Diablo® III

Constructive Views of WD for ROS

12/02/2013 03:15 PMPosted by Jaetch
See, I told you WD threads have watchful eyes on them ;)D3 is fortunate that there are so many passionate players that care about the game and want to build it up to a long-lasting success just as much as those working on the game behind the scenes.

Ok I believe :P

Ty J your the best bud :)
Reply Quote
So if we want to talk about all the good stuff in RoS coming to WD's, why has the majority of zero dog gear been eliminated from the game? We are talking about build diversity, Zero Dogs is a staple build that really promotes group play.

Aside from the Homuculus there seems to be no Skull Grasp, Stone of Jordan, Visage of Giyua or the dreaded Mara's Kaleidoscope with reduced Zombie dog seconds.

Throw a Dog a bone, where did the rest of the reduction gear go?
Reply Quote
12/02/2013 03:06 PMPosted by Grimiku
For example, getting close to your enemies to hit them with Cloud of Bats is a lot riskier when you subtract Life Steal from the equation, and will likely influence the player's decision to use that spell

This brings up another question....does this mean CoB is useless now? We don't want give and take with skills. Is the proc rate for LoH for CoB increased?
Reply Quote
So if we want to talk about all the good stuff in RoS coming to WD's, why has the majority of zero dog gear been eliminated from the game? We are talking about build diversity, Zero Dogs is a staple build that really promotes group play.

Aside from the Homuculus there seems to be no Skull Grasp, Stone of Jordan, Visage of Giyua or the dreaded Mara's Kaleidoscope with reduced Zombie dog seconds.

Reply Quote

100% agree.

This build is not only fun, but is a end game build to me.

The synergy in group play is second to none!!

There is no reason why the ALL 0-dog cooldown gear cannot be updated to ROS standards.

As far as the lag it cause others and the screen shaking?...Blizz you can work on this I'm sure, your smart folks, please figure this out.

This build is one of many that needs to be addressed for ROS.

It goes back to my recommendations of more summoning builds that MUST be Torment 6 ready.

Damage modifiers must scale to the billions of Hit points monsters have at Torment 6.

edit: Im sure like me, others have grown tired of COB, the mechanics is not working for me.

There are so many other neat and interesting builds I would like to experiment with then rely on COB as my primary damage dealer, because I have no other choices.
Edited by REAPER666#1553 on 12/2/2013 4:30 PM PST
Reply Quote
I'am glad i found this post.
Spot on Reaper, good read.
This is exactly how i feel about the current and coming state of the witch doctor.

I'm hoping to see some end game summoner build, aside from the 0dog build.

When they announced the piranhas as the new wd spell i got mixed feelings.
Sure it looks cool and all, but does it really fit the witch doctor?
If they wanted to make a amplify curse skill they could have just made a rune
on one of the current skills, Horrify, Grasp of the Dead or Hex for an example.
As for what the new skill could have been who knows?
Maybe a metamorphosis skill, like the Dark Vessels from
act 1&2 have, but with a more spiritual/voodoo theme.
Making the wd less fragile in mid range combat.
Prehaps making the wd do melee combat for the duration of the skill.

Thats all i got, really looking forward for the expansion!
Reply Quote
12/02/2013 05:33 PMPosted by goofy
I'am glad i found this post.
Spot on Reaper, good read.
This is exactly how i feel about the current and coming state of the witch doctor.

I'm hoping to see some end game summoner build, aside from the 0dog build.

When they announced the piranhas as the new wd spell i got mixed feelings.
Sure it looks cool and all, but does it really fit the witch doctor?
If they wanted to make a amplify curse skill they could have just made a rune
on one of the current skills, Horrify, Grasp of the Dead or Hex for an example.
As for what the new skill could have been who knows?
Maybe a metamorphosis skill, like the Dark Vessels from
act 1&2 have, but with a more spiritual/voodoo theme.
Making the wd less fragile in mid range combat.
Prehaps making the wd do melee combat for the duration of the skill.

Thats all i got, really looking forward for the expansion!

Thanks for your support pal :)

I too am looking forward to ROS and seeing the true potential of the WD, I hope with enough feedback we can impliment change to benefit all of us and make running this class more enjoyable and meaningful.

I like your ideas as well thanks for sharing your thoughts
Reply Quote
I lost track of the latest changes.
are we getting crits on thorns?
http://imageshack.us/a/img822/3029/shielddenial.jpg

is that the Piranha we are talking about?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zJ7UP7PlFC8

Actually if they buff Toad of Hugeness to swallow elites, that big Toad can be very helpful.
Oh, that reminds me, our toad department is not offering much at the moment...
Edited by Luffy#1946 on 12/2/2013 7:01 PM PST
Reply Quote
http://i.imgur.com/6hsS7lq.jpg

these are the latest changes....

12/02/2013 06:49 PMPosted by Luffy
lost track of the latest changes.
are we getting crits on thorns?
http://imageshack.us/a/img822/3029/shielddenial.jpg

is that the Piranha we are talking about?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zJ7UP7PlFC8

Actually if they buff Toad of Hugeness to swallow elites, that big Toad can be very helpful.
Oh, that reminds me, our toad department is not offering much at the moment...
Reply Quote

I will be going through all these proposed changes and giving my opinion soon, I suggest you guys offer yours as well.
Edited by REAPER666#1553 on 12/2/2013 7:18 PM PST
Reply Quote
Hmmm what skill would be the most broken with the 0 CD Shrine plus the item that makes shrines last an hour? Spirit Walk would be my guess. Wizards are using it with Teleport like crazy to get around in Rifts.
Edited by rockon87#1616 on 12/2/2013 7:32 PM PST
Reply Quote
Making primary spells free should have been in the big balancing patch of 1.04. Seeing as how no other class pays resource for primary skills it only makes scene.

I don't understand if pile on still has a cool down or not.
Reply Quote
12/02/2013 07:16 PMPosted by REAPER666

I will be going through all these proposed changes and giving my opinion soon, I suggest you guys offer yours as well.

digesting...

first thought:
Hex
angry chicken change sounds good
We need buff on Unstable Form rune to make it useful.

Gargantuan:
I hope the Restless Giant enrage damage can be higher and make it worth a re-summon (suggest 500%)
Then the Wrathful Protector buff should be even higher...(make it 800%!!)
Edited by Luffy#1946 on 12/2/2013 8:10 PM PST
Reply Quote
12/02/2013 07:33 PMPosted by JonkZ
Making primary spells free should have been in the big balancing patch of 1.04. Seeing as how no other class pays resource for primary skills it only makes scene.

I don't understand if pile on still has a cool down or not.

pileon has no cooldown...but it become a zombie charger rune and cost mana.
Damage buffed to 800 and no knockback.

The wall of zombie cooldown become 8 sec for all runes (unless specified otherwise).
So we can have 0 WoZ from wall CD reduction gear. This makes WoZ very usable!
Reply Quote
luff,

look at the decaying skills and tell me your opinions based on new info.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/class/witch-doctor/active/#type=decay
Reply Quote
12/02/2013 08:00 PMPosted by Luffy
Gargantuan:
I hope the Restless Giant enrage damage can be higher and make it worth a re-summon (suggest 500%)
Then the Wrathful Protector buff should be even higher...(make it 800%!!)

this one bugs me too, not enough damage and the aggressiveness of the garg needs to be addressed

They attack too slow

I also find that these "pets" stand there too much waiting for a taxi ride or something...fight already dammit :P
Edited by REAPER666#1553 on 12/2/2013 8:16 PM PST
Reply Quote
12/02/2013 06:49 PMPosted by Luffy

That toad would be similar to what Hex do to elites.

One change they could make is whenever a WD does an action like summon or cast, it should be counted as swinging his weapon at melee range and enemies hit by the weapon should get elemental damage from the WD's armor or weapon. For example, they could get frozen because the WD has a freeze witching hour. Right now that doesn't happen.
Reply Quote
76 Pandaren Mage
Wrathful Protector should last forever like the others but make it easier for it to die. I still don't see anyone taking it otherwise.
Reply Quote
Just to throw my little experience in here for you to digest. I have been playing in the beta a bit on my WD trying to find some kind of build that works well. I did find a rather slow, but usable build for T6. It does use the somewhat broken Crushing blow though I must admit. Id does use the "under-used" skills though.

Spirit Barrage: The Spirit is Willing (So fast attack that does quite a ton of damage)
Piranha's: Zombie Piranha's (So much life leech and damage you can't pass this up, expect changes)
Spirit Walk: Jaunt (Get out of jail)
Big Bad Voodoo: Slam Dance (packs)
Zombie Dog: Leeching Beasts (Any rune works, in HC I like life)
Gargantuan: Humongoid (lots of little packs so cleave helps)

Rush of Essence (So much mana returned, expect this to be changed)
Zombie Handler (+1 ZD and pet health)
Midnight Feast (+1 ZD and pet damage)
Spirit Bessel (I play Hardcore and this is still mandatory)

With Last Breath (1h WD knife) I have 10% crushing blow... 10.48 actually. Yeah there are bad combo of affixes that scare the hell out of me, but still playable even with LOW DPS (640k self buffed). Poison wipes out pets and waller is dumb with anything. The scariest affix is reflect though. With the speed of your attacks, you can still go from 100% to 10% health almost instantly. That fast speed at which you attack with spirit barrage and your pets (all 6 of them), you see the crushing blow SO much and the health of mobs drops pretty fast. With Rush of Essence, you ALWAYS have mana for piranha's. With 16% cooldown, you can have 2 pools up at a time returning a TON of life (Expect this to change).

I am sure if I geared up more, it would be even easier. It is no where near as fast as other classes, but you can do it. I mostly stick with T1-2 at this point to make it easy. Plus my game keeps crashing randomly. No point going so slow you cant finish a bounty run. Don't get to most of the time, but rather try to.
Reply Quote
That blue post absolutely disgusts me. I was on the fence about RoS, but I am firmly off of it now. Life steal and Resource steal are two things that belong in a hack and slash game PERIOD. I was hoping the complete removal of Life Steal was something that would be revised but it seems I am going to be forced into a game of tiddlywinks.

I am sorry for being so unconstructive, but my level of disappointment has reached a point I didn't think was possible. Maybe something will bring me back around and get me excited for RoS, but as it stands right now I don't know.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]