Diablo® III

Critical mass nerf?

I heard a rumor that the critical mass passive is going to be taken out of the game. Is there any type of confirmation for that?
Reply Quote
You should probably post this in the RoS or Wizard forum. Last I knew the passive was still in the game but Blizz will cap the stats that gear can provide including attack speed and crit chance which would nerf CM/WWbut I haven't kept close watch on RoS
Reply Quote
Oh are the forums open to everyone now?
Reply Quote
When RoS comes out critical mass passive will be taken out, also the WW barb will be done also with changes to WotB:ToC
Reply Quote
Do you have a link for that info?
Reply Quote
I don't, think I saw moldran talk about it in a youtube video, also think the Archon build is gone, but how thats being nerfed I'm not sure.
Reply Quote
They are open for me . And they are open for searching. I'm guessing this question has already been asked and answered
Reply Quote
I did find some more info in the RoS forum. Looks like wizards are getting a huge nerf..seems unnecessary to me.
Reply Quote
I do quite like my cm wizard. Would be totally lame if cm gets nerfed.
Reply Quote
Well that's a bummer. Then again... not really. I like to experiment and see other have diversity in their builds rather than a mass cookie cutter setup.
Reply Quote
according to the Datamine CM is still in the game, but that can not be followed as its not garunteed info.
As for the Archon nerf, they are changing it so that killing enemies while in archon form will no longer increase the duration, it will just increase your damage.
Reply Quote
Crit mass is such a useful skill. Most of my wiz's are "generic" builds but I still used Crit Mass to help keep Teleport and Diamond Skin available.

There are many Wiz skills that "could have, should have" been great (like paralysis), but Blizz ignored improving them and chose to continuously stealth nerf crit mass to the detriment of the whole class.
Reply Quote
11/30/2013 05:50 PMPosted by EmmetOtter
There are many Wiz skills that "could have, should have" been great (like paralysis), but Blizz ignored improving them and chose to continuously stealth nerf crit mass to the detriment of the whole class.

That's the unfortunate thing. I wish they'd increase or buff the other abilities to be equally as awesome rather than nerf the other skills.
Reply Quote
Yeah I never use the cm/energy twister builds. I don't think they're the best, but I still use cm to reduce my diamond skin/teleport/frost nova with living lightning and meteor shower. No cooldown on teleport is one cool idea, but then you have unlimited teleporting on archon, which would be pretty nice. Albeit broken.
Edited by Foliaged#1788 on 12/1/2013 8:49 AM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]