Diablo® III

Constructive Views of WD for ROS

Thanks OCO,

I hav'nt had much time to address the changes in skills yet, but I plan to provide my opinion soon
Reply Quote
Good article OP + thanks for the response Bliz!
Excited at the possibility of new builds.
Reply Quote
12/09/2013 11:49 AMPosted by Dude
Good article OP + thanks for the response Bliz! Excited at the possibility of new builds.

Thanks, Yeah there's a lot of great ideas from players here that need to be addressed
Edited by REAPER666#1553 on 12/10/2013 12:22 PM PST
Reply Quote
dear witch doctors

just because this article got a bit abandoned - lets try to maintain the constructive feedback on this class rather than being hysterical about the changes - since changes are inevitable (game breaking or not - this still has to be proven) as we learned the only thing we can do by now is discussing these and offer constructive views on the further development of the witch doctor (I take it that there aren't any new skill changes due to the datamined info that there is development in progress and this might be our chance)

since this thread is linked to ros and some of you are playing beta for now I think it would be good to gather information about skill changes or lacks of functionality in the beta to address them to fellow players or the developers and figure out how these lacks could be improved which could be related to ideas people articulate within this thread

cheers oco
Reply Quote
12/14/2013 11:31 AMPosted by oco
dear witch doctors

just because this article got a bit abandoned - lets try to maintain the constructive feedback on this class rather than being hysterical about the changes - since changes are inevitable (game breaking or not - this still has to be proven) as we learned the only thing we can do by now is discussing these and offer constructive views on the further development of the witch doctor (I take it that there aren't any new skill changes due to the datamined info that there is development in progress and this might be our chance)

since this thread is linked to ros and some of you are playing beta for now I think it would be good to gather information about skill changes or lacks of functionality in the beta to address them to fellow players or the developers and figure out how these lacks could be improved which could be related to ideas people articulate within this thread

cheers oco

Not abandoned my friend just refocusing on Beta atm. With all the server issues on ROS beta, my run time has been limited.

I have leveled to 70 atm, and have finished the story line.

It doesnt take long at all to level to 70

My initial thought was the story line was a bit short, (concerning to me), which I suppose is why they added Bounties and Rift runs to add to game content. This has been a maojor debate in forums that "end game play" is in question and a concern for us.

I will be streaming bounty and RIft runs now, gear is getting better and I want to test some more builds for all to see.

I'm still using a majority of legacy gear atm, but was able to enchant some gear which is pretty fun.

The game runs very smooth. actually better then D3V and graphics are amazing to say the least

TBH I dont know how long it will take to get a WD to Torment 6 capable, due to drops rates I am seeing

Legacy gear will get you through Master, but when you get into Torment levels, thats a whole other ball park.

I will be giving my review soon on my other thread so look for it

Thanks for your contributions here. much appreciated.

EDIT: One thing I can say for sure....getting as many paragon points now will help later. I does help alot.
Edited by REAPER666#1553 on 12/15/2013 1:52 AM PST
Reply Quote
12/15/2013 01:46 AMPosted by REAPER666
I will be streaming bounty and RIft runs now, gear is getting better and I want to test some more builds for all to see.
like right now? :)
Reply Quote
like right now? :)

aww not now B sorry its 1:30 am here im toast ;/
Reply Quote
I actually would like to see more feedback from players running PTR at least share what your learning and what your concerns are for WD in ROS.

I understand your limited as to what you can do, but would be great hear from you

edit: I cant be the only loud mouth screaming for change :P
Edited by REAPER666#1553 on 12/16/2013 11:18 AM PST
Reply Quote
i hope i get a beta key in the next wave so i can try it out. ive ran the ptr about 4-5 times tried act 1 2 and 3. no issues at lvl 60 on master dif at all actually its pretty easy to say the least. feels like its = to mp 6-7ish? without the density. i have tried to use a few differ skills i find myself goin back to bears some. lumbering cold is ok but nothing special kinda like an alt version to cob. i have taking and extreme liking to acid cloud corpse bomb though. i do enjoy the new paragon system and liek reap said above get ur paragon points now there worth it. im at like 210 paragon in the ptr and if i was to 300 it would be so much better. i found 1 legendary 2h mace that had 300 dps? (wtf) but a few items i did find were pretty good but nothing usable quite yet. i found a rare belt with 200 int/200vit/46 all resist/10% + damage to zombie charger with 2 yard pick up radius. so that could of been a really sweet belt actually. so far the only major thing i dont like is the mob density. im not saying that it should be where it is now but i think it needs to be more than were there at. maybe torment will provide higher density that i dont know. i like how potions resotre % of ur health now it makes potions actually usuable.
Reply Quote
12/16/2013 01:39 PMPosted by EvoIution
i hope i get a beta key in the next wave so i can try it out

Oh man I hope so too, I would love to see more active players here help with testing and feedback

I feel like I'm lagging a bit due to work constraints ;/

The PTR is just a Taste of what the game is, it not the same at all.
Edited by REAPER666#1553 on 12/18/2013 10:53 AM PST
Reply Quote
12/18/2013 10:52 AMPosted by REAPER666
i hope i get a beta key in the next wave so i can try it out

Oh man I hope so too, I would love to see more active players here help with testing and feedback

I feel like I'm lagging a bit due to work constraints ;/

The PTR is just a Taste of what the game is, it not the same at all.

yea i can imagine. from the streams ive seen and the ptr ive played i can see thier is a world of difference. hopefully im lucky enough to get to try it here at some point!
Reply Quote
I wanted to give my opinion and offer changes in the listed categories below.

I have modified stats and some tool tips. I have been reviewing all the skills, and am putting together my notes to add to this.

1. Decaying
2. Terror
3. Defensive
4. Voodoo
5. Primary
6. Secondary
7. Lastly will be passives

Next post will be Terror Skill changes

Decaying Skills

Acid Cloud
Cost: 100 Mana

Cause acid to rain down, dealing an initial 575% weapon damage as Poison, followed by 1275% of weapon damage as Poison over 6 seconds to enemies who remain in the area.

Quick Facts
• Can be aimed at the ground
• Is usable in Town
• Can be targeted at enemies
• Don't move closer if out of range
• Is a Ranged Attack
• Is a Melee Attack
• Can cause a unique death animation

Corpse Bomb
Raise a corpse from the ground that explodes for 825% of weapon damage as Poison to enemies in the area.

Acid Rain
Increase the initial area of effect of Acid Cloud to 24 yards.

Lob Blob Bomb
The acid on the ground forms into a slime that irradiates nearby enemies for 1275% of weapon damage as Poison over 3 seconds.

Slow Burn
Increase the duration of the acid pools left behind to deal 1850% weapon damage as Poison over 6 seconds.

Kiss of Death
Spit a cloud of acid that deals 330% weapon damage as Poison, followed by 1275% of weapon damage as Poison over 3 seconds.

Zombie Charger

Call forth a reckless, suicidal zombie that deals 560% of weapon damage as Poison to all enemies in its path before decomposing.

Quick Facts
• Is usable in Town
• Can ONLY be aimed at the ground
• Is a Ranged Attack
• Is a Melee Attack

Zombie Bears
Summon zombie bears that stampede towards your enemy. Each bear deals 575% of weapon damage as Poison to enemies in the area.

Zombie Winter Bears
Zombie winter bears crawl out of the ground and run in all directions, each bear dealing 575% of weapon damage as cold to enemies in a 16yrd radius..

Pile On
Summon a tower of zombies that falls over, dealing 875% of weapon damage as Physical to any enemies it hits within a 16 yrd radius.

Undeath
If the Zombie Charger kills any enemies, it will reanimate and charge nearby enemies for 1275% of weapon damage as Poison. This effect can repeat up to 5 times.

Explosive Beast
Summon an explosive Zombie Dog that streaks toward the enemy before exploding, dealing 1275% of weapon damage as Fire to all enemies within 20 yards.

Spirit Barrage

Bombard an enemy with 6 spirit bolts, each bolt deals damage of 825% of weapon damage as Physical.

Quick Facts
• Is usable in Town
• Is a Ranged Attack
• Is a Melee Attack
• Can cause a unique death animation

Manitou
Summon a spectra that hovers over you, unleashing spirit bolts at nearby enemies with in 16 yrds at once for 4000% of weapon damage as Physical over 6 seconds.

Phlebotomize
Each spirit bolt has a 40% chance to Charm its target for 4.0 seconds.

Well of Souls
An additional 3 spirits seek out other enemies and deal 525% of weapon damage as Physical.

Phantasm
Summon a spectre that deals 1275% of weapon damage as Physical over 3 seconds to all enemies within 20 yards. You can have a maximum of 5 Phantasms out at one time.

The Spirit Is Willing
Gain 48 Mana each time Spirit Barrage hits enemy.

Wall of Zombies

Cost 150 mana (no cool down)

Raise a line of zombies 28 yards wide from the ground that attacks nearby enemies for 1275% of weapon damage as Physical over 6 seconds.

Quick Facts
• Can be aimed at the ground
• Is usable in Town
• Can ONLY be aimed at the ground

Creepers
6 zombies will emerge from the ground and attack nearby enemies for 825% of your weapon damage as Physical per zombie..

Barricade
Increase the width of the Wall of Zombies to 48 yrds

Offensive Line
Knockback all enemies behind the wall and inflict 575% additional damage as weapon damage upon knockback

Unrelenting Grip
Your Wall of Zombies will Slow the movement of enemies by 60% for 6 seconds.

Wrecking Crew
The line of zombies taunt enemies to attack them. Once wall is touched by enemy they receive 575% of weapon damage as Physical.

More to come, I will give my reasons for changing these line items soon...but in the mean time think about this list.
Edited by REAPER666#1553 on 12/18/2013 2:51 PM PST
Reply Quote
Wall of Zombies - "no cooldown" is not going to happen.
8 sec is very usable for me. I hope for more dmg and more % slow down/knockback. Again, WoZ can be real fun!

Well of Soul - need more dmg for sure. It takes mana (comparing to "The Spirit Is Willing") but extra dmg advantage is not there! I have more expectation for this rune!

Pile On: I hope it can deal purely "weapon damage" instead of "physical damage". That would be fun!

btw, I think pet builds need more attention...... could be fun...
Reply Quote
Wall of Zombies - "no cooldown" is not going to happen. 8 sec is very usable for me. I hope for more dmg and more % slow down/knockback. Again, WoZ can be real fun!

I would want to be able to use Creepers just like bears or Firebats, perhaps Creepers needs to be relocated to Zombie Charger then

Btw..Pets and summoning I have been working on, I have to organize my notes when I have spare moments at work :P
Edited by REAPER666#1553 on 12/18/2013 3:03 PM PST
Reply Quote
thanks for all the notes and testing your doing. I hope to get a key as well soon. In the meantime i plan on testing what i can on the PTR as far as changes go.
Reply Quote
-_- I read that decay list and thought it was for real an updated version at first. I think you've got the right idea though, even if a bit messily formatted. Getting the runes balanced allows the unique mechanics to mean something.
Reply Quote
12/19/2013 08:49 AMPosted by Surijak
-_- I read that decay list and thought it was for real an updated version at first. I think you've got the right idea though, even if a bit messily formatted. Getting the runes balanced allows the unique mechanics to mean something.

I would like to hear your views of my Proposed changes to skills for WD in my other thread.

disregard most of the % damage modifiers I suggested, It was more to make a point.

I can modify my email to Blizz and include yours and other opinions that make sense to help this class.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]