Diablo® III

what is the point?

OK so here goes. I have a Paragon level 12 DH that I was able to build a Hellfire ring with solo. It turned out the ring was weaker than three other rings I already have but thats not my question. Once your character can solo Diablo on inferno master 5 and he can solo the double team "uber" bosses to make a hellfire ring what else is there to do other than the same levels over and over and over and over and over to reach Paragon 100? Is there any real point, in game play terms, to reaching paragon 100? I know I could possibly find more powerful stuff and get my DPS higher but is there a real reason to do it other than just to say you did?

PS the profile here is from my PC game not the PS3 game I have my PAragon 12 DH on..
Edited by merlin#1726 on 12/1/2013 1:41 PM PST
Reply Quote
Yup, the one of greatest D3 weaknesses, the endgame.

Looking fwd to ROS, you can allocate the paragon stats various things.

edited for grammar
Edited by hahahaha#1814 on 12/2/2013 5:30 AM PST
Reply Quote
I asked Deep Thought the same question and his answer was very familiar... 42!
Reply Quote
The point is to have fun, and enjoy the journey. Not trying to sound like an a**, but try looking from another perspective. Try leveling another class. Try hardcore. Either way in the time it takes to get one class to paragon 100 plus hellfire rings, it's safe to say you've gotten your $60 worth. It's just a video game, no one is owed more than what they bought. Move on if its boring.
Edited by Elzavier#1277 on 12/1/2013 6:21 PM PST
Reply Quote
80 Dwarf Priest
12/01/2013 06:45 PMPosted by Sturgis
And if you travel in parties of 4 like I do, your MF is increased, difficulty is increased and better loot can drop...

Better loot doesn't drop from higher master lvls or more people..just the chances of getting aagical item increase.
Reply Quote
Get 5mil gold and peace out!
Reply Quote
Isn't it as well a character issue?
With my barbarian, I can "survive" in master V but a little mistake or lack of luck with elite and I die pretty fast... with 345K dps.
Anyway it doesn't worth it because it is too long to kill monsters... unlike Master III.

I somehow know which stuff I need to be able to deal with Master V... and that would be my final equipment. So, from my point, the difficulty is good.

The question is... are we having this conversation because you are an elite player unlike myself?
Or simply because I play barbarian and you play DH?

Note: Paragon is shared btw all your characters (on same account I precise).
If your DH is already fully equiped, start another character.
Reply Quote
View profile
Definitely try other classes. The Hellfire ring and Cain's set is good for leveling new characters because they both increase the XP gains.

Must try them both myself now that I have a Vit HF ring and the Cain's set plans.
Reply Quote
if ur planning on getting RoS then the paragon levels will be converted to skill pts
Reply Quote
80 Dwarf Priest
I say keep trying other classes and even when using another class trying different builds can make you enjoy another class.. I hated the WD until I tries zero dogs and now I love it and finally play something other than my wizard.
Reply Quote
12/01/2013 06:20 PMPosted by Elzavier
The point is to have fun, and enjoy the journey. Not trying to sound like an a**, but try looking from another perspective. Try leveling another class. Try hardcore. Either way in the time it takes to get one class to paragon 100 plus hellfire rings, it's safe to say you've gotten your $60 worth. It's just a video game, no one is owed more than what they bought. Move on if its boring.

My perspective is from the point of....is there any real point to keep playing my DH? I have other characters and I play them but I have not reached level 60 with them yet. My question is more about post 60 play with any given character. It seems to me that the supreme rarity of set items and in many cases their low power level have created a scenario in which most characters will be well past the power level to use set items long before they ever actually find them. While trying to make a Hellfire ring I found two that are more powerful the one I made. I have gotten my moneys worth for sure but I thought the point of a community forum was for players to discuss what they like and dont't like as well as asking questions. I thought there may be other events I can go do or something.
Reply Quote
I will now go and attempt to get all the trophies for console play.
Reply Quote
good idea. all i need is 5 mil gold. im at 4 1/2 mil now. last achievement for me.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]