Diablo® III

Infernal Machine

What. The. F*ck. I had two of the organs, decided to go for the third. I grinded two of each of the keys to ensure I got the right portal. Do them both - got the SAME two organs I already had. Grinded three more keys...oh, the same one I JUST DID. I now have 2 of one, 3 of another, and 0 of the last. Seriously? So ALL of that was WASTED time, because chances are, I WON'T get that last one a few consecutive times, so I'll always have extras, and I just wasted an hour and a half of grinding. What trash. Not even worth it.
Reply Quote
it's because the portals are random for each game session you have to do 3 portals per session to get all three pieces to drop
Reply Quote
12/01/2013 08:19 PMPosted by Trunks86
it's because the portals are random for each game session you have to do 3 portals per session to get all three pieces to drop

It's not that random, you just need to know where the bosses are (left portal, right portal...etc) and what do they drop.

If you get close enough to where the portal is supposed to open, you can choose which one you want to fight.

For example: If you want to open the left portal, stand right next to it, with your character facing where it opens. This should work....
Reply Quote
80 Dwarf Priest
12/02/2013 05:05 AMPosted by Mendrone

It's not that random, you just need to know where the bosses are (left portal, right portal...etc) and what do they drop.

If you get close enough to where the portal is supposed to open, you can choose which one you want to fight.

For example: If you want to open the left portal, stand right next to it, with your character facing where it opens. This should work....

Are you saying yoU can choose what random portal opens simply by where you stand? Sorry not buying it but I'll try it later.
Reply Quote
Ok so I’m like 90 percent sure that mendrone is wrong about being able to choose which portal opens. And for the OP the portals open randomly to an extent but the bosses are always in the same portal so for example, if I have 3 machines and I use one any of the portals can open at random lets say it was the portal on the right. Then when I use the second machine another portal will open but it cannot be the one on the right because that one is already open so it will either be the one on the left or the one at the top of the room. Then once I use the 3rd one it can only be the one that hasn’t opened yet. Now the bosses don’t change so for example maghda and leoric will always be in the portal on the left side of the room. No matter what portal opens when, they will always be there and the same applies to the other bosses though I cannot remember which ones are where, also the parts they drop don’t change so leoric and maghda will always drop the spine no matter what, again I cant remember which part the others drop but it will never change. So you need to have 3 portals to guarantee that u have a chance to get all three bosses, also the drop chances of the parts are based on master level so at master 1 you have a 20 percent chance to get the parts and at master 5 you have a 100 percent chance.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]