Diablo® III

Puzzle ring needs a nerf

Just found one the other day, and put one on my merc follower and today spent pert near half my day chasing around goblins, at one point I had 2 goblins on my screen ! I miss just going and killing things at my own pace, but now I have to chase around goblins, too much work !
Reply Quote
Take them off your merc if it's a problem. There's nothing wrong with them.
Reply Quote
i have mine on my merc as well.. it rarely pops a goblin coz it seems like mobs ignore my merc.. i hav to gather some ranged mobs then stand behind my merc in order for him to be hit an pops a goblin.. maybe u jst had one of those moments that it popped 2 in a short period of time.
Reply Quote
Maybe the OP is using the ring on his templar so the Goblin procs more often:)
Reply Quote
But I can't take off the ring, cause I like seeing the goblins! But it is very frustrating after killing an elite or champ pack, then moving forward a bit and seeing the little sucker jump into a portal before you can whack him!
Reply Quote
Oh well another string of posts wasted...

Prioritize the goblin if it frustrates you this much. :)
Reply Quote
80 Dwarf Priest
Wtf is wrong with you, the goblin takes priority over everything!
Edited by Desel on 11/26/2013 6:44 AM PST
Reply Quote
A.) Goblin always takes priority.
B.) Puzzle Ring on follower means it ALWAYS (99% of the time) spawns in the middle of chaos.
C.) Puzzle Ring has a 10~15 minute cooldown between spawnings.
D.) Multiple goblins spawn are only possible with multiple Puzzle Rings.
E.) But D.) Does not apply to the game having a Goblin itself.
F.) Goblins spawn at your followers location if it's their Puzzle Ring trigger.
G.) Puzzle Ring has initial cool down of about ~9 minutes before it can be active.
  • That means from joining the game, or equipping.
  • The only thing that might need to be considered patching DUE to the narrower field of view on console, is have the Treasure Fairy spawn on the players location since Followers can get off screen when facing a horde of enemies.
    Edited by Angeljak#1557 on 11/26/2013 7:50 AM PST
    Reply Quote
    11/25/2013 06:32 PMPosted by Wikumos
    Just found one the other day, and put one on my merc follower and today spent pert near half my day chasing around goblins, at one point I had 2 goblins on my screen ! I miss just going and killing things at my own pace, but now I have to chase around goblins, too much work !

your face needs a nerf.

scrub.
    Reply Quote
    90 Undead Warlock
    This is jus sad that in last two days the forums so dead that this is floating on top for pointless reasons.. is console discussion that usless now?

OP, complaining about puzzles rings...? All I got to say is real???
    Reply Quote
    11/25/2013 06:32 PMPosted by Wikumos

I know, right? I got my first puzzle ring just a couple of days ago too. It's totally insane having to run after them constantly and they drop way too many rare items when killed! It takes me forever to pick all of that up. Plus as soon as I'm done, I'm doing it all over again a few minutes later! If only Blizzard would do something about this. ;-)
    Reply Quote
    I think the goblins are out to get me! I think they purposely spawn to try to get me killed off, ON PURPOSE! That's their strategy, like spawn...run to a champ pack with jailer/desecrater...jump into portal !

Trust me, goblins are the end of the nephalem! Goblins are at war with us and using sneaky tactics to get us killed !
    Reply Quote
    11/27/2013 06:31 AMPosted by Wikumos
    I think the goblins are out to get me! I think they purposely spawn to try to get me killed off, ON PURPOSE! That's their strategy, like spawn...run to a champ pack with jailer/desecrater...jump into portal !

Trust me, goblins are the end of the nephalem! Goblins are at war with us and using sneaky tactics to get us killed !

::rollseyes::
    Reply Quote
    11/27/2013 06:31 AMPosted by Wikumos

No they're not.

Do you really think they care about you? They have all the bling bling of Sanctuary in their sacks.

Which gets me to think, how about having a patch in which the goblins wear a Santa cap? Hey, it's Christmas.
    Reply Quote
    Either don't chase the goblin or take the ring off. Blow your mind did I?
    Reply Quote
    I like to Fart and eat cornflakes
    Reply Quote
    I like to eat cornflakes first, then fart.
    Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
    Explain (256 characters max)
    Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]