Diablo® III

Got a DH RoS Question? Ask away.

11/25/2013 10:11 AMPosted by Chrizzle
A question of my own..

That Legendary that reduces the SET REQ by 1. How does that function?

If I have just 1 set item equipped, and I equip that ring, it'll make me get the 2piece effect? If not then.. Back to the drawing boards :))

only works with 2 set+ so lets say you have two legends and the ring you will get the 3 set bonus. Thats the lowest it can go. There was a DH stream where the guy had that ring and he could only get the bonus after having two pieces minimum for the higher set bonuses. The ring itself explicitly states that also that it only works on 2 pieces+ minimum.
Edited by METATRON#1945 on 11/25/2013 2:12 PM PST
Reply Quote
Hey OP, thanks for the feedback.

I'd like to know how long does it take between the end of a Rain of Vengeance and the moment you can use another, with your bow and maybe some cooldown reduction?
Reply Quote
I heard D3MON didn't get RoS beta??? WTF??? The only MVP that mains a DH is shut out?

I am sad about this :(

I put myself forward after i heard about the friends and family release... maybe it was too late...

or

@D3MON - you use the fun card too often.. You're DQed as an MVP. You have fun playing a DH which also means you're were doing it wrong this whole time so maybe ( you're suppose to be efficient - mate), maybe that's why you don't a Beta key ( sorry mate - low blow ^_^ - just trolling at this point now )

Haha maybe this... lol

At least i would do some testing of all the skills and not just stick to whatever works best just because its the best. :P

Thanks to Narull... at least we have someone helping our communities curiosity a bit. :)

Oh and im glad about this :

Posted by TastySouP

One more quick one for yea:

Does Hot Pursuit go over the cap?

A: Indeed it does, but remember it's changed so it only affects you after you hit something. http://i.imgur.com/SQjLBvq.jpg
Reply Quote
11/25/2013 01:38 PMPosted by Narull
http://i.imgur.com/BSPBDm3.jpg Works well with Frost Arrow and have changed Rain of fire rune too stampede to get the benifit.

Does the increased damage from knockbacks work if your follower knocks the enemy back - say from scoundrel with windforce...?
Reply Quote
I'll ask the dumb question cause I can't think of one. What's an easy thing I could get with a proc so I could test this. Is there some simple way to test a proc that I'm unaware of? (again I freely admit to being a nub at some things, just trying to help people!)

High CHC, jagged spikes, night stalker, use all your discipline and see if it fills up. then take a windforce, use jagged spikes and see if they get KB when running over it.
JS does not crit yellow so it won't proc night stalker, but the KB on the windy is a good idea and should work.

2. proc Knockback = NO (ground dot don't proc knockback)
It used to along with stun, freeze, root, and chill.
Edited by Rav1n#1381 on 11/25/2013 3:46 PM PST
Reply Quote
11/25/2013 03:44 PMPosted by Rav1n
JS does not crit yellow so it won't proc night stalker, but the KB on the windy is a good idea and should work.

Currently it does crit (just shows white numbers similar to Rend; you'll get different damage numbers even with like 20-20 damage due to JS critting) but it got a 0% proc coefficient (so NS chance is 0%). It does not get a boost from attack speed though.
Reply Quote
Hi Narull,

Thanks for making the effort to test for demon hunters. We really need someone to answer the questions on RoS
Reply Quote
11/25/2013 04:31 PMPosted by Poekel
Currently it does crit (just shows white numbers similar to Rend; you'll get different damage numbers even with like 20-20 damage due to JS critting) but it got a 0% proc coefficient (so NS chance is 0%). It does not get a boost from attack speed though.

No. It doesn't proc NS because the skill uses Discipline.

Same with this

11/25/2013 03:44 PMPosted by Rav1n
It used to along with stun, freeze, root, and chill.

Stuff that use to work 1-2 month after release doesn't now.
Reply Quote
11/25/2013 02:00 PMPosted by METATRON
A question of my own..

That Legendary that reduces the SET REQ by 1. How does that function?

If I have just 1 set item equipped, and I equip that ring, it'll make me get the 2piece effect? If not then.. Back to the drawing boards :))

only works with 2 set+ so lets say you have two legends and the ring you will get the 3 set bonus. Thats the lowest it can go. There was a DH stream where the guy had that ring and he could only get the bonus after having two pieces minimum for the higher set bonuses. The ring itself explicitly states that also that it only works on 2 pieces+ minimum.

Yeah.. well.. it was worth to ask. Since I really wanted to try 2 Set Danetta + Calamity :)
Reply Quote
MVP - Diablo III
View profile
Ok current Q&A time, think I got everyone. Let me know if I missed you. Will check back later to see if is more or any questions regarding my answers. (again I'm only human, I can screw up and also remember it's very early beta a lot can change between now and live)

11/25/2013 05:13 AMPosted by TastySouP
Legacy Cold SoJ's - do they still proc cold and ctw? ( use minimum damage jewellery to make the damage ranges of a low level hand crossbow the same this will make it cause the same damage every hit. Then shoot them when theyre on a caltrops, remember the damage value, then shoot them off of a caltrops, but with cold damage, and see if the Cull the Weak was applied for more dmg. this one is a hard to test i understand if you dont want too ^.^ )

Prep Punishment + Multishot Suppression Fire - does it still work?

I don't and no one I know has the cold SoJ so I can't really test the first one, I'll keep it on my list and try and ask around for you.

Tried out Prop Punishment + Multishot Suppression Fire, It still works fine, easily gaining back enough Discipline to use Prep constantly(as long as you're attacking groups of course).

Good video and you are a bit better than most DH streamers we have seen so far..

I think we are all just curious about each skill's abilities over all. For example, proc. rates, special affixes of the skill etc..

Unless we are playing the RoS also we really don't know what to ask.

For the most part, tankers want to know if they can still facetank. Ranged players want to know if we can still shoot and move like this ...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tMKcURi_JPw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eeRkOzn80c4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K9dV-DEKvo8

You can also try some of the common builds and tell us how it works in RoS..

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/7979319534

Hit and Run is still fine by itself, facetanking needs a little tweaking(Brooding is good for it now).

That's a lot of builds to try out but.

HA/BA - Works fine.
Multishot - As above fine.
Bola Shot / Spike Traps - Fine, even better with the Ninja set clearly.
Strafe Spec - I was actually playing with this spec before making this thread, works well on lower difficulties, I don't think it would be great on higher torments but that would come down to gear.
Cluster Grenades - I tested this with facetanking, using Sentry(Guardian Turret)/Spike Traps(Sticky Trap)/Caltrops(Bait the Trap)/Shadow Power(Gloom)/Companion(Bat)/Grenade(Cluster)/Rapid Fire(Bombardment)/Perfectionist/Brooding/Awareness/Numbing Traps. Now I know that may not be the same spec as what's common but what I found is once I had around 20% reduced resource cost(which is pretty easy) I could Rapid Fire without needed Cluster for Hatred gen, I wouldn't be spending enough Hatred to actually run out.

Needless to say I could see that becoming popular with face tankers, I'd just stand in place on Torment I and regen enough to kill whatever came to me.

I know that's not all the builds in the sticky, but if you want a specific one checked out let me know, I thought this was a good 'bit of everything'.

Caltrops - Jagged Spikes
Can you confirm if this has proc again? Thanks!!!!

Tested(thanks for the tips on how best too) sorry to say it doesn't =(

11/25/2013 05:53 AMPosted by Poekel

If you're willing to do it, you could test some proc coefficients as well (I'd be mostly interested in Strafe - Demolition):
Get LoH (let's say 1000 or 2000), no other healing source, no max health (instead of getting hit you could just equip another Vit item), use a skill on a monster. (single monster as more hits would need to be considered in the calculation) Now write down the amount you got healed. At 1000 LoH for example, a skill with a 50% proc coefficient will heal you for 500 health.

€: With current proc rates SP with 10k LoH should be able to get up to 20-30k health per second per monster. If they haven't changed it you should be able to get 100k+ with Chain of Tormen, Shuriken Cloud, Fan of Knives and Strafe being used simultaneuosly.

Tested with 512 total LoH http://i.imgur.com/IyL60pN.jpg (couldn't be bothered crafting more).

Strafe(Demolition) 256 LoH
Sentry(Chain of Torment) 384 LoH
Chakram(Shuriken Cloud) 64 LoH
Fan of Knives(Knives Expert) 102 LoH
Santry(No rune) No Proc
Spike Trap(No rune) 256 LoH
Companion(No rune) No Proc
Caltrops(Spike Traps) No Proc

11/25/2013 06:50 AMPosted by sneakytails
Is the 30% damage penalty for the Wizard,Witch Doctor and Demon Hunter still in the game?

Can you grab a naked Barb and one of the 3 penalized classes and test out some skeleton hits or something?

There is probably a better way to test this but inquiring minds would like to know.

Tested 10 hits with Rison Undead on a naked lvl60 Barb and a naked lvl60 DH.

Barb hits:

DH hits:

So yeah DH gets hit harder, about 30% harder I'd say. So yes it's still in.

11/25/2013 07:06 AMPosted by PaT
What's the proc coef of Shuriken and Sentry/Chains of Torment?

Can you show me the quiver which let you have 5 sentries up (screenshot)?

Thx

See above for coefficients as for the Quiver http://i.imgur.com/3HsEKkL.jpg (was using the Custom Engineering passive with it, I should have mentioned)

11/25/2013 10:16 AMPosted by KirusAlufras
Archery passive - the 1 Hatred for dual wielding, is that per second or per shot.

Narull, thank you for your time, but are you sure it only adds +1 per attack?

From my understand Resource Generation by 1 =
1. all Generator gain 1 additional Hatred
2. base regeneration went up by 1 (from 4 to 5)
3. skill that return Hatred (i.e. Mark-ME) will add 1 additional Hatred
4. preparation-punishment will add 126 per 25 discipline or if it is calculated like this
125/25 = 5/disc then it will be 6 x25 = 150 Hatred per 25 discipline

Can you please do a quick test for PP. Maybe test it this way, use Vengeance (passive) to gain 25 max Hatred, spent all Hatred then active PP.

Having a real hard time testing this one, I did what you said but I can't notice a difference myself. I've asked for some help to get clarification, will get back too you on it.

11/25/2013 03:10 PMPosted by bearr
Hey OP, thanks for the feedback.

I'd like to know how long does it take between the end of a Rain of Vengeance and the moment you can use another, with your bow and maybe some cooldown reduction?

All depends on how many things I kill, it's 1 second per kill so if I have a lot of mobs I can insta recast it. I've chained 3 in a row at some points(which is awesome btw).

http://i.imgur.com/BSPBDm3.jpg Works well with Frost Arrow and have changed Rain of fire rune too stampede to get the benifit.

Does the increased damage from knockbacks work if your follower knocks the enemy back - say from scoundrel with windforce...?

No, me only, but it does seem to 'debuff' them all so your party does more dmg(haven't 100% tested this, just going off looks/feel from playing with a friend last night).

11/25/2013 10:25 AMPosted by KirusAlufras
Oh, this is not about DH but can you give me a screenshot on splash damage. I'm still wondering how does it work (profile description and one is action will be the best). Thanks.

Damn hard to get a screenie of it going off as I only have 20% http://i.imgur.com/zrQxC8u.jpg

My idea is that i f you stacked splash with an Impale build it could be good, haven't properly tested it due to lack of gold for reenchanting but here is best I could do of it proccing from an Impale hit. http://i.imgur.com/LcwCXoB.jpg

11/25/2013 10:19 AMPosted by Twilice
Hello, I've never been able to get the RoS beta myself. But there is a build that I have always wanted to see.

As for questions, I wonder if sentries and companions still doesn't get any benefits from critical hit chance/damage.

Here is the complete build I would love to test, but can't:

Actives:
Rain of Arrows - Shade
Fan of Knives - Knives expert
Evasive Fire - Parting Gift
Smoke Screen - Choking Gas
Shadow Power - Well of Darkness
Vengeance - Seethe

Passives:
Blood Vengeance
Perfectionist
Tactical Advantage
Brooding

If it would be possible, I would love to see you try this build out!

It doesn't look like companions/sentries benefit from CHC or CHD as for your build, Brooding is a little pointless I found as you need to keep moving but the new Brooding you have t o stand still. Otherwise I could see it working but I had a hard time getting used to it(only because being close to things is not my personal playstyle, not cause it would suck). Could only do a 2min vid(even that took 2 hours to upload to youtube, yay crappy Aussie net!) Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S5xnXqbq6HY&feature=youtu.be (yes I died haha)
Edited by Narull#6634 on 11/26/2013 12:27 AM PST
Reply Quote
Wow.. Thanks so much for all the tests, Narull. You're awesome!

I don't and no one I know has the cold SoJ so I can't really test the first one, I'll keep it on my list and try and ask around for you.
I have a cold SoJ that you can borrow if you want. I'm in the Aussie time zone (WA time zone to be exact).
Reply Quote
MVP - Diablo III
View profile
11/25/2013 11:27 PMPosted by Oble

I have a cold SoJ that you can borrow if you want. I'm in the Aussie time zone (WA time zone to be exact).

No way for me to get it on to the beta servers without deleting everything I already have on the servers. I'm considering it though. Will keep it in mind thanks.
Reply Quote
11/25/2013 10:35 PMPosted by Narull
Damn hard to get a screenie of it going off as I only have 20% http://i.imgur.com/zrQxC8u.jpg

My idea is that i f you stacked splash with an Impale build it could be good, haven't properly tested it due to lack of gold for reenchanting but here is best I could do of it proccing from an Impale hit. http://i.imgur.com/LcwCXoB.jpg

Thanks a lot. I guess Splash Damage is still very early in the development, so it gave no animation, but the numbers seems to be hitting everything within a good 10-12 yard circle (include the primary target).

20% chance to deal x% damage. Maximum value from ilvl 70 is 200%?

Do you have an idea about if this is based off your weapon damage or the damage you dealt to the primary target?
If it is the damage you dealt (as that is what I'm seeing from that pic) looks pretty crazy to be able to deal double the damage to everything around it (kind of broken in its design). Might have a cap at 100% if it take percent damage dealt.

And then this is like ZOMG

Tested(thanks for the tips on how best too) sorry to say it doesn't =(

Blizz will never remove the nerf they added to the game.
Reply Quote
All depends on how many things I kill, it's 1 second per kill so if I have a lot of mobs I can insta recast it. I've chained 3 in a row at some points(which is awesome btw).

Awesome man! I want my RoV build so bad.
Reply Quote
MVP - Diablo III
View profile
11/25/2013 03:26 PMPosted by D3MON
I heard D3MON didn't get RoS beta??? WTF??? The only MVP that mains a DH is shut out?

I put myself forward after i heard about the friends and family release... maybe it was too late...

I thought I'd make a small comment on this, I only just found out that you're an EU MVP(was wondering why people refer to a Demon Hunter MVP when we don't have one.

As you know the EU MVP program isn't run by the US CMs, so that's why you didn't get an invite and why some of us don't know of you as an MVP.

I know it sucks but EU is run VERY differently to US, go bug your CMs(don't tell them I said that). =P
Edited by Narull#6634 on 11/26/2013 12:28 AM PST
Reply Quote
Thank you very much! Dying or not, it doesn't matter, I wanted to see how some parts worked out all in one go! Taking your time and doing that kind of stuff is just amazing!

I should have told you more info maybe :P

But here are the questions I could answer by just that video:

Rain of Vengeance finally got a rune that is equal to the unruned effect but better firepower! (I've been looking forward to this sooo much)

Fan of Knives does not have an attack animation, thus you should be able to not only run while using it, but also attack.

Tactical Assault triggers on evasive fire.

Choking gas and Parting gift seems to have their proc ratio severerly nerfed, you didn't get a lot of hp when using shadow power and escaping with smokescreen / covering fire.
Fan of Knives also has a crappy proc ratio.

Brooding passive does not regenerate far enough to be usable at all when running.

What I didn't learn, does Rain of Arrows still snapshot shadow power, and does it have a good proc ratio? (use Rain of Arrows while shadow power is active)

Okay so to extend the questions:

Does Rain of Arrows - Shade and Shuriken Toss - Shuriken cloud (the "shield") snapshot shadow power? And how much do you regenerate per hit (what seems to be the proc ratio)

But nevertheless, thank you so much for your time and help!
Reply Quote
11/25/2013 11:37 PMPosted by Narull

No way for me to get it on to the beta servers without deleting everything I already have on the servers. I'm considering it though. Will keep it in mind thanks.
Oh I didn't realise that. No worries then. =)

11/26/2013 12:51 AMPosted by Twilice
Okay so to extend the questions:

Does Rain of Arrows - Shade and Shuriken Toss - Shuriken cloud (the "shield") snapshot shadow power? And how much do you regenerate per hit (what seems to be the proc ratio)
I suspect it wouldn't since SP is changed to LoH in RoS. LoH has never been part of snapshotting even in D3 vanilla.
Reply Quote
Thanks for doing this :).

I was wondering about cooldown reduction and resource cost reduction gear. Do you know all the armor slots than can have these stats for DH and what the max amount is for each slot? It should be easy to check with the mystic I believe. I want to know what the max amount of both stats a DH can stack :D.
Reply Quote
11/26/2013 01:15 AMPosted by RageSmash
I was wondering about cooldown reduction and resource cost reduction gear. Do you know all the armor slots than can have these stats for DH and what the max amount is for each slot? It should be easy to check with the mystic I believe. I want to know what the max amount of both stats a DH can stack :D.

I do :)
or at least I hope I do...

ilvl70 Weapon
6.0 - 10.0 % dmg (increase weapon mmd)
5.0 - 8.0 % aps
15.0 - 23.0 splash
7.6 - 11.4 crushing blow
5.0 - 8.0 elite dmg
6.0 - 10.0 cooldown
8.0 - 12.0 resource
10.0 - 35.0 bleed
2.0 - 30.0 level
ilvl70 Ring/Amulet
5.0 - 8.0 aps
4.5 - 6.0 chc
8.0 - 10.0 chc off-hand and amulet
1.0 - 2.0 chc armor (LEGs i.e. Inna Pants)
26.0 - 50.0 chd rings and gloves
51.0 - 100.0 chd amulet

Assume it rolls the same Crush and Splash %
- shoulder, gloves, rings, and amulets (5 items) can roll

Not sure about off-hand items

You can find more about CB here
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/10673937513
bear in mind I don't like it.
Reply Quote
11/26/2013 12:26 AMPosted by Narull

I thought I'd make a small comment on this, I only just found out that you're an EU MVP(was wondering why people refer to a Demon Hunter MVP when we don't have one.

As you know the EU MVP program isn't run by the US CMs, so that's why you didn't get an invite and why some of us don't know of you as an MVP.

I know it sucks but EU is run VERY differently to US, go bug your CMs(don't tell them I said that). =P

Hey,

Ah, don't worry i have bugged my CMs recently about this, it's all good.

Eu isnt much different to here, it's just busier here thats all.

I often come to write here to get different ideas from you guys this side of the pond and share things i want to talk about. I don't try and promote myself as a Us MVP, some poeps just know me as an mvp because they come and chat on the Eu boards too, like nyan and BlackVenom, Rav1n and Chrizzle etc.

Anyway, ive added another request for a key to our Eu Blues, i'll see what happens.

Cheers for all your feedback on this forum for the DH testing. Nice to have someone working on this for the community :)
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]