Diablo® III

Will this ever be fixed?

Running around with my new Zero Dogs Witch Doctor I enjoy farming again. Its with the right Killspeed and Damage and I enjoy the circumstance that I always can run around and never have to stop. And then the fun killer comes. We all know it. Sound stutters and in the next second the game is frozen and we have to restart the 360 with the fear that the savegame could be broken.

I am not impatient but will this ever be fixed? Is it even in Blizzards Mind to fix it? When will we get some answers?
Reply Quote
I second this. Its not as bad since the 1.02 patch, but I get the same thing every couple of days: sound stutters, then the xbox freezes, have manually power off
Reply Quote
It's more the limitations of the crappy xbox. It's basically a paper weight. Should have bought a PS3. Just teasin - don't think there's a way to "fix" this issue. Not really something you can just patch in quick.
Reply Quote
I found that keeping a stash count of 150 or less items has caused my game to stop freezing. see if that works...
Reply Quote
Shhh! Don't tell the OP!
His Zero Dogs are already strong enough, the habitual freeze is a means of balancing!
(^_-)
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
I don't get that with my ps3. its probably an xbox crap thing. never did like xbox . never wanted one and still don't . in fact am glad I DON'T have one! too many problems and not enough playing. whereas the opposite happens with ps3 lots of gaming not many glitches at all. people should stop wasting money on xbox bs and just stick to the knowns that work
Reply Quote
Maybe you missunderstood that thread? Its not about 360 bashing.
Reply Quote
80 Dwarf Priest
I'll try the stash thing since mine is always full..gonna have to make an offline account just to store the stuff though.
Reply Quote
Wait, so PS3 doesn't have freezes? Didn't have the major issue with corrupted save files? Please...read your forum. PS3 is a piece.

The issue with the XBOX 360 is one of the following:

1) if you have the original Xbox, not the new Xbox slim or 360e, replace it (the new xbox 360s are 99$ now). The original overheated all the time, this is the reason for the freeze 90% of the time.

2) control your dogs, don't herd an entire screen of mobs...won't work, especially in act 3 at the bridge.

3) make sure the game is installed on your Xbox hard drive. Don't play it from disk.

Since 1.08 patch where they optimized areas, I've had no freezes on Xbox 360 with my WD, DH, or Monk.

Enjoy.
Reply Quote
11/29/2013 06:47 AMPosted by Ace
Wait, so PS3 doesn't have freezes? Didn't have the major issue with corrupted save files? Please...read your forum. PS3 is a piece.

1) if you have the original Xbox, not the new Xbox slim or 360e, replace it (the new xbox 360s are 99$ now). The original overheated all the time, this is the reason for the freeze 90% of the time.

2) control your dogs, don't herd an entire screen of mobs...won't work, especially in act 3 at the bridge.

3) make sure the game is installed on your Xbox hard drive. Don't play it from disk.

Since 1.08 patch where they optimized areas, I've had no freezes on Xbox 360 with my WD, DH, or Monk.

Enjoy.

#1 shut the hell up. We shouldnt have to buy a new box to play one game.
#2 shut the hell up. The game should be able to be played in its entirety without taking a dump.
#3 shut the hell up. Like we dont have the game installed.
Reply Quote
I have it on both xbox and ps3 and have had the problem on both, so not just on the one platform as some seem to be implying.

On both I have not had any corrupted files, as yet.

The random freeze has been an issue though on both. I seem to notice it more often if they are connected to the internet rather than having the unit offline. My PS3 I use more often when I travel so not always getting a connection and therefore in those situations I can't say I remember it freezing on me. Maybe that is an issue?

My biggest guess is the number items on a screen at once? I say this as I had none of the issues when I played on the earlier modes. As the mode changed and the levels, I started to run across more things to kill and an increased freeze rate. When I run with my DH I don't seem to have any real issues but when I use another with any familiars etc... and say you have your follower and you are on part of an act where you are helping the follower i.e. two instances of the same follower. Then in that instance, I really do half expect it to freeze on me at anytime.

It can be down to a lot of things, on either console. Yet to try it on the xbox one or PS4 since I upgraded so can't provide any comparison. Too busy playing the new games.
Reply Quote
80 Dwarf Priest
If my console freezes it's usually always when farming keeps lvl2..

If a modded player shows up in my game then I have to leave cause they always cause freezing issues.
Reply Quote
Or Rakkis with two or more players. That sound! For today it seems I am lucky. Not a single freeze.
Reply Quote
Don't worry, this is a blizzard issue. I have a really good computer but zero dogs lags like hell on there. In the expansion, we can have 5 dogs lol. They're addressing the lag by making only 1 dog explode at a time. Skills updates will be available even without expansion, so be patient and we'll get the patch on console soon enough. I haven't gotten any cooldown reduction gear on ps3 yet :c
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
This is prob a noob question. How do you install the game so you can play without the disk? I installed when I first bought the game, but get the message "insert disk" or something along those lines. Anyways even though it says it's installed I can't play it without the game disk in the console. BTW if it matters I'm on 360.
Reply Quote
That is definitely a beginner question, lol!
But, no problem!
(^_^);

Disc is required, even after installation. Though the files are read from the HDD, the disc must be inserted to make sure you don't install and sell the disc after.
Microsoft, what can you say?
=/
Reply Quote
11/29/2013 08:03 AMPosted by ShinObama

Enjoy.

#1 shut the hell up. We shouldnt have to buy a new box to play one game.
#2 shut the hell up. The game should be able to be played in its entirety without taking a dump.
#3 shut the hell up. Like we dont have the game installed.

Aw, someone lost their pacifier.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]