Diablo® III

Question regarding diablo 3 purchase

90 Orc Death Knight
So its going to be my first time trying out diablo 3

will i have to purchase diablo 3 and reapers of soul when its out or will i be able to purchase reapers of soul as a stand alone when its released
Edited by BackStabYou#1398 on 11/30/2013 9:49 PM PST
Reply Quote
94 Undead Warlock
Ya sure,
how about

uncut

Level 8, Paragon Level 0

Softcore Demon Hunter Build (Last Sync w/ Battle.net: December 1, 2013) This may be a temp build but he is here.

Question is valid though. We did not need D2 to play D3 as D3 was a new game RoS is basically a D3 expansion so I'd guess you need D3. Expansions tend to require the original game be installed.
Edited by DeadRu#1893 on 12/1/2013 3:02 AM PST
Reply Quote
MVP - Technical Support
View profile
Dread,

RoS is an expansion, not a new game so will require D3 Vanilla in order to play. If you are interested, keep an eye out for sales. If you just want to try out the game, you can grab the starter edition or you can wait for the PTR to come out at the end of December.
Reply Quote
View profile
12/01/2013 05:09 AMPosted by ihaveshirts
Question is not valid at all, its fairly retarded. Name 1 game that has an expansion where you don't need the base version to play it.

Supreme Commander actually.

Some games have stand alone expansions. But they are usually advertised as such.

Reaper of Souls is not stand alone.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight
It was a simple question being asked since i had no idea how non subscription based games worked

try being a decent human being and answer questions in a respectful manner

kids will be kids, i guess
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight
12/01/2013 03:00 AMPosted by Deadru
Ya sure,
how about

uncut

Level 8, Paragon Level 0

Softcore Demon Hunter Build (Last Sync w/ Battle.net: December 1, 2013) This may be a temp build but he is here.

Question is valid though. We did not need D2 to play D3 as D3 was a new game RoS is basically a D3 expansion so I'd guess you need D3. Expansions tend to require the original game be installed.

Thanks for the respectful answer, unlike these other imbecile children
Edited by BackStabYou#1398 on 12/2/2013 2:45 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight
12/01/2013 06:18 AMPosted by MissCheetah
Dread,

RoS is an expansion, not a new game so will require D3 Vanilla in order to play. If you are interested, keep an eye out for sales. If you just want to try out the game, you can grab the starter edition or you can wait for the PTR to come out at the end of December.

Thank you, its nice to see someone has self control and is well mannered
Reply Quote
you get way too much of people acting this way and belittling others,and why? to make themselves feel better,try being a real person and kind to others.I really don't think that's asking for much.
Reply Quote
As much as the criticism around these forums fly, this was a decent question that only required a decent answer. If you hate the game, don't taint your answer with your own bitter experience. The person asked a simple question....so they don't need your colorful, hate-for-the-game's answer.
Reply Quote
no, they just need to learn manners 101. not sure why they assume everyone will put up will their childlike cantor,esp when this games rated mature, these people act like their 9 year olds,and 9 year olds aren't supposed to be playing this game, 17 on up,thank god I don't know anyone over 17 that acts this way, have a blessed night
Reply Quote
98 Troll Hunter
Dread,

you can grab the starter edition or you can wait for the PTR to come out at the end of December.

When did they announce the RoS PTR (what I'm assuming as a beta?) to come out or is this in mention to a new PTR build in late December?
Reply Quote
MVP - Technical Support
View profile
12/02/2013 02:06 PMPosted by Shakyra
Dread,

you can grab the starter edition or you can wait for the PTR to come out at the end of December.

When did they announce the RoS PTR (what I'm assuming as a beta?) to come out or is this in mention to a new PTR build in late December?

I was referring to the Vanilla patch 2.0 PTR announced for around the end of Dec. That would allow the OP to try the Vanilla game out, with the changes, and see if he likes it.

Of course, if you end up needing Standard to be eligible to download the PTR then I take back what I said. I have not tested that.
Edited by MissCheetah#1661 on 12/2/2013 3:00 PM PST
Reply Quote
12/01/2013 05:09 AMPosted by ihaveshirts
Question is not valid at all, its fairly retarded. Name 1 game that has an expansion where you don't need the base version to play it.
Actually I think one of the "Infamous 2" "expansions" didn't actually need "Infamous 2" to play.
Edited by DevilsHand#1300 on 12/2/2013 3:05 PM PST
Reply Quote
Community Manager
11/30/2013 09:48 PMPosted by Dreadsorrow

will i have to purchase diablo 3 and reapers of soul when its out or will i be able to purchase reapers of soul as a stand alone when its released

12/01/2013 06:18 AMPosted by MissCheetah
Dread,

As MissCheetah said, you will need to own the base version of Diablo III prior to utilizing the additional features and Crusader class offered in its expansion, Reaper of Souls.

If you haven't had a chance to try out Diablo III yet, I'd definitely encourage you to try out the Starter Edition, which is available on both PC and Mac, or the free demos available on the PlayStation 3 and XBox 360 versions of the game. :)
Reply Quote
12/02/2013 04:52 PMPosted by Vaeflare

Dread,

As MissCheetah said, you will need to own the base version of Diablo III prior to utilizing the additional features and Crusader class offered in its expansion, Reaper of Souls.

If you haven't had a chance to try out Diablo III yet, I'd definitely encourage you to try out the Starter Edition, which is available on both PC and Mac, or the free demos available on the PlayStation 3 and XBox 360 versions of the game. :)

sorry just to clarify - if a new player wants to play the expansion, without owning the original game, he would have to buy BOTH the original AND the expansion? Blizz is not going to have an all in one pack that contains everything?
Reply Quote
Hi guys,

I have a friend who originally chose to play the French version of Diablo 3 and as a result, he ended up being placed on the European server.

Just out of curiosity, if he buys the expansion pack, will he be able to play in English and and come back to the US server?
Reply Quote
Community Manager
12/02/2013 05:38 PMPosted by Lager

sorry just to clarify - if a new player wants to play the expansion, without owning the original game, he would have to buy BOTH the original AND the expansion?
For the time being, this is correct.
Blizz is not going to have an all in one pack that contains everything?
If or when such a pack becomes available, we would certainly let you know, but to date, we haven't announced a bundle which includes both Diablo III as well as the upcoming expansion.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]