Diablo® III

best Build For high MP, Act 1 Group PLay?

I do alot of crypt runs but am having trouble finding a build to stick with i haven't really played my DH since the original inferno nerf but i want to eventually hit para 100 with it.

can someone look at my gear and point out any weak points and suggest a build? please
Edited by Diabolic#1635 on 11/23/2013 8:54 PM PST
Reply Quote
Add me if u need kirin#6323
Running crypt with my barb, solo at MP8, but it took too much time to prep the crypt, thats why i need a group now
Reply Quote
11/23/2013 08:47 PMPosted by Diabolic
weak points

frankly, it's DEEEPS... you need to push MIN 250k to be useful (besides the shielding turret)
dex is FAR too low, need 2800 min, CD is low, CC low... :/

what's budget?
Reply Quote
dont really have one im sitting on a couple bil and throw money at the DH when I feel like playing it again. so any gear suggestions are appreciated :P

that said i would rather not spend all my money on the character with the impending expansion.
Reply Quote
You'll fair better eDPS wise by using Archery instead of CtW. If the group that you run Act 1 with is good at snaring mobs and you don't have any survivability issues, you can drop Perfectionist and run both Archery and CtW. Maybe try Bola Shot as your hatred generator for some decent AoE DPS when RF is down. Alternatives are Entangling Shot:Justice is Served or Grenades:Tinkerer for faster hatred regen so that you can get back onto RF sooner. Consider using Prep:Punishment or Smoke Screen:Lingering Fog instead of RoV cuz they synergize with RF:Bombardment better. Prep:Punishment for longer RF channelling in group play, whereas Smoke Screen will help with the occasional crowd controls that come your way.

Gear wise, look for Nat Ring with ChD instead of CC, or both if you can afford it.
Find a similar Calamity but with much more +max damage than that (aim for >320), then put a marquise ruby in it, which is really the only worthwhile marquise gem in D3 vanilla since the difference of min-max damage from RS to marquise is huge.

The rest of your budget can go here:
Amulet, glove and belt can use a bit more ChD.
You can find more dex in these pieces: shoulder, helm, boots and quiver without gimping your eHP and your gold stash badly. Look for high dex/vit in all of them (2xx dex/some vit in shoulder, helm and boots, 300+ dex/2xx vit in quiver).

If things are looking to blow your budget, consider dropping to the 2.501 APS breakpoint, which will be easier on your wallet and slightly easier on your hatred usage as well. This may be a better use of your gold to gear for higher per hit damage (more CC, ChD, dex, average damage) while only dropping 1 tick per second of RF:Bombardment.
Edited by Oble#6655 on 11/24/2013 7:55 PM PST
Reply Quote
11/24/2013 07:54 PMPosted by Oble
You'll fair better eDPS wise by using Archery instead of CtW. If the group that you run Act 1 with is good at snaring mobs and you don't have any survivability issues, you can drop Perfectionist and run both Archery and CtW. Maybe try Bola Shot as your hatred generator for some decent AoE DPS when RF is down. Alternatives are Entangling Shot:Justice is Served or Grenades:Tinkerer for faster hatred regen so that you can get back onto RF sooner. Consider using Prep:Punishment or Smoke Screen:Lingering Fog instead of RoV cuz they synergize with RF:Bombardment better. Prep:Punishment for longer RF channelling in group play, whereas Smoke Screen will help with the occasional crowd controls that come your way.

Gear wise, look for Nat Ring with ChD instead of CC, or both if you can afford it.
Find a similar Calamity but with much more +max damage than that (aim for >320), then put a marquise ruby in it, which is really the only worthwhile marquise gem in D3 vanilla since the difference of min-max damage from RS to marquise is huge.

The rest of your budget can go here:
Amulet, glove and belt can use a bit more ChD.
You can find more dex in these pieces: shoulder, helm, boots and quiver without gimping your eHP and your gold stash badly. Look for high dex/vit in all of them (2xx dex/some vit in shoulder, helm and boots, 300+ dex/2xx vit in quiver).

If things are looking to blow your budget, consider dropping to the 2.501 APS breakpoint, which will be easier on your wallet and slightly easier on your hatred usage as well. This may be a better use of your gold to gear for higher per hit damage (more CC, ChD, dex, average damage) while only dropping 1 tick per second of RF:Bombardment.

First off thanks for the concise response :)

Okay, So In general i need Alot more DEX and Vit, and I need more CC, and More CD on most pieces. What are some good Numbers to shoot for?

dethaxe mentions 2800 for dex,
and i think atm im at 50% cc
and 300 cd
for vit im sitting at 54k life which i feel is low but i know i'll get alot more with paragon levels.

Also you touch alot of eDps but not so much on Ehp What are some sweet spot numbers for All res and Armor? i get that the class is supposed to kite but the likely hood of that going perfectly in mp10 can be pretty difficult (looking at you savage beasts and vortex/teleport).
Edited by Diabolic#1635 on 11/25/2013 12:54 PM PST
Reply Quote
Like Oble said, use Archery instead of CtW and Bola/Volatile Explosive instead of Entangling. Your Quiver has bonus to Bola! ... and Archery will help your disc regen with Night Stalker.

Most DH play with 4000 Armor, 50K HP and 400 AR (DH playing with Gloom)

For gear, your first priority should be your weapon (...and a Marquise Ruby).

If you got some problem with your survivability, maybe you could try Shuriken instead of RoV. You can snapshot Gloom's lifesteal with Shuriken (cast Gloom first, then cast Shuriken = 2 min lifesteal with Shuriken). Shuriken can crit, so it could help you for disc regen with Night Stalker.

Good luck!
Reply Quote
First off thanks for the concise response :)

Okay, So In general i need Alot more DEX and Vit, and I need more CC, and More CD on most pieces. What are some good Numbers to shoot for?

dethaxe mentions 2800 for dex,
and i think atm im at 50% cc
and 300 cd
for vit im sitting at 54k life which i feel is low but i know i'll get alot more with paragon levels.

Also you touch alot of eDps but not so much on Ehp What are some sweet spot numbers for All res and Armor? i get that the class is supposed to kite but the likely hood of that going perfectly in mp10 can be pretty difficult (looking at you savage beasts and vortex/teleport).
You're welcome =)

I didn't mention much about eHP because I feel your eHP is alright, as quoted by PaT "4k armour, 50k life and 400 AR when playing with Gloom" which you've already achieved with your current gear + Perfectionist. It's also because you asked about group play, which means you can get by without needing to go for too much eHP and gear for more eDPS instead to benefit group farming more. If you want more eHP, your best best is a dex/vit Mempo, and pray to the crafting goddess that you get a godly-rolled bracer (maybe similar to mine, but more crit chance and dex). That will sort your eHP out and you shouldn't need to worry about it anymore.

Ok back to eDPS. I think your CC is fine, so for a more specific gear upgrade advice for now, it'll be your Calamity, and then your amulet. Look for a high dex amulet with min-max damage, >85% CD, and 8~10% CC if you can afford. If you want to look for more CC it's going to be trying to get perfect CC roles on your amulet, glove and bracer, or a min-max dmg + trifecta Nat ring, aka very costly.

Dieoxide's amulet is probably the dream Calamity amulet, here for your reference: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/DiEoxidE-1987/hero/35767931

Beyond this, it's going to be upgrades that add a little dex here and there such as 2xx/5x dex/vit boots, 2xx/1xx dex/vit Vile Ward (or crafted 3xx/1xx dex/vit shoulders), etc to eventually get as close to 3k dex as possible without gimping your eHP.
Reply Quote
imho, you can buy int manticore with 2 sockets. i bought mine for 20m only http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/hellice-6165/hero/27548600 it will help to use RF longer to kill elite and mobs. then you can change your vile wards with pick up radius, so you will pick up health globe around you when you are shooting RF. combine with vengeance passive, you can keep shooting RF longer. if you see the skill i use, it doesn't have hatred generator.
Reply Quote
I use the following build with the gear in my current profile (as of 11/26/13):

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/demon-hunter#WchgVd!bXf!ccZYcb

I use a Hellfire Ring instead of the Unity and I opt for a Vile Ward with Pickup Radius instead of Life %, but that is optional. I generally have 370k DPS (+8% Critical Hit Chance to Rapid Fire and 2.001 breakpoint), 70-75k Life, 500 All Resists, 4000 Armor and I rarely encounter any problematic elites that I can't deal with efficiently.
Reply Quote
11/26/2013 08:32 PMPosted by Oble
without needing to go for too much eHP and gear for more eDPS instead

about 330-350k is all you should EVER need eHP wise, but please don't skimp on <350AR and keep HP where you can take a bull charge from full health... when you have no problems SOLO, then go for 4 party. It took me a HELL of a long time to be comfy SOLO, now I join and KNOW I can live :-)

have fun man, when you DO start rockin 4 party (especially with a CS/EP MONK) it's magic, man...
I'm talking whole rooms going BOOM, 200m XP/hr+, just wow...
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]