Diablo® III

Blue, will we see any more large changes/additions?

11/26/2013 02:43 PMPosted by Nevalistis

The current legendary acquisition rate is higher than planned for launch. We will continue to tune this to arrive at an ideal reward rate, but in the meantime it allows our beta testers to get their hands on a variety of items for testing purposes.

Also consider that Bounties are compounding this issue a bit. With the changes I mentioned above regarding reduction in rewards, this should become a bit less of an issue.

TLDR: It's Beta! Lots is subject to change, and we're not done yet. ;)

I really hope you are aware that by limiting, well let's call it what it really is - removing trading.. You are forcing your own hands to keep the drop rates high. Otherwise there is no carrot on the stick for casuals. Which in turn significantly shortens the lifespan of the game for your most dedicated(?) fans.

Simply put there is no "right" number under the current beta system that will equate to a long and rewarding gaming experience.

It's simple logic. When you remove the pursuit of perfection, you are making the only point of game to acquire enough gear to clear the content. Which forces everyone to lower their standards.

Since the content itself will never be as engaging or evolving as an mmo. You quickly reach the end of the game(not endgame) because there's no more pve or character progression and attempting to acquire a perfect gearset is not only unrealistic but improbable.

Here's the facts of the current system.

1. You isolate the game which removes a social aspect - trading( without an ah trading is a social aspect and on a personal level was missed greatly)

2. Since trading is limited and the AH is removed, you have to make everything more accessible.

3. Because of 1 and 2 you've shortened the lifespan for all players by removing the possibility of acquiring perfect gear.

4. The devoted/dedicated/hardcore players will feel the effects more so than casual players. Because it's that possibility of 1 more stat point that keeps them playing.

5. The most rewarding way to play the game is to multibox and feed all the loot to one character.

This doesn't even touch on the fact that introducing a gear reset via ladder undermines the paragon system. Which is mind boggling, since it becomes even more necessary to reset gear to keep people playing.

In the end if your intentions are to make it like the console. Where a player that had 750+)hours played by august of 2012 (not counting ah) ends up playing for only 150 hours and then sells the game. Because there is nothing left to do except grind paragon on a platform that feels too limited. Then you're on the right path and I probably won't be able to justify purchasing the game. Which is saying something since I also bought the console version of the game, while owning multiple pc copies.
Edited by riptide#1409 on 12/1/2013 5:03 AM PST
Reply Quote
The current legendary acquisition rate is higher than planned for launch. We will continue to tune this to arrive at an ideal reward rate, but in the meantime it allows our beta testers to get their hands on a variety of items for testing purposes.

How low will you go? It feels pretty cool when you see several legends in the same run and is a huge improvement when compared to the starkly barren droprate of vanilla. Since this game has turned everything useful into BoA salvage-matter, getting uniques turns from something you can do with friends to simply doing runs, over and over again until something drops. Decreasing the droprates isn't the way to go since the game's linearity is brutal.

Edit: Also, getting legends from horadric caches feels rewarding, too. It's almost as if the Horadrim didn't stow away a bunch of useless blues and whites, but put effort into amassing things of great power!
Edited by Mist#1713 on 12/2/2013 3:15 PM PST
Reply Quote

Some kind of similar confirmation on gems would be also nice.

- What tiers of gems will drop on which difficulty - if difficulty is a factor
- Drop rates of gems
- Esteated crafting cost of higher tier gems and socketing/unsocketing costs
- Other consumables required and how much
- Drop rates of consumables

As far as I know and seen in the beta marquise and one abow is like a common drop. That make all tiers under marquise usless in RoS, and all tiers in current version worthless. Why upgrade gems right now for a lots of gold to get a marquise if i can get it free in RoS. Rather save my gold to upgrade those marquise to higher gems.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]