
Awareness
Perfectionist
NightStalker

Small vid I made yesterday showing the 'gold rains from the sky' affix, (my leg bow dropped at the end) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PfzZuxszOHs

I can't stream due to horrible Aussie net, but can post screenies and upload a vid if needed for any specific questions if people have them.

If not *shrug* oh well, personally I think DHs feel a little below where they should be with our hatred spenders, but that's just my thoughts.

Disclaimer: I'm only human, I can make mistakes but am happy to admit when I do. Also it is very early beta so a lot can(and will) change before release.
Edited by Narull#6634 on 11/25/2013 10:37 PM PST
Reply Quote
so, in my current build I tank like crazy and do a lot more eDPS than any ranged DH build available in live game (I am requested often for such an ability, mostly by barbs and monks); so can a tank DH live in a world of no LS or am I destined to join the other poor DPS kiters?
Reply Quote
11/25/2013 04:03 AMPosted by Narull
Caltrops - Jagged Spikes
Can you confirm if this has proc again? Thanks!!!!
Reply Quote
Archery passive - the 1 Hatred for dual wielding, is that per second or per shot.

ty
Reply Quote
Legacy Cold SoJ's - do they still proc cold and ctw? ( use minimum damage jewellery to make the damage ranges of a low level hand crossbow the same this will make it cause the same damage every hit. Then shoot them when theyre on a caltrops, remember the damage value, then shoot them off of a caltrops, but with cold damage, and see if the Cull the Weak was applied for more dmg. this one is a hard to test i understand if you dont want too ^.^ )

Prep Punishment + Multishot Suppression Fire - does it still work?

Spike Trap Scatter - how does this work now?

How does the new Grenadier passive work? Does it make all grenade based skills do more damage and explode at a bigger radius? (Grenades, Cluster Arrow - Base, Cluster Bomb, loaded for bear, Rapid Fire - Bombardment)

Can you reroll the main stats of a legendary/set item? for example: remove the intelligence off of witching hour?

( if you need to load some gear into the PTR by borrowing it off me and then copying, let me know ^.^ )
Edited by TastySouP#1157 on 11/25/2013 5:27 AM PST
Reply Quote
the last one i can answer. yes you can
Reply Quote
from the shadows looks awesome at procing stun...is it as good as it looks???

awesome find in the end for the xbow...did you use it or stuck with your rare due to higher DPS & crushing bow
Reply Quote
11/25/2013 05:13 AMPosted by TastySouP
Can you reroll the main stats of a legendary/set item? for example: remove the intelligence off of witching hour?

^^ I'm talking about the base 90-100 Intelligence

11/25/2013 05:18 AMPosted by Acra
the last one i can answer. yes you can

you talking to me? :D
Edited by TastySouP#1157 on 11/25/2013 5:22 AM PST
Reply Quote
MVP - Diablo III
View profile
11/25/2013 04:18 AMPosted by DethAxe
so, in my current build I tank like crazy and do a lot more eDPS than any ranged DH build available in live game (I am requested often for such an ability, mostly by barbs and monks); so can a tank DH live in a world of no LS or am I destined to join the other poor DPS kiters?

It can still be done, I was facetanking the other day but you have to adjust and mob then stand still with Brooding(4.5% life per second when you have a million HP adds up) and Sentry(Guardian Turret). I actually had the quiver which let me have 5 sentries up so it worked well, but I don't like the playstyle myself.

Archery passive - the 1 Hatred for dual wielding, is that per second or per shot.

ty

Shot.

11/25/2013 04:34 AMPosted by Rav1n
Caltrops - Jagged Spikes
Can you confirm if this has proc again? Thanks!!!!

I'll ask the dumb question cause I can't think of one. What's an easy thing I could get with a proc so I could test this. Is there some simple way to test a proc that I'm unaware of? (again I freely admit to being a nub at some things, just trying to help people!)
Reply Quote
ty
Shot.

HELL YES
Reply Quote
11/25/2013 05:23 AMPosted by Narull
I'll ask the dumb question cause I can't think of one. What's an easy thing I could get with a proc so I could test this. Is there some simple way to test a proc that I'm unaware of? (again I freely admit to being a nub at some things, just trying to help people!)

High CHC, jagged spikes, night stalker, use all your discipline and see if it fills up. then take a windforce, use jagged spikes and see if they get KB when running over it.
Reply Quote
MVP - Diablo III
View profile
btw, may take time finding some questions out as again not a pro, but will do my best(plus I try to play normally when friends are about).

Sorry for any delay but I will keep checking back randomly!
Reply Quote
Great! You don't need to be a "great" DH to share with the community. Here are some basic questions 1st:

1) Do you feel Torment 1 is equivalent to MP10?
2) With you current AR of 600-700 and armour of 5500, are you comfortable at Torment 1?
3) Do you think your ratio of Vit to Dex of 7279:8459 is rather unbalance compared to existing ratio of 1000 : 3000? Or in short, do you need such a high HP to survive in Torment without LS?

I m currently more concern about DH survivability than dps. I feel you do not have enough LOH and Life gen. BTW how does the Healing stats 7281 work?

Thanks for sharing. more questions to come.
Reply Quote
11/25/2013 05:26 AMPosted by Narull
btw, may take time finding some questions out as again not a pro, but will do my best(plus I try to play normally when friends are about).

if you need help having someone explain how to test some, or need gear for testing let us know. We appreciate this more then u know ^.^

WB btw! Haven't seen you post here in a while.
Reply Quote
Good video and you are a bit better than most DH streamers we have seen so far..

I think we are all just curious about each skill's abilities over all. For example, proc. rates, special affixes of the skill etc..

Unless we are playing the RoS also we really don't know what to ask.

For the most part, tankers want to know if they can still facetank. Ranged players want to know if we can still shoot and move like this ...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tMKcURi_JPw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eeRkOzn80c4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K9dV-DEKvo8

You can also try some of the common builds and tell us how it works in RoS..

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/7979319534
Reply Quote
MVP - Diablo III
View profile
11/25/2013 05:13 AMPosted by TastySouP

Spike Trap Scatter - how does this work now?

How does the new Grenadier passive work? Does it make all grenade based skills do more damage and explode at a bigger radius? (Grenades, Cluster Arrow - Base, Cluster Bomb, loaded for bear, Rapid Fire - Bombardment)

First 2 I'll try and workout(made myself a txt file to keep unanswered questions in) as for these.

It just places 3 traps down, didn't think it changed from live.

All grenades.

Yes you can reroll.

Great! You don't need to be a "great" DH to share with the community. Here are some basic questions 1st:

1) Do you feel Torment 1 is equivalent to MP10?
2) With you current AR of 600-700 and armour of 5500, are you comfortable at Torment 1?
3) Do you think your ratio of Vit to Dex of 7279:8459 is rather unbalance compared to existing ratio of 1000 : 3000? Or in short, do you need such a high HP to survive in Torment without LS?

I m currently more concern about DH survivability than dps. I feel you do not have enough LOH and Life gen. BTW how does the Healing stats 7281 work?

Thanks for sharing. more questions to come.

Torment 1 would be MP 10 I'd say, but I've had disagreements with friends about it lol.
I'm fine with Torment 1, I've started doing Torment 2 and it's doable for me just not sure what is more effective for loot atm.
Yes you need the HP if not more, things hit hard at times(Thunderstorm is the most BS affix ever).

Again I'm doing fine with Torment I and did several bounties in Torment II tonight, it's just that HP pools have skyrocketed and LOH is kinda meh because 10k LOH or whatever is tiny when you have a million HP.

Reply Quote

I'll ask the dumb question cause I can't think of one. What's an easy thing I could get with a proc so I could test this. Is there some simple way to test a proc that I'm unaware of? (again I freely admit to being a nub at some things, just trying to help people!)'

The easiest solution for just testing a proc coefficient: Get LoH, not other healing source (no Life per Kill, no Life per second etc.). Get hit a few times. Lay down Caltrops, look if you get healed. If you get healed, there is a proc coefficient > 0. If not, it still is 0. Nightstalker is a bit more complicated to test.

If you're willing to do it, you could test some proc coefficients as well (I'd be mostly interested in Strafe - Demolition):
Get LoH (let's say 1000 or 2000), no other healing source, no max health (instead of getting hit you could just equip another Vit item), use a skill on a monster. (single monster as more hits would need to be considered in the calculation) Now write down the amount you got healed. At 1000 LoH for example, a skill with a 50% proc coefficient will heal you for 500 health.

€: With current proc rates SP with 10k LoH should be able to get up to 20-30k health per second per monster. If they haven't changed it you should be able to get 100k+ with Chain of Tormen, Shuriken Cloud, Fan of Knives and Strafe being used simultaneuosly.
Edited by Poekel#2407 on 11/25/2013 5:56 AM PST
Reply Quote
Is the 30% damage penalty for the Wizard,Witch Doctor and Demon Hunter still in the game?

Can you grab a naked Barb and one of the 3 penalized classes and test out some skeleton hits or something?

There is probably a better way to test this but inquiring minds would like to know.
Reply Quote
What's the proc coef of Shuriken and Sentry/Chains of Torment?

Can you show me the quiver which let you have 5 sentries up (screenshot)?

Thx
Reply Quote
First of all, I'd like to tell you that..

DAMN! and.. Thanks ^_^

Actually.. that's all. LOL. I know you'll be busy from now on ;)
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]