Diablo® III

Can ANYONE in beta explain this to me?

Thanks to cipkorz2 and his thread
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/10670717347
we now have all the description to our skills in the RoS test realm.

Please take a look at Preparation
http://i.imgur.com/ecRbDUW.png

If you just keep popping Invigoration (Indigo) can you gain unlimited discipline in the same game?
Reply Quote
<(^^<)
Reply Quote
I assume that means as long as you have that skill rune on your skill bar, your max disc is increased by 10.
Reply Quote
11/24/2013 11:57 PMPosted by RageSmash
I assume that means as long as you have that skill rune on your skill bar, your max disc is increased by 10.

That is not the answer I want!!

It is super easy to get +10 discipline on cloak and bolt pistols in RoS because of the primary and secondary boundary. I plan on stacking on all 3 to get +30 (base move to 60).

Thanks for the help, but I was hoping for more.
Edited by KirusAlufras#1739 on 11/25/2013 12:12 AM PST
Reply Quote
This is an interesting question, I have these queries also, Kirus.

If it did work then it would absolutely rock (but would be nerfed damn quickly :D)

It basically turns the skill to an additional passive, only allowing 10 discipline at a time, not sure whether you need to buff yourself with it or it is in from the first second you join game
Reply Quote
I was trying to see if a CM/dev will catch it and change the skill. But of course with a stack limit of 3 times. So after each time you pop the skill you gain 10 discipline up to 30 which will double our base resource pool.

Still hoping that they will not put us at the bottom of their schedule.
Reply Quote
There is a passive word on the skill. Does it mean it becomes more like a passive skill and you cannot spam it?
Reply Quote
11/25/2013 12:23 AMPosted by RaveaAngel
There is a passive word on the skill. Does it mean it becomes more like a passive skill and you cannot spam it?
The way I understand it is that you still use Prep to restore disc with the default effect and default cooldown of 45seconds (or less with CDR), but the rune itself adds a passive effect of +10 disc pool.
Reply Quote
The way I understand it is that it adds 10 discipline when slotted with that rune or after the first activation we now have 10 more discipline as long as the skill is on the bar. But I don't believe it will restore discipline anymore.
Reply Quote
11/25/2013 01:33 AMPosted by KirusAlufras
The way I understand it is that it adds 10 discipline when slotted with that rune or after the first activation we now have 10 more discipline as long as the skill is on the bar. But I don't believe it will restore discipline anymore.

Yes, it become more like a passive skill instead. Wish someone could just test it
Reply Quote
MVP - Diablo III
View profile
I just tested this for you, It's passive +10 discipline, once you change rune/skills its gone.

The other way would be cool, but massively OP.
Reply Quote
11/25/2013 03:30 AMPosted by Narull
I just tested this for you, It's passive +10 discipline, once you change rune/skills its gone.

Thanks Narull

so it doesn't restore discipline anymore right??
Reply Quote
I'm liking prep focused mind with some cooldown reduction...

I'm not knowing how to crunch the numbers.. whats the lowest we can get that 45sec cooldown to??

Maybe L4N won't be such a bonus... I'd trade one skill slot for all the gear slots of L4N required for disc regen.
Reply Quote
11/25/2013 09:36 PMPosted by Drittz
I'm not knowing how to crunch the numbers.. whats the lowest we can get that 45sec cooldown to??

Its 10
x5 armor/ring
x2 weapon/off-hand
x1 gem (goes as high as 15)
x1 paragon
= 90-95%

45 x 0.1 = 4.5
45 x 0.05 = 2.25
to get to 15 second you need 15/45 = 33.33

so 66.66% cdr

5 pc armor +marquise teir diamond +50ppt = 50-70%
Reply Quote
11/25/2013 03:30 AMPosted by Narull
But are you able to still press the skill button to restore discipline?
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]